Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19475 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2012, 02:26:21 am »
+1
Ok, we understand that. But we don't base the balance on fighting 1v1, because Duel mode is not the primary mode (and as much as we'd like it, we can't have different balance for each mode).

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2012, 02:30:12 am »
I, personally, think cRPG would be more fun if melee combat was more risky and fast. Reduced armour values across the board, maybe another small nerf to armor looms, a considerable buff to agility builds (Obvious lobbyism is obvious.), server speed increased to fastest instead of medium, maybe increased weapon speeds on top of it all...

... Oh, and nerf archers, can't have anything without nerfing archers. We should always nerf archers. It's not like I'm a 12/27 shielder build that has no trouble with them or anything. Hell, remove them from the game. I hate archers.

On the actual topic of the thread: I wasn't around back when there was the old EXP system but if it encouraged shieldwalls more than this system there was something right with it.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2012, 02:33:24 am »
Whateva... It has become a suggestion corner or something.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:37:19 am by BlueKnight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:53 am »
ah nostalgia..
coming across a peasant who could block (like BigSandwich), discovering he would waste my time and moving on. getting Crymoar kills.
watching Crymoar while dead.
tk wars with POOPHAMMER.
wading through hordes of lowbies until finding the fighters.
getting pollbanned in strat for decimating 22nd.
good times...
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2012, 02:46:40 am »
Duelling and all other melee combat is seriously fucked up, melee combat should be the number one priority for the dev team. Feints stopped working one year ago, that if anything, should flash a big red warning sign in the face of the developers, but nothing has happened.

I think yes something happened, in the light of melee combat becoming more and more ineffective due to the average skill level increasing, ranged weapons were repeatedly nerfed to prevent the mod from becoming another Native. If that hasn't been done we would all be gone or using bows at the moment. So that's a start.

But fixing the combat for directional combat to be what actually wins melee fights instead of reach abuse and spam tricks when everybody and their grandmothers can block, that is a lot harder.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2012, 03:04:43 am »
+1
Ok, we understand that. But we don't base the balance on fighting 1v1, because Duel mode is not the primary mode (and as much as we'd like it, we can't have different balance for each mode).
Yes well, just how a more difficult and complex melee combat ruins your teamplay-centered balance?

And I agree with everything that phyrex and cyber have said
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:08:30 am by Logen »

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2012, 03:21:36 am »
Yes well, just how a more difficult and complex melee combat ruins your teamplay-centered balance?

"more difficult and complex" doesn't mean anything, it's too generic. Earlier we were talking about 1v1 combat, and I think you can do the maths about why focusing on 1v1 combat ruins team combat.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 2475
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2012, 03:42:57 am »
So called dancing is a problem. Why?

Because a player who does that is faster than any player who's standing still. That way he's turning into his attack and it's hard for a player who see the attack the moment this one has turned to react.

That way a single STR oriented plate wearing 2H noob can trash a team of 5 or more players. Just by turning around while spaming attacks.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2012, 04:08:05 am »
^Leshma, Shut up.

New cRPG killed AUS dead. The Learning curve is not steep and it doesn't take long for someone to become good. With fewer players only the very skilled and very stupid stuck with it. Yes we did end up with a super race of fast, efficient, clever and tactically well versed players. This micro environment is not conducive with veteran players who deserve to win. (whine all you like) if you put in the time and effort you should be the best, atm that is not the case.

What has happened to cRPG AUS will happen to NA and EU as more experienced players realize native has better combat and equal player motivation. I miss cRPG but honestly it is unplayable atm. Im not saying old cRPG was a better game it really wasn't but the community, freshness and persistence(call it grinding if you are a puss)  are long gone it takes a few hours to have a good character and kill good players. I have taken to playing on NA servers just because it is more fun to kill through randomness than through speed.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2012, 04:19:02 am »

I'm all for more complex melee combat, starting with:

1. Overhead stab for spear that goes above teammates heads, attacking as support from second row.
2. Chance for dropping weapon when kicked or bumped, hence sidearms would become useful again.
3. Lowered movement speed and athletics bonuses to reduce kiting and increase thinking about positioning in a group fight.
4. Breakable lances, spears, pikes and such.
5. Crouching
6. Minimum distance for effectively using weapons (especially long weapons like two-handed axes) below which one hits with the shaft/hilt dealing minimal damage.

Like you see, more complex has nothing to do with make it ultra-speed so people can't block again, now! like was pretty much posted before.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:57:51 am by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2012, 04:24:09 am »
Tot... Now devs need to build the mod again because if you implemented all the mentioned things now, nothing would be balanced. Placing 1 or 2 important realistic things makes devs place all realistic things or it will be a giant bullshit. also we will end up as shielders lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2012, 04:30:41 am »
True, but I'd rather have to rebalance a lot of stuff than let it stagnate and die.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2012, 04:39:36 am »
I'm all for more complex melee combat, starting with:

1. Overhead stab for spear that goes above teammates heads, attacking as support from second row.
2. Chance for dropping weapon when kicked or bumped, hence sidearms would become useful again.
3. Lowered movement speed and athletics bonuses to reduce kiting and increase thinking about positioning in a group fight.
4. Breakable lances, spears, pikes and such.
5. Crouching
6. Minimum distance for effective using weapons (especially long weapons like two-handed axes) below which one hits with the shaft/hilt dealing minimal damage.

Like you see, more complex has nothing to do with make it ultra-speed so people can't block again, now! like was pretty much posted before.

I say they should fix before adding.

I can just picture the mass of "skilled" players finding a way to abuse the Crouch to net them easy kills because of breaking the engine in a million different ways with their crouch wiggle swings.

The kicking suggestion is also stupid, there's players out there that are crazy good at kicking and side weapons will probably be much shorter than your main, effectively making the chance you get kicked even higher at which point you'd just have to punch the guy in the face.

That suggestion would also encourage getting the longest weapon in the game and just backpedalling and jump spinning all over the place.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2012, 04:48:44 am »
So called dancing is a problem. Why?

Because a player who does that is faster than any player who's standing still. That way he's turning into his attack and it's hard for a player who see the attack the moment this one has turned to react.

That way a single STR oriented plate wearing 2H noob can trash a team of 5 or more players. Just by turning around while spaming attacks.
It is easier to block standing still then moving around.

Don't call spamming mindlessly dancing.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2012, 06:09:59 am »
There's a problem with that: chadz doesn't like old cRPG more and I don't like old cRPG more. Unless somebody pays me, I sure as hell won't be developing that.

he not even play crpg since 2 year. and you too play very less i hardly find you online playng, and i not have seen chadz 1 single time in 3 months,  where in old  crpg i was seeing him almost daily,    who care what chadz like tbh ? or you?, we all here   to  to play  something only you and chadz agree 100% ?  while   rest of community value nothing?  you make this mod for yourself or for the ppl who play it? let me understand it clearly.

if the game is objectively better  with a hybrid system   why you or chadz say no on this ? becouse you 0,2% not like it? you both not even play it,not as much to understand your own game mechanics, and how a game become stagnate.

I returned after what 1 year of inactivity, and you now what is the biggest change i noticed? your     click rdy button under equipment.
Rest  chars, development, retirement , xp mode, balancement its still the same of last summer.   

100% of player   will enjoy a hibrid system that have the best of old and new. is called logic and common sense,  task of a modder or developer in whatever online game is accomplish and satisfy majority of ppl, not his own  and only taste.

You like gelato? i like too, but i like much more chocolate gelato, if i open a gelato store you think i am going to serve only chocolate taste? becouse i like it?       or you think i do what is best for my  guests? offer all variety ? withouth renouncing to my own taste.

I still like the mod,(probably becouse i not play for a long time ) but in pre 2000 i was admin of an italian ultima online server with 500 player online,     i NEVER AND SAY NEVER,  imposed my own taste , over the 500 players,      becouse if that taste was  too against the community taste, was a stupid choice.
And tbh i not lost interest in it over time, i always  have done things i believed where better, accordingly to my personal choices, unless that choice made ppl  angry, unhappy, unsatisfy,         when you offer a work to a community, you  enjoy it more :  when   more ppl appreciate it  with you, than you do for yourself, but it come last.  becouse the biggest  payback is seeing your work getting liked by more and more ppl.  but maybe this value only for me.

analyze this poll almost  46% of community prefer old,        is a sign to anybody who not pretend to be blind.

50% of this mod community like old system.                       so do your best ,  take best of old and new and mix it, is really a tabu for you?

just for say i am probably the most banned player in the c-rpg story, i got banned over 25 times in  6 months. last year,   but i also  always criticize chadz openly, same for the staff,  offering alternatives , not sterile critics,    and i am still here, becouse they chosed it,     that for me is a very good sign, that in real  they listen, even if they act like they not do, otherwise i not was going to waste my times in this intervents.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:32:11 am by Vicious666 »