Author Topic: Turning speed nerf effects 1h more than 2h/pole.  (Read 12686 times)

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Turning speed nerf effects 1h more than 2h/pole.
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:43 am »
by the way, this is a protip from me to yall.

You can STILL aim at the regular speed that you have grown accustomed to before. Its only when you hold LMB that you spinning or mouse movement speed is affected.

This nerf affects everyone, period. We cant effectively see the effect it has until we have used it for some time. Let it stay for a bit, and then come to a conclusion after a little while.

I got sick of slapping people with my polearm, now i guess i gotta step it up to show you im 2good4u.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2012, 11:49:22 am »
If I'm gonna add a mechanic that differentiates between quick parries and blocks might as well do something like that for shields.
Turtle fights bore me to death.
Having another way of parrying that has a little less advantages than chambering but is also less situational and difficult would be really cool. A third way to parry would add a lot of depth to the combat and raise the skill ceiling by a much needed amount.

If you are not going to speed up the game anytime soon than I really hope you will continue to seriously consider this. Very difficult to implement without breaking everything, but if you pull it off properly, I would be grateful.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2012, 08:34:45 pm »
+2
Doesn't even matter with the 2h stab anymore, since the lolstab got nerfed up the butt. I find my self constantly glancing with 2h stab now. Even with normal stabs, not just lolstab.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2012, 09:52:25 pm »
Doesn't even matter with the 2h stab anymore, since the lolstab got nerfed up the butt. I find my self constantly glancing with 2h stab now. Even with normal stabs, not just lolstab.
yup
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wojtek_the_Kurwa_Great

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wojtek
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2012, 09:55:32 pm »
I'm not sure how hard it is to implement from a developers side...

Formulate a line that takes into consideration the length of the weapon and weight, factor in your normal stuff like wpf athletics etc, and you have your turn speed while you swing. 

The longer the weapon and weight, the slower the turn speed.   Relate to a point of inflection in calculus.  Take a meter stick and try to pivot 360 degrees holding it out,  now snap it in half and see how much faster you rotate.   If you want further examples look at figure skating when they're rotating on a point, they open their arms and go slow, bring them in and go ballistic.

I think for pikes and similar lengths/weights, the current turn speed is fine; it doesn't make sense when you have a shorter weapon like a 1h being governed by the same rules.   

I believe that:
- 1h's should be unchanged/reverted to previous version (although I have very little 1h experience, it just makes sense)
- Everything else past a certain length would need to be looked at.

my 2cents.

p.s. miley you're an idiot, bundle of sticks.

edit:  I know I'm not known on the EU community at all, and this is a widely and prevalent EU dominated discussion, but I think most would agree from the NA community that I would have a solid idea of mechanics.  Also I hate to see the game get noobified, like the rest of the games these days. 

Offline BranStark

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BranStark_Astralis
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2012, 04:50:47 am »
Wow this mod is turning to shit real fast.

First, the removal of pole stun. Then the ridiculous nerf to spin turn, and now talking about nerfing shields into the ground?

Pretty fucking clear what the devs of this mod want, a pure 2h population.

Why not just fucking remove all other weapons?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:22 am »

First, the removal of pole stagger. Then the ridiculous nerf to spin turn, and now talking about nerfing shields into the ground?

what Is the I don't fruhyrduydrgse

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DEDUCE THESE THINGS?
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2012, 08:44:09 am »

First, the removal of pole stagger. Then the ridiculous nerf to spin turn, and now talking about nerfing shields into the ground?

Wrong, they are clearly biased towards mounted crossbowmen.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2012, 08:24:23 pm »

no, many 2h perform nicely a lolstab, the stab clearly goes next to me and is brought back in. ask vex, he does them very well. so yea like op nicely showed, this nerf affects more 1h then 2h

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:42 pm »
+2
with my 73 length 1h wep I really cant overhead anymore. At that range people are often 90 degrees away from where they were when I started, while after the change I cant seem to adjust swing more than 20-30 degrees. I miss overhead more than I land it now.

Left swing is now my only viable attack.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »
with my 73 length 1h wep I really cant overhead anymore. At that range people are often 90 degrees away from where they were when I started, while after the change I cant seem to adjust swing more than 20-30 degrees. I miss overhead more than I land it now.

Left swing is now my only viable attack.

how you dare?  cmp is a well known  turbo 1hander he now what he is doing.  oh right i forgot you are another of my armada  so he will simply ignore you

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2012, 09:49:20 pm »
The lack of turning speed nerfed short weapons in general for all melee classes the most due to sharp angles required up close. We already know it's going to get fixed so we must wait.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »
Well to be fair I think he already said he is looking to adjust it. I am just trying to provide some constructive feedback on how bad it is.

I know a thing or two about shielding since I have been playing it for 15 gens, with this short weapon. I am not a "turtler" either I have 4 shield skill and a 1 slot shield that gets destroyed in 5-10 hits. I play pretty aggressively and am usually around the top 5-10 on score charts. San who has posted a few times is even better and uses an even shorter weapon very effectively.

If cmp wants to fix "turtlers", his derogatory word for defensive shielders who don't attack much but carry a big 2 slot shield and have highish skill, I suggest instead of altering all kinds of mechanics he just directly cap shield skill at 5 and and reduce the HP/armor of some of the heaviest 2 slot shields, bring them down to 1 slot stats.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2012, 10:14:05 pm »
Mod is ded, everything sucks except polespam and archers/xbow.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2012, 11:52:55 pm »
Well to be fair I think he already said he is looking to adjust it. I am just trying to provide some constructive feedback on how bad it is.

I know a thing or two about shielding since I have been playing it for 15 gens, with this short weapon. I am not a "turtler" either I have 4 shield skill and a 1 slot shield that gets destroyed in 5-10 hits. I play pretty aggressively and am usually around the top 5-10 on score charts. San who has posted a few times is even better and uses an even shorter weapon very effectively.

If cmp wants to fix "turtlers", his derogatory word for defensive shielders who don't attack much but carry a big 2 slot shield and have highish skill, I suggest instead of altering all kinds of mechanics he just directly cap shield skill at 5 and and reduce the HP/armor of some of the heaviest 2 slot shields, bring them down to 1 slot stats.

I kinda agree with this^

I guess I'm not a turtler either by the defenition of some here,, in the aspect that I'm only 4 shield, and I get myself killed by trying to take the front and taking multiple blocks for my comrades, and choosing openings to attack and go agressive rather than staying turtled up, though i DO use a plate covered round shield, so i can turtle or change the pace against swords and the like.

But what turbo is saying sounds like what I was thinking when this came up. Changing the mechanix to something unintuitive (a soldier doesnt wait till the last minute to give himself the best protection), and unrealistic (see unituative lol), and buffing a shield 'dropper', wouldnt achieve 'breaking up turtling' at all.

But lowering the extreme you can go in shielding through a shield level cap, and a look at the upper end stats of some of the 2-sloters, and testing them w/ the new cap, would be a much better solution that would seemingly result in what your looking for CMP.

You might piss off a few extreme shielders, but, your saying they are somewhere they shouldnt be anyway, so just do it that way, rather than beating around the bush, and trying to pull off a desired affect through a weird unintuative nerf of the general mechanics, that also have an unitended effect on those who you werent trying to modify...

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:04:38 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »