Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19473 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »
+2
There is no such thing as killwhoring. Killing someone from behind is actually useful, ecpecially if that enemy player is a shielder or even worse, hoplite. Doing that you save precious time for your team so they can again look behind them for backstabing cavalry or ranged.

Killwhoring is not killing someone from behind, it's finding a guy that's likely going to die (i.e. being attacked by many teammates) and trying to steal the kill. Bonus points for teamkills while doing it.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2012, 08:01:05 pm »
I prefer a crpg that has no whiners who do such as "nerf ranged! nerf cav! nerf everything!", if I do have that option.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2012, 08:19:20 pm »
wonder why leshma isn't muted yet, wrote so much bs in so few pages

you don't know old crpg for the simple reason ... that you didn't play it, olol

you don't know mercs or shogunate ... because you're a newcomer just as the others, kinda random guy

though you just prove what i said ^^ we lost many good people who left the mod, became less active or just split because of the mechanics that has a trend to split people instead of making them work together

and instead we've got retards who speak without making any sense or knowing about what they speak about

if there was one reason why mercs used to have some special attention from chadz it's because most of our players were intelligent ... they knew the game and how to play it, they were involved, trustable and cool people

then i could give you a history class ... mercs were one of the first created clans, most of its members played the mod since it started, probably when you were still playing wow, mercs won a lot of tournaments, mercs were one of the biggest factions in strategus 1 with more than 1 fief per member so more than 30 fiefs

but mercs have changed, just as the whole crpg community itself did, and imo it hasn't become better

i let weeboos speaking for themselves if they want to

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2012, 08:21:49 pm »
Game mechanics aside, I do actually miss the old, more equipment based progression. The feeling of achievement after buying some actual armor after waiting weeks for it, and that people actually picked their gear more carefully since they were to be bound to it for a long time. Nowadays it's just random kuyak-wearing horde, to be honest, 90% of the time I can't even tell who am I fighting since they all look the same.

Maybe it's because I'm sort of loot-whore, but I don't really have any incentive to play cRPG instead of Vikingr at the moment considering the fighting mechanics is far worse and simplistic in here (hence it's more fun there) and there's no "material" goal to play for. Heirloom? One more damage on the weapon? Get out, no, really.

Things I miss:

-The peasant game. Get a shield. Survey the battlefield. Cross your fingers and run into an alcove or duck behind a wall near the action. Huddle with other goofy-hat-wearing yokels and pray no enemy knights see you. In my head I always imagined the AOE gold bonus involved the peasants all leaping out of hiding to scavenge pennies from the purses of the dead. Oh, that frantic feeling when you and ten other farmers were hiding in a hay bale, and some behemoth with an axe as tall as a man walked into the barn and starting swinging. Oh fuck.

-The sense of accomplishment when you got an item. I remember playing for MONTHS as a mediocre spear footman with leather armor and the best shield I could scrape up the cash for. Then, finally, I BOUGHT A ROUNCEY AND ASCENDED FROM PEASANTHOOD. Getting that horse felt so badass, I got really into matching my armor up to look like a Norse horseman and reveled in the speed and fury of my dark steed.

+1

Things I won't miss:

-it taking multiple months to get a rouncey. lol

It didn't take that long since I do remember Plazek riding first horse but a couple of days after a reset.

What I absolutely don't miss though is the ridiculously overpowered ranged that were back then, even though nowadays archers still are easymode it's nothing, nothing like it was back then.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2140
  • Infamy: 1735
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2012, 08:33:22 pm »
Killwhoring is not killing someone from behind, it's finding a guy that's likely going to die (i.e. being attacked by many teammates) and trying to steal the kill. Bonus points for teamkills while doing it.

Yes, he's going to die but when and at what cost? That's very important. Because hoplites and other defensive shielders can do a lot of good for their team by keeping an enemy busy for a longer period of time.

Even I can do it when I'm wearing my heavy armor. In 95% of cases my team wins if an enemy team gank me and I manage to survive for longer than 20 seconds, which means that I've killed at least 2 out of 10 or 15 and damaged a alot more.

I'm not trying to make myself look good, I don't give a fuck what anyone who plays this thinks of me. I'm just speaking from experience and what I think it's useful and what isnt't.

