Author Topic: the game doesn't feel the same  (Read 11891 times)

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
the game doesn't feel the same
« on: January 09, 2011, 09:30:07 pm »
+1
its more then the equipment decay, and the tactics.. the game just feels different, the animations are different, the scoring is kind of confusing(gold/exp per minute, but doesnt show where or how much you have gotten so far.

Really there is no reason to move, or wear equipment.

So far personally I'm not enjoying my character feels nothing like my old character did, the same things im noticing are the cookie cutter way to win, i still see people going 27-3. the only thing that seems ot have changed is the fun was taken out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: the game doesn't feel the same
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:59 pm »
I don't think the patch is good or bad, but it does seem like it's not as fun.  :(

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:35:11 pm »

There are just as many reasons to wear equipment as there were prepatch - to kill, and to win. There were before also leechers with 3 shields, except they had to run and follow the melee and now they don't. Big difference? Not really. In fact, there's a lot more reasons to try to win, and I'm more anxious about winning, because I can make more gold if I'm on the winning team, and gold actually has a use now. Before, once you got all the stuff you want, you didn't care about it at all.

And really, crpg hasn't been this fun in quite a while.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 09:37:03 pm »
i just played for the first time since the patch/hotfix, i went in with all my normal gear, and it just felt completely different. the fighting has changed and i don't really understand how/why.

its just weird its like the change from vanilla m&b to warband.

Offline Rokem

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:40:21 pm »
And we all know warband was the better game.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 09:40:29 pm »

Agreed.
I love the upkeep, the changes to animations (I think the archery animation looks badass but I know many people hate it) and the behavior I'm seeing on the battlefield.  Seeing alot more teamwork, and flanking (other than 1 ninja in black pajamas).  More support role characters emerging (xbowmen with pikes and axes, hoplites are making a big return, etc).  Lovin' it so far.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 09:44:22 pm »
its more then the equipment decay, and the tactics.. the game just feels different, the animations are different, the scoring is kind of confusing(gold/exp per minute, but doesnt show where or how much you have gotten so far.

So far personally I'm not enjoying my character feels nothing like my old character did, the same things im noticing are the cookie cutter way to win, i still see people going 27-3. the only thing that seems ot have changed is the fun was taken out.

You're right... :?
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 09:47:01 pm »
There are just as many reasons to wear equipment as there were prepatch - to kill, and to win. There were before also leechers with 3 shields, except they had to run and follow the melee and now they don't. Big difference? Not really. In fact, there's a lot more reasons to try to win, and I'm more anxious about winning, because I can make more gold if I'm on the winning team, and gold actually has a use now. Before, once you got all the stuff you want, you didn't care about it at all.

i disagree, before the fighting mattered, being melee mattered. you went into every fight and it really made a difference if you won you got gold/exp if you lost you got next to nothing. Now im naked and i stand around and do nothing, and i GET more then i ever got before if i won or loss. The difference is now i dont really enjoy moving, the fighting doesnt matter anymore, i dont spawn till after everyone runs away from spawn, i spawn naked, by the time i pick up a shield i have gained 100 gold and 5000 exp. zero effort required. getting kills no longer matters, winning no longer matters.

This is an awesome patch for those leechers.

its a terrible patch for those who were enjoying the melee before.

like i just spawned late while making this post, my team had won twice in a row, and i just got something like 450 gold, thousands of exp and i did nothing, i contributed nothing, i killed no one, and we LOST. and i had zero fun

in regards to xbows making more of an appearance. really dude? you didnt notice all the sniper xbows before?

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »
i disagree, before the fighting mattered, being melee mattered. you went into every fight and it really made a difference if you won you got gold/exp if you lost you got next to nothing. Now im naked and i stand around and do nothing, and i GET more then i ever got before if i won or loss. The difference is now i dont really enjoy moving, the fighting doesnt matter anymore, i dont spawn till after everyone runs away from spawn, i spawn naked, by the time i pick up a shield i have gained 100 gold and 5000 exp. zero effort required. getting kills no longer matters, winning no longer matters.

This is an awesome patch for those leechers.

No, it's an awesome patch for PLAYERS.

You know, people who enjoy PLAYING the game for what it is.

Unlike you, who is only WORKING here on achieving better stats. For you, this game is all about excel sheet numbers. I would pity you, if I had compassion for people like you, which I don't. Any number increasing game is good for you, I don't even know why you bother playing Warband - there are many better number-increasing excel sheet games out there. Lineage, etc.

In short, if playing feels pointless to you when rewards are completely removed, you failed.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 09:56:53 pm »
In short, if playing feels pointless to you when rewards are completely removed, you failed.

Have to QFT this.  Goddamn grinder cancer infecting gamers today.  It's sad.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 10:01:06 pm »

Unlike you, who is only WORKING here on achieving better stats.

Couldn't have expressed my thoughts on the matter better than this.

Offline Webb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Taylor Gang
  • Game nicks: Ink_My_Whole_Body
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 10:04:15 pm »
if you actually play the game then it's fun the problem is that most people that play video games now just spend all their time trying to make gold and money and get the best stuff to not even play the game, the whole point in making it easier to level up is so that you can focus more time on playing the game rather than grinding for 10 hours while basically not even participating.  And come on if you think sitting there staring at your computer screen just to get to a high level is fun then you need to get a life lol
You know what it is

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 10:13:49 pm »

Unlike you, who is only WORKING here on achieving better stats. For you, this game is all about excel sheet numbers. I would pity you, if I had compassion for people like you, which I don't. Any number increasing game is good for you, I don't even know why you bother playing Warband - there are many better number-increasing excel sheet games out there. Lineage, etc.

lol right, my level 30 generation 3 character was just ruining c-rpg. everytime i would go a wicked awesome 5-5 people would be like Chasab3 damn man your SO OP, you must have show balb everything he knows.

Listen you dont know me, thats fine. but your not understanding anything im saying. It went from me in my modest gear having fun trying to kill the OP people and just going in there and TRYING to win, and now im having a REALLY hard time seeing the PRO's of risking all my gear when the rewards i get now for losing are more then the rewards i used to get for winning.

Isnt that an issue? i mean seriously i make 2-300 gold every round win or lose.  i spawn hide in a corner and i get presents in the form of gold and exp.

now its just sort of boring. Please tell me how i should play, should i play like its native? because if so why are we not just playing native?

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 10:14:48 pm »

+1

That last piece is signature-worthy!

Also the above player should remember that such tactics are ban-able, and admitting it on the forum might result in swift and merciless justice  8-)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:16:34 pm by Babelfish »

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 10:18:21 pm »
A game without any room for improvement or change grows boring after awhile. It's like going to the same day job every day.

Once you get to a certain point the possibilty of, say, upgrading is nigh impossible. For instance, my main is a shitty jack-of-all-trades character. I bought him a new coursier, and I use it with Tunic over Mail, a shield & sword and a long hafted blade. I used it one game before it charges me $1000 just for the repair of the horse. In another instance I have a low-build (All Leather or below) character that uses a strongbow and scythe. I can't make any money with him, it's all spent on upkeep.

The only way for me to make money is to run around in a wedding dress and throw rocks at people. Fun stuff, fun stuff indeed.

There has to be a better way than this.
There just has to.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:20:02 pm by Whalen207 »
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.