Author Topic: Turning speed nerf effects 1h more than 2h/pole.  (Read 12711 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Turning speed nerf effects 1h more than 2h/pole.
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2012, 11:08:57 pm »
Well, I can't use overhead so I only have 1 truly viable swing against a competent opponent... Right swing is usable as a stab but is not reliable enough as a frontal assault attack. I can still do overheads sometimes, but it's not as reliable as before.

EDIT: What I mean is that you have to be really close for overheads, so slight movements on your opponent's part means a miss if you already released it.

About parrying, it'll have to be really good since it'll make fighting multiple opponents much harder since you can't parry more than 1 person if non-parried blocks are nerfed in any way. If I can't fight multiple opponents at all with shield, I might as well go 0 shield and get an extra point in PS or something since manually blocking is fine 1v1.
nonon, adding that if you were to raise it jsut before the strike then you'd be stunned less to retalliate faster. not a nerf to regular shielding.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2012, 11:14:01 pm »
+2
Well, I would increase damage taken/stun when blocking and decrease damage taken/stun when parrying. To encourage shielders to learn parrying and to discourage turtle fights.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2012, 11:20:04 pm »
It's an improvement because it discourages an extremely boring style of fighting and rewards skill. Might not be super-realistic, but at least it wouldn't be silly-looking like spin stabs.

Yeah, but theyre already penalized with slower foot speed while holding the shield up.

Also, you have to remember NOT EVERYONE thinks fighting a good shielder, or bieng one, is boring.  I would be leery of changing this based on your own class preferences. Like I said before, shielders dont get much already in terms of glory, and I dont think a mechanic such as that would do anything but make a shield last LONGER, (Which everyone except shielders would then b**** about)

Unless. your inferring MORE damage for a shield that isnt flung quickly into position, which would be, well, lame to anyone thats a shielder- that takes the front and blows for the team, takes the blocks for their spamming 2handed and pole friends, kills horses, takes the kills on ladders for the team, protects archers and non-shielders, and gets blown away on the KD round after round.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:26:39 pm by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2012, 11:23:52 pm »
Also, you have to remember NOT EVERYONE thinks fighting a good shielder, or bieng one, is boring.  I would be leery of changing this based on your own class preferences.

Well, that's what I did for spin stab and many other changes. Would be unfair not to do it here...

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2012, 11:24:06 pm »
Well, I would increase damage taken/stun when blocking and decrease damage taken/stun when parrying. To encourage shielders to learn parrying and to discourage turtle fights.

you ever played 1h+shield in your  m&b life cmp? i not remember you being 1h,         you like the pope wanna teach sex   to ppl who know more than you about.

1h have less dmg than others
1h have less range
1h have less mobility
1h have less wpf
1h only advantage is the shield , who can make you stay alive longer, if you make shield work exactly like a normal 2h parry, there is no more advantage, considering also that shield gonna broken, while mister 2h or pole keep  parryng 4 EVER even with a wood stick my  STEEL  sword.
Shield also have dead moments between raise up an  down while 2h-pole can parry istantly left and right with no delay.

considering the mess you already did with the turning speed, why you keep adding  "gameplay feature" over and over when the ones you already put in are still broken?

today i one shooted GTX while my still pick was still   in "loading"  overhead animation,     i  released he died, but  i not see my animation and he  did not see that also.      (and we not where hugging each other)

i just wanna ask you one thing, when you do this  balancement at list get competent  ppl, for balance, chose top player of various class and make tests , becouse you clearly have no clue, dont take it wrong but if you not see how  turning  is eating animations and is already all messed up, means that you dont understand what you are doing wrong.     

many 2h top player agree.        and many 1h,  and pole also,  when you have 3 completely different class of player agreeing on one things. tbh you should listen for once.   

i think that this ideas are ok, but the  implementation is poorly tested and very bugged  becouse you keep doing it probably  between you and another ppl from dev team,  instead make it tested by top players,       i am not sayng to do what they tell you but to at list listen, becouse cmp there is many player in this mod who can rape you 1 vs 1. so clearly they know more about  fight dinamics.

and trust me nobody will talk that clear with you becouse they fear to speak openly to a dev.  you have a good community use it as your strenght, for improve the mod, but you keep it outside even from the testing.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:31:24 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2012, 11:28:44 pm »
Well, that's what I did for spin stab and many other changes. Would be unfair not to do it here...

