Poll

Was the turn rate nerf good or bad for the game?

Good
76 (29.9%)
Bad
178 (70.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Voting closed: December 18, 2012, 07:08:46 pm

Author Topic: Turn rate nerf good or bad for the game in general?  (Read 10011 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Turn rate nerf good or bad for the game in general?
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 10:00:43 am »
A dynamic turnrate based on weapon length and weight would be the best solution in my view.

I fear that would give more advantage to 1h especially without shield, do we really need more left swing spammers?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 10:24:38 am »
+1
Am I the only person on the internet that doesn't give into Ad Hominem ?
You should be made Forum Moderator!

I haven't much to say bout that turn rate nerf, it sux a bit but i don't really care, i care moar about fucking crossbows requiring no skill and oneshooting everything, fucking cav bots taking no damage from bumps and fucking archers carrying 100 fucking arrows for a 3mn imbannerbalanced round!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 10:40:44 am »
I fear that would give more advantage to 1h especially without shield, do we really need more left swing spammers?
1h with a shield takes way more skill than greatsword or glaive or pretty much every other thing 'cept 1h without a shield, hoplite and longspear/pikeman.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 10:45:50 am »
1h with a shield takes way more skill than greatsword or glaive or pretty much every other thing 'cept 1h without a shield, hoplite and longspear/pikeman.

ill have to ask you to explain how does 1h/shield take more skill than 2h or polearms?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 10:53:29 am »
+2
ill have to ask you to explain how does 1h/shield take more skill than 2h or polearms?
Low reach, low (lower than several 2hs) speed, low damage, animations prone to glancing. Most people are good enough to block several people at once and to block pretty much every feint... also, the 1h left swing is overrated and against bad players you can duck beneath it, you can hiltslash with a 2h/pole with decent damage much faster than a 1h left swing can swing, and if you move into the swing it'll glance if you wear the least bit of armor.
Admittedly I am biased in my view of this as I play a 12/27 light armor 1h pretty purely.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 11:05:58 am »
+2
In Zlischworld everything makes sense.
inb4 you try to claim playing with a greatsword takes skill.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 11:07:35 am »
Low reach, low (lower than several 2hs) speed, low damage, animations prone to glancing. Most people are good enough to block several people at once and to block pretty much every feint... also, the 1h left swing is overrated and against bad players you can duck beneath it, you can hiltslash with a 2h/pole with decent damage much faster than a 1h left swing can swing, and if you move into the swing it'll glance if you wear the least bit of armor.
Admittedly I am biased in my view of this as I play a 12/27 light armor 1h pretty purely.

how can u say speed?! crazy

dmg, ofc it has lower damage then a 2 meter big ass sword or polearm, but if you want to dissect you can see that some stabs are innsane, bigger than greatswords so you arent correct here.

left swing hits directly your face, with 100ish speed im dead in less than a second that makes your agi shielder spam 3 swings.

and most of all you dont have to learn to block. right click is all u need, no direction.

mind you i also despise those high level agi stacking 2hers that abuse the shit out of animations but you really cant say board and sword takes more skill than 2h m8

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:27 am »
+1
how can u say speed?! crazy

dmg, ofc it has lower damage then a 2 meter big ass sword or polearm, but if you want to dissect you can see that some stabs are innsane, bigger than greatswords so you arent correct here.

left swing hits directly your face, with 100ish speed im dead in less than a second that makes your agi shielder spam 3 swings.

and most of all you dont have to learn to block. right click is all u need, no direction.

mind you i also despise those high level agi stacking 2hers that abuse the shit out of animations but you really cant say board and sword takes more skill than 2h m8
A lot of shorter 2hs are faster than all the 1hs I can recall that got over 90 reach. And while some 1hs (like an espada) got high stab damage then they're purely stabbing weapons, the short espada is barely viable for swinging and because the 1h stab animation is one of the worst in the game they still don't deal that high damage. I also personally barely ever leftswing due to the extraordinary short reach and the animations in general unstability, if your enemy walks left while you swing it's easy for him to make you glance, while it is quite fast then good 2h players can abuse their animations to hit faster, and the auto aiming for head is a double edged sword, I often just duck when fighting worse 1h players and the swing will miss.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 11:16:50 am »
A lot of shorter 2hs are faster than all the 1hs I can recall that got over 90 reach. And while some 1hs (like an espada) got high stab damage then they're purely stabbing weapons, the short espada is barely viable for swinging and because the 1h stab animation is one of the worst in the game they still don't deal that high damage. I also personally barely ever leftswing due to the extraordinary short reach and the animations in general unstability, if your enemy walks left while you swing it's easy for him to make you glance, while it is quite fast then good 2h players can abuse their animations to hit faster, and the auto aiming for head is a double edged sword, I often just duck when fighting worse 1h players and the swing will miss.

Maybe you can duck left swings with 9 speed but not everybody (yet) is agi whoring.

Your claims about 1h and 2h speeds i still find crazy.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 11:18:45 am »
+2
I hate the turn speed nerf more then I hate all ranged combined.

Most of you know that is a lot of hate!

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 11:22:31 am »
+2
Maybe you can duck left swings with 9 speed but not everybody (yet) is agi whoring.

Your clames about 1h and 2h speeds i still find crazy.
Check the website stats. the 1h left swing is fast, right swing is slow, stab is shit, overhead is hard to land but is also quite fast. You can get your 2h bastard sword to hit faster than you could with a 1h left swing, due to the 2h swings extremely userfriendly animations.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 11:29:23 am »
Check the website stats. the 1h left swing is fast, right swing is slow, stab is shit, overhead is hard to land but is also quite fast. You can get your 2h bastard sword to hit faster than you could with a 1h left swing, due to the 2h swings extremely userfriendly animations.

so Bastard sword is a holy weapon? the fact you need 15/over9000 build to hop in and out of battles due to shit range doesnt matter at all?

as i said not everybody plays super fast builds. id take sow over bastard any day.

plus youre clinging to one weapon on particular yet you somehow forgot that greatswords were recently nerfed.

There is nothing really you can say to convince me that 2h wepons are faster than 1h. thats just...

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2012, 11:33:21 am »
+4
I hate the turn speed nerf more then I hate all ranged combined.

Most of you know that is a lot of hate!

I actually miss seeing you with the Swiss Halberd. That was your jam, and the turn nerf fucked up all 2D polearms :/

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:29 am »
+1
so Bastard sword is a holy weapon? the fact you need 15/over9000 build to hop in and out of battles due to shit range doesnt matter at all?
This very argument could be applied to all 1hs.
as i said not everybody plays super fast builds. id take sow over bastard any day.

plus youre clinging to one weapon on particular yet you somehow forgot that greatswords were recently nerfed.
Not just one weapon, all swords up to longsword are faster than some high tier 1h swords, ofc you can decide to trade in the speed for even more damage and length, same way you can trade the damage and length from the real viable 1hs into something really short but also faster/just as fast as the bastard sword.
There is nothing really you can say to convince me that 2h wepons are faster than 1h. thats just...

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2012, 11:38:13 am »

high tier 1hers all i see is 97+ speed regular not loomed. really slow i must say.