Poll

Was the turn rate nerf good or bad for the game?

Good
76 (29.9%)
Bad
178 (70.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Voting closed: December 18, 2012, 07:08:46 pm

Author Topic: Turn rate nerf good or bad for the game in general?  (Read 9999 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Turn rate nerf good or bad for the game in general?
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2012, 11:38:58 am »
+1
high tier 1hers all i see is 97+ speed regular not loomed. really slow i must say.
Bastard-longsword all got at least 100 speed if I recall correctly, maybe longsword only got 97 though, long since I was able to look.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2012, 11:47:48 am »
Bastard-longsword all got at least 100 speed if I recall correctly, maybe longsword only got 97 though, long since I was able to look.

katana, longsword and the 2 bastard swords are the only swords faster than 1h high tiers, some are even shorter (lol) and dmg is slightly higher.

you dont get any pierce or blunt 2h or polearm weapons near the speeds of 1h.

i will not argue with you any more on this topic since were derailing the thread, you have made your points i have made mine, if you wish to believe that 2h is generally faster than 1h i cant argue with that, same with the ammount of skill it takes to master both.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2012, 01:33:17 pm »
+2
Good idea. Poorly executed (engine limitations or sloppy coders?)

Def. one of the reasons I stopped playing.
Ofc voted bad.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2012, 01:58:52 pm »
+5
I ruined alot of gameplay for me, especially 1h. The stab on it was bad already, but I still got to do my favourite spin stabs of doom which made it incredibly fun for me. I would say revert it for shorter weapons, I can see the effect on the 2h lolstab and on pikes but it does dull everything else down imo.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 878
  • Infamy: 1017
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2012, 02:09:26 pm »
Good idea. Poorly executed (engine limitations or sloppy coders?)

Def. one of the reasons I stopped playing.
Ofc voted bad.

According to devs, it was just a live test.

To me turn rate isn't even a good idea on paper. It's a way to fix many holes in cRPG with one punch. It's bad from the start.

Things should be fixed separately: 2H stab issue in one way, pike dancing differently, s key bullshit and so on. Of course, if people want that fixed and mod a bit more realistic.

If not, they shouldn't change a damn thing and allow the metagame "who's best at exploiting game mechanics".

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2012, 02:30:52 pm »
+8
The problem with this poll is that it doesn't really differentiate between those who were unneccessarily affected by the change (namely short weapon overheads/stabs) and butthurt greatsword helicopters.
The former will dealt with by adjusting the change, the latter will be laughed at.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012, 02:36:49 pm »
+6
The problem with this poll is that it doesn't really differentiate between those who were unneccessarily affected by the change (namely short weapon overheads/stabs) and butthurt greatsword helicopters.
The former will dealt with by adjusting the change, the latter will be laughed at.

How do you view the 2d polearms? That's my biggest gripe with the turn-nerf. Before they filled a niche being decent at supporting and decent for duels. After the turn-nerf they became quite bad in 1v1 while still being only decent for supporting, make them bad choices compared to long spears and pikes for supporting and a bad choice compared to poleaxes and other 4d polearms for duels. They don't really fill a good role anymore, like they did pre-nerf.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »
That wouldn't be buffing ath stackers, it'd be buffing armor.

Not really. Currently the more athletics you have, the more you are penalized for wearing armor. So if this change was made, builds with lower athletics would be affected about the same and builds with higher athletics would be affected less.

Heavy armor is only a big deal when you're stacking IF. Builds with high athletics won't have much IF anyway.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012, 02:45:16 pm »

good :twisted:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012, 02:46:27 pm »
+1
When? I am not exactly sure, but I think the turn rate nerf happened, what, like three months ago? Can't blame me for thinking the tweaking phase is already over. If revision is pending, then the poll has no more use anyway, cause that is all I am hoping to achieve. I just hope you put it somewhere near the top of the priorities list.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012, 03:02:48 pm »
+1
When? I am not exactly sure, but I think the turn rate nerf happened, what, like three months ago? Can't blame me for thinking the tweaking phase is already over. If revision is pending, then the poll has no more use anyway, cause that is all I am hoping to achieve. I just hope you put it somewhere near the top of the priorities list.

It wasn't changed yet because we're waiting to break compatibility with the old client. It's unlikely to happen before that.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1919
  • Infamy: 204
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2012, 03:05:44 pm »
+2

As 2H I haven't felt turn rate nerf that much. First time I've noticed the problem was when I rolled 1H alt. Greatsword helicopters are still among us.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012, 03:25:11 pm »
+1
i dont care, its good i think. i have no problems with it

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012, 03:26:36 pm »
+1
Bad, imo. I know it reduced some of the copter sillyness, but overall it made the game more dull. It was just more fun with the spin stabs.

if they just reduced turn rate when chambering an attack, like I suggested long ago. maybe it wasn't possible. but basically if you emulate real physics, it would balance out for a fast pace game with no spin stabs. someone holding a long weapon horizontal cannot turn nearly as quick as if he held it vertical.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012, 03:46:51 pm »
+2
You said "in general" so I voted good. Because 2h lolstabs. Even though it's still bs, it's better than before.