Author Topic: the game doesn't feel the same  (Read 12375 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: the game doesn't feel the same
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 01:58:47 am »
Because you worked hard for some equipment it doesn't get fair automatically  :wink:

Don't mix up the balance between one player and the game (like in single player) with the balance between several players.

If I had a halberd with 240 reach, 50c/45p damage, 105 speed, would it be fair for you if I worked a year for it, every day? Or wouldn't you just not care how long I worked for it?  :wink:

Btw. most people do NOT miss spamberges, steel shields, armoured horses, etc., as for most people (except of the particular users) they were factors which KILLED the fun.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 02:02:33 am »
Its a complete Different game

R.i.P Knights
R.I.P Heavy Infantery
R.I.P Tier 4+5 Cavalery

Old Players get nerfed.

They played long time, Monthts to get there Heirloomed Items and there Xp. Know Massive Changing off Weapons Equip etc.

I love Black Armor Tanks, that was not my dream i was Medium-Heavy Agi fighter. But i feared them.
I miss the Spammberge, it was a Teamwork with Archers Pikeman to kill them.
I miss Steel Shielders. Most difficult fighting Style vs 1 Hand.
I miss Elefant Horse. Trampel and fighting deluxe
I miss the fucking 1 Shooting X-bow

and so much more

And pls stop with the crap story  that this is all here and old player can use it. Look at this poor Army know, i see a massive Peasant Army farming gold, sometimes Medium Fighters.  Sometimes in a winning team some knights. Stop to tell, that a Tincan is unfair.  They worked hard for there money and skill. It was a dream Factor to get a Plate, Heavy Armour, Good 10 K weapons or a cool looking horse. And know? Pffff.

Its a different game now. Thats fact.

I miss the old one.

And we have a extremly Grinding status know, retirement xp gen and item only at 31. I thought most important think is stop grinding?

Gorath you are a fanboy, but if you was frustrated that you have no skill to kill a tincan spamberge than stop flame old good Black armour wearer.
Since this patch, the archers make Peasants Massaker. A Tincan 2 Hander was a fighter that go in front in a fight. And hold the line.
I never will be wearing a black armolur, i am a medium agi fighter.  But i repect my old Tank enemys.

What was you for a class? So we can flame your style

+1  Odd as it is I miss the old Crpg  :cry:
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2011, 02:06:57 am »
Btw. most people do NOT miss spamberges, steel shields, armoured horses, etc., as for most people (except of the particular users) they were factors which KILLED the fun. 

Come on, I hate it to say, use ur brain.

its ok to nerf some items, that is necessary for the balance.

Btw. Most peopel miss Spamberges, Huscarls, Steels, Courser, Warhorses,Greatswords,Gauntlets,Heavy Armour, etc, as for most peopel (except of the particular users) they were factors which maked the fun.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:08:32 am by Moscher »

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2011, 02:12:05 am »
+1 ...the  game is not the same..

let's plate come back!
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2011, 02:12:42 am »
What was you for a class? So we can flame your style

Gorath_ATS:  1h/shield, Spear/shield, Polearm infantry, Thrower.  Mid armor by choice, multiple sets of heavy armor and weapons just collecting dust.

MoneyShot:  Foot Archer, Horse Archer, Polearmer, Cav Lancer

Daegoni:  2her, thrower.  Light armor, heavy armor, mid armor depending on mood.  Wardarts-Jarids depending on flavor.

Phael:  X-bowman (over 100 wpf pre-and post-patch, polearm (long nordic axe and pike) pre-patch, now 1h/shield.

I've played every class.  I continue to switch through every playstyle.  Everytime you flame any style, it's my style.  Every time someone says to buff a style, it's my style.  I voluntarily gave up heavy armor because *drumroll* it's an ez-mode crutch allowing you to ignore 80% of the enemy on the field and neglect your RMB, footwork and positioning.

Pick a style and flame away.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2011, 02:15:03 am »
Don't worry, I use my brain a lot, especially considering cRPG  :wink:

But I think it's pointless to argue about what the fun of cRPG is/was, as everyone has another opinion. Be it the teamwork, overpowered builds, the grinding, the character development, using actual fighting skills agains "spammer noobs", etc.

Time will show how many people REALLY like this new patch, but I think one thing can be said for sure: items like plated chargers, the incredibly ugly black armour, Flamberges, Looney Toons Axes, Boulders on Stick etc. were definitely NOT part of the fun for most people! This can be said for sure. If you think otherwise your perception is fooling you.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2011, 02:15:52 am »
Dear Gorath

Hrhr,

Thrower-X-bow-archer

Welcome Peasant Slaughterer.

Yeah i understand you, good patch for all range classes.

Thx for the true:-)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:19:52 am by Moscher »

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 02:17:31 am »
Time will show how many people REALLY like this new patch, but I think one thing can be said for sure: items like plated chargers, the incredibly ugly black armour, Flamberges, Looney Toons Axes, Boulders on Stick etc. were definitely NOT part of the fun for most people! This can be said for sure. If you think otherwise your perception is fooling you.

Please i sayed something about brain  :twisted:

Time will show how many people REALLY dont like this new patch, but I think one thing can be said for sure: items like plated chargers, the incredibly beauty black armour, Flamberges, Looney Toons Axes, Boulders on Stick etc. were definitely part of the fun for most people! This can be said for sure. If you think otherwise your perception is fooling you.

Its ok, we will see it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:18:50 am by Moscher »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 02:20:19 am »
Hrhr,

Thrower-X-bow-archer

Welcome Peasant Slaughterer.

Yeah i understand you, good patch for all range classes.

Thx for the true:-)

:rolleyes:
Yeah, all of my toons are melee/ranged hybrids in some fashion.  Except for Gorath who dropped throwing for riding skill to be able to play cav.  But it's cool, you can neglect the fact that I have a 1her, a 2her, and a polearm user if you want.  Fact is, I have every playstyle covered and available.  You can keep whining and being an idiot if you wish, or stfu and enjoy playing the game where skill matters more than grind hurr hurr look at my black armor and lolsword spam, hurr hurr.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:23:20 am by Gorath »

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 02:23:25 am »
I can tolerate the upkeep which has forced my heraldic armor character down to 45 armor (boo hoo) to slow down / stop the gold loss, but I think this patch in the end, has dumbed down EVERYTHING.

Before it was more, this was OP, something else was OP, but it made the game entertaining somehow. Now it feels like we are all wearing the same uniform and packing fudge. Boring.

It's definitely helped peasants and newer players get into CRPG. No doubt... but its crucified the entertainment factor.

Dont know how to fix, nor am I trying to degrade the mod its awesome... but I think you all agree with me when I say its like we've all been slapped with a walmart uniform and are now stacking shelves all day, versus previously we were dealing with random screaming customers pissing on the demo TV's - which was far more entertaining - which is what a game is about - entertainment.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 02:35:19 am »
Before it was more, this was OP, something else was OP, but it made the game entertaining somehow. Now it feels like we are all wearing the same uniform and packing fudge. Boring.

New armor please:

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2011, 02:37:26 am »
but I think you all agree with me when I say its like we've all been slapped with a walmart uniform and are now stacking shelves all day

No, I feel like now we're actually playing vs the previous grind to god-hood and then slaughter all the peasants in the game while mocking them as they glance off the armored horse-tank you're sitting on while wearing black armor with a lolsword and sniper xbow.

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2011, 02:43:25 am »
Gorath WE LOVE PLATE, and you hate it, we understood it:-)

you are a fanboy, and that is good so.

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2011, 02:45:45 am »
Gorath Stfu!

Black armor and tank horses are weak as a peasant stuff. You can stop a plated charger with a fork, a black armor guy is slow, you can run around him an easly kill him with a bad one handed sword if you got parry skill.

Plate is cool, it's a way to play, not an overpowered item. Plate is not the Devil!

Let's plate come back, it's a game, let's players who worked hard for buying this beautifull heraldic transitional ord churburg armor play with it!

Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 02:46:27 am »
Applaus