Author Topic: Turning speed nerf effects 1h more than 2h/pole.  (Read 12691 times)

Offline Stjitalurv

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Turning speed nerf effects 1h more than 2h/pole.
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2012, 05:18:53 am »
If they miss then that's surely not because they did everything right.

Unless you mean hits going right THROUGH people, in which case it has nothing to do with the turn-speed nerf.

They did everything right, but the game physics is not behaving as it should.

Before turn-speed-nerf, when you aimed at your target and followed the target while the strike was carried out, you would hit where you aimed when the strike connected. If you hit your target now, its more a matter of luck, range of weapon and footspeed than skill. You can easily move away from a strike now if you got the athletics.

This nerf affected short weapon weilders and strength builds the most i guess, because you cant step out of the hit radius as quick and outcircle the range of longer weps.

I think we will see alot of 2 handers and pole users with agi builds running around soon.

Ill counter that with archer or xbow... Is this what we want really? That archers, 2handers and cav-users will invade crpg even more?

I think it was quite equal for everyone until this nerf. Please just restore it.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2012, 06:33:40 am »
+1
For some reason, I have been more successful recently despite using a short weapon + strength build 1h. Maybe lots of people still can't get used to the change yet. I figure it makes 1 vs group fighting easier since opponents can't side swing with their long weapons and they can't follow me so easily with overheads with teammates in the way if they aren't skilled. I find stopping horses with a spear+shield harder at the moment.

I wouldn't say this is a really good thing since it means I'm just beating a bunch of cripples now. I think short 1h could still benefit in a few ways in this new system, although offensively, overhead is less reliable in many areas.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2012, 10:19:18 am »
For some reason, I have been more successful recently despite using a short weapon + strength build 1h. Maybe lots of people still can't get used to the change yet. I figure it makes 1 vs group fighting easier since opponents can't side swing with their long weapons and they can't follow me so easily with overheads with teammates in the way if they aren't skilled. I find stopping horses with a spear+shield harder at the moment.

I wouldn't say this is a really good thing since it means I'm just beating a bunch of cripples now. I think short 1h could still benefit in a few ways in this new system, although offensively, overhead is less reliable in many areas.
you doing better is the nerf to teamwork since overswings and thrusts are the best for teamwork. you're better at fighting multiple people!
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2012, 10:23:55 am »
I personally find the adjusted sweetspots on stabs to be a major buff to teamwork, since stabbing people is a lot more reliable now, less glancing and random crap. Honestly, the turn speed ain't that slow that you can't stab a guy going between teammates :/

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:34 am »
I think that turning speed nerf completely fucked melee combat system of the game.
Thank god i have "X to win" lancer STF char and i enjoy playing rageball with my main.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2012, 05:59:09 pm »
I personally find the adjusted sweetspots on stabs to be a major buff to teamwork, since stabbing people is a lot more reliable now, less glancing and random crap. Honestly, the turn speed ain't that slow that you can't stab a guy going between teammates :/
But Overheads. Overheads. Sure, Pikes and such stabbing are fine since they are slow.
And you might have adjusted, but the vast majority of players still haven't, and 1 v X is now more survivable as a result.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.