Now your just trolling me, lol

What do you think you did with the spin stab?, It effects 1 handers quite abit as it is, unless its changed for shorter weapons as discussed. I'm a somewhat skilled one hander (regardless of my KD lol), I used it all the time, now  you want me to unrealistically drop my shield between every block now too, because you dont like the survivability of shielders, which, btw, is the only thing they have compared to all the other fighting classes?

Meh.  I dunno man, Shielders should have more survivability,  so unless your talking about RAISING dmg on those that dont fling thier shield up at the last minute, then we will just learn to drop our shield more often, and we will last LONGER.  And if your talking about RAISING the dmg against someone who holds the shield up, it would be rewarding shielders that are doing it wrong. Your supposed to hold the damned thing up -thats what its there for!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:46:20 pm by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2012, 11:33:55 pm »
+1
you ever played 1h+shield in your  m&b life cmp? i not remember you being 1h
i just wanna ask you one thing, when you do this  balancement at list get competent  ppl, for balance, chose top player of various class and make tests

That isn't a bad idea, actually.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fat?
  • Game nicks: Fat
  • IRC nick: Ryden
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2012, 11:38:05 pm »
I can't do the helicopter dick now to impress girls, how will I ever get that one chicks poon? I demand that you put lolspin thrusts back in, OR I WILL GET A FULL ATTACK SQUADRON OF B-52'S AND I WILL STRATEGICALLY BOMB ALL OF EUROPE, With low yield nuclear warheads.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2012, 11:44:12 pm »
That isn't a bad idea, actually.

(click to show/hide)

if you take only ppl who agree on what you think you will have many problems in your life,           also release the name, what there is to bee afraid?  or for become a tester we need  agree on everything you do  or be your friend?

what make a game , a society, grow is not ass lickers,       but confrontation.       get 10  top 1h,   and make them agree, i am sure you will not win,  is easy to take 1,  your friend and make him agree.     the fact you post his k/d ratio but not his name proof that.

there is ppl with much bigger k/d ratio like tommyyy, but on foot i kill him much more often than he kill me, but he do 40-1 much more often than me in game. maybe becouse is a horseman+spear?   

ps: i now you will never take me  but get 10  NOT YOUR FRIEND from your clan or dev, for example :

Muffin (when he play 1h)
Olwen
Lizardman
Lor
Cyber   
kansuke   and others, i am sure  you will not have all yes , cool, nice idea.        but i am also sure you will never do that, becouse if you do something like this  probably none of this fantastic ideas  will be released.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2012, 11:45:56 pm »
+1
if you take only ppl who agree on what you think you will have many problems in your life,           also release the name, what there is to bee afraid?  or for become a tester we need  agree on everything you do  or be your friend?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2012, 11:54:03 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

you still not releasing that name. 

wow you get 1 guy for testing probably a dev or your friend,  and you are surprised i not  do a standing ovation??      there is players  in this mod  that are stronger than any dev  at playng this game  (no i am not talking about me so you cant use jocke in this sense)
maybe you should listen to them at list sometimes.

becouse for example gtx,  bjord, stig, and many others  own you 1 vs 1,    maybe instead jocking about this ppl, you should listen for once.     you are human you make mistake also, not becouse you a dev you are right  in everything cmp. i know that if you take a 1h char and i play vs you you gonna lose 100:0, now who know more about 1h? you ? or me playng this char since 2 years and half 5-10h day ?

is not about arrogance,    you are much more arrogant than  10 vicious, becouse you chose to not listen ANY PLAYER even the ones wich have more ability and experience than you  in fighting this mod.  ( all i am asking is to give    much more importance to this ppl, to involve more the community     in choice that  can make better or worst the mod they likes , anyway the final choice is your so why  you are soo afraid to make a solid confrontation with your own players? )

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2012, 11:57:09 pm »
You're a bright guy, Vicious; I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2012, 12:02:00 am »
You're a bright guy, Vicious; I'm sure you'll figure it out.

yeah is pointless talk with you , you always skilled at avoiding questions and confrontations,  anyway whenever the community not agree, you can always hide behind, we do the stuff as we like, not as player like,  that is a good     way to say  we never make mistakes.

ps: thx for invisibile insta overhead , i guess i will need to enjoy it, instead pointing out that you messed up the animation right? as you prefer

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2012, 12:04:46 am »
Oh god. He really doesn't get it, does he xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline sjarken

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Sjarken
  • IRC nick: Sjarken
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2012, 12:04:58 am »
+2
You're right, rustyspoon.

But I must admit that I'm sick of turning and spinning in this game. Hopefully next Mount and Blade will have realistic combat, not this dancing bullshit everyone is abusing atm.

The dancing is what makes it fun. outdance your foe's!!!!!