Author Topic: the game doesn't feel the same  (Read 12373 times)

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: the game doesn't feel the same
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 03:36:21 pm »
I'm curious, what other thing do you do ?

:oops:   :D

@Alopen
Wasn't thinking of the real reason when I was writing my first post but it is actually the retirement that made you start building your char again. Since chadz is already working on it all is fine. Besides with all the likes and dislikes I still think this is the best game + mod I've ever played. +500 hours spent on M&B Warband and most of this time went on c-rpg. :)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 04:58:31 pm »
People keep dividing anyone who wants  aleveling system as grinders who cant enjoy the arcade style of doing the exact same thing over and over again without any change.  Part of the reaon many of us enjoy the supposed "grind" is that as we and others level up it changes the dynamics in our battles with others and we have to continually readjust.  I dont know about others but silly games like tetris and other video or arcade (not computer) games bore the crap out of me because of the excessive repetitiveness dulls my mind.  People keep praising a system that never changes with the "true form of gaming unpolluted by the scourge of grinding", but fail to recognize the mind-numbing monotony of an unchanging  system.  Yes if you want a quick dull fix like staring at the boob tube that doesnt require much brain power and keeps your mind occupied without challenging it, then get rid of all the "grind".  But many peopel that play computer rather than video games are very intelligent people that need more intellectual stimulation from a shifting and changing dynamic in a game.  The other thing such players can get this from is from a great storyline development, which this game cannot provide as yet, though strategus offers some slight potential with this regard.  Its best to have both worlds of shifting abilties and story development that is the mark of a great game that captures the attention of many computer gamers as a truly great role-playing or cRPG game: think the original Fallouts, Planescape:Torment, Betrayal at Krondor, Final Fantasy, the Baldur's Gate series, etc.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 05:03:21 pm »
i still see people going 27-3.

I was able to to obtain this on cav friendly map. BUT, team kept losing, coz all the ATS guys are on the other team.  :cry:

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 05:10:06 pm »
The game does seem fundamentally different some how, I do feel as if I'm playing native at times only with peasant cannon fodder...
On it.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 05:15:24 pm »
Yeah i dont feel like im playing cRPG anymore. And also i have infinite money and instead of saving up for somehting good, im just spending it on whatever I want: weapons, plate armors, helmets, etc
Ca$hville 615

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 05:21:28 pm »
really if the combat worked like it did before the patch in the sense that my swings actually registered id be fine.

but as it is anytime i go to fight someone its a crapshoot on if my swings will land(block or hit) or not.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »
its more then the equipment decay, and the tactics.. the game just feels different, the animations are different, the scoring is kind of confusing(gold/exp per minute, but doesnt show where or how much you have gotten so far.

Really there is no reason to move, or wear equipment.

So far personally I'm not enjoying my character feels nothing like my old character did, the same things im noticing are the cookie cutter way to win, i still see people going 27-3. the only thing that seems ot have changed is the fun was taken out.

The game is about fun.  Now people can flank and due whatever comes to mind to try to win and keep their multiplyer so then can afford to have more equipment.  Before, the game sucked in battle mode since you had to run at each other in a huge blob.  Much better niow.  You wear equipment in order to have more fun kicking ass.  If you need it to mean more, join strategus or go play world of warcraft. 

Offline EricCire

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 08:54:06 pm »
RIP CRPG WARBAND

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 09:00:28 pm »
+1
No, it's an awesome patch for PLAYERS.

You know, people who enjoy PLAYING the game for what it is.

Unlike you, who is only WORKING here on achieving better stats. For you, this game is all about excel sheet numbers. I would pity you, if I had compassion for people like you, which I don't. Any number increasing game is good for you, I don't even know why you bother playing Warband - there are many better number-increasing excel sheet games out there. Lineage, etc.

In short, if playing feels pointless to you when rewards are completely removed, you failed.

Please stop ranting on human having other ways of having fun than you. Especially in such a rude way.

There are two things strange about your post :

1) You seem to think working has to be burdensome and boring. Maybe you don't like your work in RL and you think it's the same for everyone ?
2) Having a goal and trying to acheive it doesn't mean it's less fun, it's kind of the opposite. What life would be if you could get everything you wanted without any effort ? That's why people do music, sports... and spend enormous amount of time practicing. Both practicing and acheiving your goals are fun.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:18:02 pm by Kafein »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 09:22:32 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Shh-h-h! Tai Feng thinks he is a Kong-fu Samurai Ninja when he is clicking hes mouse. No numbers involved - its hes natural Dragon Combat Skills that helps him achieve victory.

In short, leave the poor guy alone, and train some martial arts before you buy Mount&Blade.

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 03:15:09 am »
Agreed.
I love the upkeep, the changes to animations (I think the archery animation looks badass but I know many people hate it) and the behavior I'm seeing on the battlefield.  Seeing alot more teamwork, and flanking (other than 1 ninja in black pajamas).  More support role characters emerging (xbowmen with pikes and axes, hoplites are making a big return, etc).  Lovin' it so far.

I have seen no teamwork whatsoever since the patch... Yea.. It is alot less fun..

Also, when the best way to play a game is naked without a weapon, you know something is wrong.

Another thing. It's still a grind. If not MORE of a grind because you lose gold...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:02:25 am by DrTaco »
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 03:33:38 am »
No, it's an awesome patch for PLAYERS.

You know, people who enjoy PLAYING the game for what it is.

Unlike you, who is only WORKING here on achieving better stats. For you, this game is all about excel sheet numbers. I would pity you, if I had compassion for people like you, which I don't. Any number increasing game is good for you, I don't even know why you bother playing Warband - there are many better number-increasing excel sheet games out there. Lineage, etc.

In short, if playing feels pointless to you when rewards are completely removed, you failed.

Gonna have to agree with this here post. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

People who need a fucking reward for killing someone outside of having just killed some fucker should go play my little pony online or something. Might I even suggest a little progress quest so you can sit there and watch little numbers and loot and shit fly by http://progressquest.com/

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 03:58:34 am »
(click to show/hide)

Wtf? Are you my little pony`online developer? A clever trick to make more customers?

Fail.

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 04:28:26 am »
Oh shit, you're on to me *hops on his pink pony and rides into a rainbow sunset*

Offline Adelaide_de_Toronto

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swabian
  • Game nicks: Scarlett_Lass, Crimson_Bec, Repentance
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 04:34:23 am »
The opinion of this mod by people who have been playing it for awhile seems as divided as American politics.  This mod has benefited those highly skilled players who are permanently on top, those players who would like to try out other weapons and armour since the gold is ridiculously easy to come by, leeching is a dream, but it also significantly improves the life of newcomers who can now aspire to join the top peasant-killer ranks.  On the flip side, it is less fun to play for a good chunk of us, myself included, and no, we do not wish anyone to insult us for having a difference of opinion.  I used to love smashing through a crowded room with my bec and black armour, but those days are done.  Games change and people move on which will happen here.