Author Topic: the game doesn't feel the same  (Read 12376 times)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
Re: the game doesn't feel the same
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 10:34:43 pm »
If you enjoy just leeching, then I recommend you play this, seems like your kind of thing.

http://progressquest.com/play/

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 10:41:08 pm »
i dont enjoy leeching, i ENJOYED how it used to be where i worked my way up got some ok gear and fought. now you put in a shit ton of effort, and there isnt really any REAL reward for it long term.

It has become very vanilla and i guess the reason this happened is because the really high tier people either a.) got bored, or b.) didnt feel like grinding to stay with the people that had no lives.

Now we have a situation where those high tiered people are STILL high tier, and the people like myself that hit a managable space where we were no longer peasents but not elite are stuck in a permanent peasant mode.

its now less RPGish

i mean you build your character, but ultimately there is no real gain, from what i can see STR is going to be the main build, get a weapon that can crush through blocks lots of power strike and its GG

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:43:33 pm by Chasab »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 10:44:11 pm »
Chasab has a point.
Progress is stopped :P

And especially how your gold per minute goes down as your reserves grow
Good luck buying shiny things heh  :lol:
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 11:11:06 pm »
There are just as many reasons to wear equipment as there were prepatch - to kill, and to win.

You forgot ... looking good in it.

(click to show/hide)

And as you can see, animations do look good, only problem is archers and 2h look like goblins often by using odd angles, but they did that before, too, so... halfswording is pure win, though.

Only problem there is from feeling that it seems much more laggy than before ... I often poke people in the back that the lance didn't even touch, I get disconnected constantly, but meh, maybe that's my crappy internet I don't know.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:12 pm »
Well, actually the bow animation looks wrong.

I like to draw in my free time, and I can draw humans the best. So I have some kind of feeling for movement (I LOVE to capture movements with my pencil), and this movement looks just wrong.

An archer leans BACK while shooting, with this animation you lean FORWARD. (This is fine for horse archery, though)

But there are other animations, which also seem kind of "wrong" to me, so after some time I don't even see them any more. An example would be the left forward swing on horseback: the head is too much leaned to the left, everyone would try to keep his head as straight as possible. The other one is the right forward swing on horseback: it stops too late, looking like the AE was playing polo.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 03:07:25 am »
maybe its just the na server i am on, but things are not registering or something, swings that go through a person are a miss, and shit that looks out of range hit.

it makes combat impossible.

Offline Mutant

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 07:37:20 am »
why dont you asian grinders play for fun and victory eh? After a certain point gold still doesnt matter and levelling is fun and all but the real reason i play is the general fun i get from throwing an axe into someones nuts or clubbing a naked leecher to the ground or contributing 5 kills etc. to help my team win. Sure gold is fun and great but lets not get greedy and complain that upkeep is horrible. Sure upkeep is like taxes but it keeps the game rolling and removes the endless amounts of gold that is achievable. You can go run around naked with a shield just leeching gold but you could put some input and fun into it and contribute to your team and use tactics and kill shit.

Dont give me this "oh its so f'ing lame now all i have to do is nothing!" Well you could do nothing and melt your brain and time away or have some fun which is what your supposed to be doing in a video game!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:39:10 am by Mutant »

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 08:18:49 am »
If you enjoy just leeching, then I recommend you play this, seems like your kind of thing.

http://progressquest.com/play/

executing an undernourished octopus....

it's kind of fun just to read the bizarre stuff

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 09:16:50 am »

now its just sort of boring. Please tell me how i should play, should i play like its native? because if so why are we not just playing native?
WSAD - move around
mouse - camera
left click - attack
right - block

Try practising this on empty duel server first when you will be ok with attacking you will not  have to run in to a corner during battle ! You can go to a melee for the fun of being in a melee you can actually HIT SOMEBODY there to make your team win round ( i forgot to mention that winning team is a team that kills every single member of other team !!!) which will benefit in more gold for you !

I think the patch is super awesome. And mainly people that are whinning are noobs there are only few good players complaining about this changes.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 10:09:58 am »
The only way for me to make money is to run around in a wedding dress and throw rocks at people. Fun stuff, fun stuff indeed.

You need to go back to school and learn to do some math.                   

With 10 000 worth of equipment you make tons of gold
With 15 000 you gain gold
With 20 000 you gain a little gold
with 25 000 you 're pretty much even, if you loose every round

On average you can easily upkeep 30 000- 35 000 worth of equipment                                           
That mean you can play with a light plate and 1 very good weapon or heavy plate and 1 cheap weapon every round

If you really want to buy something expensive play with 10 000 k equipment for a few hours.
Running naked is just silly and unfun so stop doing it

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:11:39 am by Brutal »

Offline Kaliffen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 10:28:16 am »
Well I quit because I felt CRPG was becoming boring and frustrating to play.

After the patch I am feeling the fun again.

I like how the various "player classes" become more obvious, now that people are forced to do a resonable evaluation of their gear (ie. has to make tradeoffs).  It seems these classes are more organic than in other games. For me the fun is back.

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 12:07:32 pm »
Tbh I miss leechers and poor peasants running aways from me in an effort to stay alive just a little longer for that extra gold/xp... ah sweet times.

I don't think this patch is bad but, I kind of like it but I really don't care so much if we win or lose like I did before. If I don't like the map I spend 10-15 minutes doing other things until its done and I get xp/gold regardless. Obvously some things have been changed to better and some to worse, no need to take sides here like a bunch of sheeps. Beeeee?

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 12:41:49 pm »
Tbh I miss leechers and poor peasants running aways from me in an effort to stay alive just a little longer for that extra gold/xp... ah sweet times.

There is plenty of half naked people to run after, if that's what give you a hard on .

If I don't like the map I spend 10-15 minutes doing other things until its done and I get xp/gold regardless.

I'm curious, what other thing do you do ?

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 03:00:03 pm »
just an FYI, i made about 12k gold last night and leveled up three times in less then 2 hours.

If anything the OP people who built correctly for the new system are even more OP now. still have the plated chargers running around raping face. someone went 30+ kills 2 deaths in a map last night. Personally i went 6 rounds in a row 5x.

You are far too easily rewarded now, and the combat still feels broken(swings missing despite your blade going through the person) or hitting when clearly it was a miss(swings going no where close and hitting).

But apparently because i think its too easy to get gold and exp, that makes me an Asian gold farmer.

basically everyone thats nuthugging this patch had issues getting killing people before and now that everyone is running around in middle of the pack armor they think its better.

Offline Alopen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 03:10:17 pm »
I don't think this patch is bad but, I kind of like it but I really don't care so much if we win or lose like I did before. If I don't like the map I spend 10-15 minutes doing other things until its done and I get xp/gold regardless ...

Heck I did that back in July when I had 150 ping at best. Before I got into decent gear I quickly realized that I was cannon fodder at best and would log on and run into the cluster of dead bodies and make a half hearted attempt to stab someone with a butchering knife. After having my head taken off by a scythe  or some stupid merc  :mrgreen: I would go back to reading a book or watching TV. And I used to be in the top ten  :shock: The patch changed nothing in that regard  :wink: On a side note, once I got good armor (lamellar vest) I actually started to play but peasant stage was hopeless with high ping and sucky stats.

And if the game doesn't feel the same with your old character (I had the same problem) just start a new one. As everyone has noted grinding isn't really all that hard anymore. Took a lvl 6 character and hit 23 in a single day and still had time to go to the beach that day. The only thing that you can't do that you could do before was play every round in plate on an armored horse, but do you really miss that? I only did that on EU becuase of sucky ping. On the NA server I happily ran around in heraldric mail on a saranid horse.