You say killwhoring, I say being useful. After all point of the game isn't having most kills, it's winning. I'm doing everything I can so my team can win. You can think otherwise, but that's all I'm doing.

There's nothing easier being part of a melee blob in good armor and swinging like a fool, anyone can get 20 or more kills that way. But he'll also weaken his teammates and end up being raped by cav/ranged.

As soon I spawn, I deal with cav first. At least with those willing to try their luck with me. Then I'm hunting archers, I'm killhoring only if I spot friendlies having trouble ganking someone while I'm on my archers hunt. After that I fight melee, at the very end.

I'm not useful as a part of the melee blob and frankly speaking there's more than enough candidates for that role with a proper build (STR oriented).

I'm not a healer, I'm not a tank, I'm definately not a support/ranger. I'm a motherfucking rogue. Assassin. Picking off targets which can win the match. That's what I do, that's why I have this build.

Mr. Swedish teenager doesn't like me. Good for him. I think he's boring kid with good reflexes and a little brain capacity who has only one trick and that's right poleaxe swing followed by super fast poleaxe thrust, praying for polestagger, rince and repeat. Against that you can be patient and win or get bored and lose.  Sadly I don't always have enough patience to match his superior "skill".

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:37:10 pm by Leshma »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2012, 08:43:24 pm »
+2
ok you guys waved dicks around, back to the topic...
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2012, 08:48:01 pm »

No this is great :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2012, 08:48:54 pm »

i don't know a single thread in crpg forums that sticked to its topic

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2012, 08:50:30 pm »
+1
i don't know a single thread in crpg forums that sticked to its topic

And thats why we love it.

The drama is great.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:53:35 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »
+1
Lolwen is crap, Leshma is a newmy old friend, done deal. Im still here, from the first days of resets all the damn time, trying to spam down tincans with a mallet and a longbow, waving my newly bought Shortened Military scythe around like I was some kinda peasant ninja. I was the greatest then, I am the greatest now, I never rock OP polestagger, I dont build agi archers and kite like a bundle of sticks, I have never lazerpistolled with the stupidly OP crossbows, I dont roll with cav and its many advantages, Im just here, hacking away at armoured twats, for 2 fucking years. I am the greatest. I always will be. I have the most fun, noone can actually make me rage, you can never make me quit.

I fucking loved old crpg, I donated what I could and whathave you, I like new crpg, we dont have old crpg, we DO have new crpg, lets live with what we got, untill chadz decides in his hempsmoke clouded brain to change something, at which point I will STILL be the greatest, still having the most fun, reguardless of what all you Left mouse spinstabbing S key mashing armour crutchers kiteing archers nubass spamthrowers do. Doesnt matter, I'll still be here, randomly running around winning rounds or not and not caring. End of rant, end of thread, end of topic. I am the greatest

I'm also loaded with mojitos, ignore me. Although i am the greatest.
I don't know enough

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2012, 09:03:55 pm »
Im... Im better.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2012, 09:04:12 pm »
In old crpg we had bosses in new crpg we have spammers.

I remember mustikki shedding fear among everyone as archer, gnjus always managing to find a spot where no one sees him sniping people, the awlpike guy (Sorry forgot your name) that had a hilarious face, dave, panzermarine, tommy with his precise timing on lance strikes he was almost unbeatable in cav battles unless people used some brain cells and teamworked and a bunch of others.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2012, 09:06:52 pm »
In old crpg we had bosses in new crpg we have spammers.

I remember mustikki shedding fear among everyone as archer, gnjus always managing to find a spot where no one sees him sniping people, the awlpike guy (Sorry forgot your name) that had a hilarious face, dave, panzermarine, tommy with his precise timing on lance strikes he was almost unbeatable in cav battles unless people used some brain cells and teamworked and a bunch of others.

There is only 1 i can remember, a cav player. I cant remember his name exactly, but i can remember he always used plated charger and had some name along The_(Fin?).

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2012, 09:11:57 pm »
There is only 1 i can remember, a cav player. I cant remember his name exactly, but i can remember he always used plated charger and had some name along The_(Fin?).

ROFL the fin and his elephant hahahahahah what a shitstorm he sparked...
I don't know enough

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby