Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19433 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2012, 06:12:50 am »
Vicious, I agree with most of the points you made, but don't forget that this is a free mod of a game, so the "online game" approach is irrelevant, they do it in their freetime, making it non-profit.

So they don't have to listen to the demands of the "masses", and accept them all the time anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2012, 06:20:00 am »
+2
Vicious, I agree with most of the points you made, but don't forget that this is a free mod of a game, so the "online game" approach is irrelevant, they do it in their freetime, making it non-profit.

So they don't have to listen to the demands of the "masses", and accept them all the time anyway.

you think i was payed for administrate and scrip an ultima online server? nope. was passion.  and no i too not was forced to liten the mass, but if you not listen your own community

Why you do this lets say  hobby?   , the biggest payback is your community growing supporting and  having fun with your "creature" , or i am the only one who think like this?

personally i think thad chadz have talent for transform c-rpg into a real mmo,   or a stand alone project, not only a mod,   but what he lack is that comunication with the community, a mix of his own taste and  "common taste" a middle choice
He can transform this mod into something real,    even something that will bring him real money, making this his  main job., he have good ideas, good concept,  i like  slow hard games.

can you imagine c-rpg in a map  big    500x times  current map? where clans have  theyr castle , form alliance fight for, in a persistent world? with free pvp   based mainly on your skill like is this mod?        with something like that chadz will make millions. all he need is his own graphics engine or a licenze from m&b, i am sure he is good enought for build up che comunication code  of the main  server.

I think and is a personal hope, that deeply chadz intend to do something like this and c-rpg is a sort of test-ground for his abilities

I am here since the mod was 1 month young with what 20 player on the server, i like it i support it, but that not make me a stupid fanboy, all know me as rude and direct, but sometimes having someone like me , who spit  up problems (or cause problems) make the game grow.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:37:31 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2012, 06:28:28 am »
dude...
Relying on the 'masses' makes for a fucking mediocre game.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34:27 am »
listen masses not means   listen theyr QQ,  nerf this balance this,  but listen what they like and not like of the various stage of the delopment,  maybe something changed was good, and deserve to come back and something dont.

they main task of a dev is discerning into that sea of shit that is usually a community, only 1 on 100 thread is useful for the mod, but that 1 can make the mod grow, or even make the dev reconsider a step, a feature etc

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2012, 06:39:56 am »
listen masses not means   listen theyr QQ,  nerf this balance this,  but listen what they like and not like of the various stage of the delopment,  maybe something changed was good, and deserve to come back and something dont.

they main task of a dev is discerning into that sea of shit that is usually a community, only 1 on 100 thread is useful for the mod, but that 1 can make the mod grow, or even make the dev reconsider a step, a feature etc

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,32073.0.html

I don't know what will happen thanks to this poll, but I'd say it's a really good step from chadz & co.

Well, if it matters off course.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2012, 06:40:33 am »
you think i was payed for administrate and scrip an ultima online server? nope. was passion.  and no i too not was forced to liten the mass, but if you not listen your own community

Why you do this lets say  hobby?   , the biggest payback is your community growing supporting and  having fun with your "creature" , or i am the only one who think like this?

Love that you still type Engrish. 

MO is that Vicious is right, and Tot. is right. But also it currently works WELL FOR EVERYONE that there is a "ceiling" to what can be done, because the time of 1player dominating a server is over, and sure its great fun to be that guy, most of us who have been here for over 2 years have had that time, but it can be very disheartening for the people who cannot do that, and Vicious, sometimes what is best for EVERYONE is better for the game than what is better for "the top 5%"...

And yes, again you are right Vicious, for chadz to take game any further realistically he would need purpose designed engine, since a massive game that needs fast responses is not possible in m&b, as Im sure anyone who has tried PW mod will agree, it...kinda works...but lags....
I don't know enough

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2012, 06:43:27 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,32073.0.html

I don't know what will happen thanks to this poll, but I'd say it's a really good step from chadz & co.

Well, if it matters off course.

see? is an improvement

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2012, 06:46:54 am »

Love that you still type Engrish. 

MO is that Vicious is right, and Tot. is right. But also it currently works WELL FOR EVERYONE that there is a "ceiling" to what can be done, because the time of 1player dominating a server is over, and sure its great fun to be that guy, most of us who have been here for over 2 years have had that time, but it can be very disheartening for the people who cannot do that, and Vicious, sometimes what is best for EVERYONE is better for the game than what is better for "the top 5%"...

And yes, again you are right Vicious, for chadz to take game any further realistically he would need purpose designed engine, since a massive game that needs fast responses is not possible in m&b, as Im sure anyone who has tried PW mod will agree, it...kinda works...but lags....

it lags not cause graphics but becouse  the map is over loaded, is an fps  overall, an mmo  will have multple server dedicated to multiple zone connected to each other.

technically the pvp system and the engine can handle this very good,    what lack is the  comunication engine behind,  the servers nodes that will need to administrate the "sections" of the map

returning to c-rpg that poll say that ppl

1) want another xp gold system
2) want more deep pvp mechanics.  such as stamina  revamp of the system etc

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2012, 06:47:54 am »

see? is an improvement

Clearly it is.

Ah, by the way lol:

When will you learn?
I was the greatest then, I am the greatest now, I am the greatest. I always will be.
 I will STILL be the greatest I am the greatest
Although i am the greatest.

Somebody played too much Tribes?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2012, 07:25:42 am »
+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2012, 07:39:14 am »

You cater to the masses if you want to try to make a profit. That's why there is a glut of unfun games that are real pretty to look at. And people actually like them, it's true.

You make a real cool game because you want to.

No dev should seriously waste their time sorting through endless threads searching for a nugget of usefulness. That's what lickspittles are for.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:07 am »
+1
For the "1on1 is too slow" lobotomised: why not open a duel server and set it to the fastest speed? The duel gays can hang out there then. For battle and siege we prefer the slower speed so a wider array of ping is playable even with lots of players around.

Edit: typo, it's *guys

To add depth to combat I could think of something like hotkey triggered dodge/charge speed bursts like the goalie dive in rageball(without falldown animation). No idea what actual impact on combat that would have though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:52:48 am by Paul »

Offline Castor

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TS_Boyar_Castor
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2012, 09:20:37 am »
I personally prefer the new c-RPG. It has stability and is more competitive for both new and old player alike.

That being said,

Old c-RPG while grindy and harsh on new players had that priceless and genuine FUN feeling about it. LOL weapons, who doesn't miss seeing a ridiculous looney toons axe swinging in the distance or a boulder on a stick smashing some poor peasants head to bits. Also the 250 WPF stacked toons running around spamming katana as fast as possible, not to mention the beautiful male brides fighting in style.

New c-RPG is more stable and balanced...but the cost was we lost that FUN and care-free feel to it. It feels rather too uptight and less of a community now imho.

P.S. perhaps its just nostalgia talking.....

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2012, 10:26:18 am »
Castor I don't know if you are aware of this. But people, at least in the NA community, will never forget your name.
Despite the fact that many didn't know you at all.

You discovering the hiltslash with a 2her many months ago solidified your place in all of our minds.

You will often hear people in many teamspeaks or vents.

"Wow he just castored me what a my old friend"

"OF course castor swung. what a bunch of shit"

Just thought you'd like to know.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile