Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19477 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2327
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2012, 01:25:36 am »
Level 37 is a good choice because ti allows builds like 21/21 without skill point conversion. It would speed up a game I think.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2012, 01:26:45 am »
Leshman, dont be angry at adminclique, they love their bumholes and think they are supertasty, such is the way of the mod. When will you learn?

you can have both 

Im with vicious, old rewards (nerfed of course, no gain for lvl 30+ when killing peasants) and new timegain, also remove block from greatswords and greataxes, the huge polearms, etc. Game is win, we all happy. Oh and nerf movespeed on silly rangers, they suck balls and must know it, not hero it, it can be hard to hit sometimes with fucked hitboxes and aiming but it is still sillyeasy to kiteshoot.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2012, 01:29:06 am »
so you will get best of  both system and instead making happy   55% of ppl  (who like new one)
you will make happy 100%   

There's a problem with that: chadz doesn't like old cRPG more and I don't like old cRPG more. Unless somebody pays me, I sure as hell won't be developing that.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2012, 01:35:29 am »
Ok so instead of dev'ing that, can you return my stolen looms recover my account and sort strat out? thanks in advance Mr. CoMPuter eXCHanged for a Gameboy and 8 AA Batteries.
I don't know enough

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2012, 01:39:13 am »
+3
I see a big red warning sign over your post saying "Exaggerated Bullshit".

(click to show/hide)

So why doesn't it work, Cmp? I've mastered my class, 3000+ hours played as a 2h on Native and cRPG, I roflstomp pretty much everyone on Native but on cRPG even mediocre players that can't even chamber or do anything advanced, block me forever. What am I missing?
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2012, 01:52:33 am »
+2
So why doesn't it work, Cmp? I've mastered my class, 3000+ hours played as a 2h on Native and cRPG, I roflstomp pretty much everyone on Native but on cRPG even mediocre players that can't even chamber or do anything advanced, block me forever. What am I missing?

The fact that we'd like teamwork to be the primary factor in roflstomping, followed by player skill? We're not quite there, but we gotta start somewhere.
I still call bullshit on you not being able to roflstomp, I see players who are much less experienced/skilled than you topping the scoreboard pretty much every time they play (no, not talking about lancers).

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2012, 01:53:37 am »
+1

Maybe the part that cRPG isn't a duelling platform and we really don't give a fuck about it. Besides this complaint can be paraphrased as people don't die when I sneeze in their general direction anymore, fix it.
If anything, I'd say that melee mechanics needs to be toned down especially in regards to movement speed, since right now it's mostly agi-monkey bullshit with no space for any sort of teamwork in formations* and a lot of room for lone heroes forever-backpeddle-kiting.

*ninja-edit: don't call 2h blob with some pikes a formation, thank you

Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2012, 01:56:31 am »
Increase ranged damage so people make shieldwalls. I miss those ;)
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2012, 01:59:00 am »

I sense you love crpg anyway :D You are just too impatient. Everybody is killable <- repaired
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:07:00 am by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2012, 02:00:44 am »
killingable

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2012, 02:06:29 am »
Yeah while I was writing it I was like "wait it makes no sense... but fuck it ^^" killable is the word I needed

Btw it's like a bit after 2 am here so I might not pay attention to what I'm writing. I would be sleeping now if there wasn't so much drama going on.

Also I have seen worse mistakes lol

Skyrim UI

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:25 am »
+1
I agree with Phyrex, so much of the depth has been taken out from the melee combat. Any 1v1 melee fight that you are going to have with a good player is really just a matter of endurance, whoever gets tired and makes a dumb mistake loses, killing even an average player takes forever since blocking is no challenge at all for someone who has spent some time trying to learn it and that is not an exaggeration. You can try to make the game be more teamwork based and all that stuff and that's good but why did you need to dumb down melee combat that much.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:49 am »
+4
I know what you mean, but it doesn't work like that.

Teamwork works in a controlled setting with clans in matches, European Native Pro League and Native Pro League, all matches with trained clans, that's where you'll find teamwork. The clans you see on cRPG on the public servers are not teamworking, they're a zerg-squads all whoring for kills. On public servers, I just want to go in there and kill as many players as I can, I don't want to teamwork with 100 other players I don't know and don't want to know, I'll teamwork with my clan on Strategus.

You have to seriously think about this, melee combat is just not fun, exciting or have the depth anymore. When the skill-roof is so low and when the veterans hit it for some time, you'll lose them, just like you've pretty much lost me and a lot of other players.

[Edit]: Tot. , what a comical post, where did all the veteran Grey players go? You know, the good Grey players like Okocha, Szymczak, New_Player_Ftw, GorN, etc?
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2012, 02:18:06 am »
You can always become better. Hitslashes are damn fast anyway and what is wrong with the endurance? It's like players stamina which is a part of skill isn't it? If you want to just enter the server and slash everybody easily you can go singleplayer or native. Here killing a simple person requires some attention but it is more rewarding. It's not like you can't kill yourselves. It will just take a bit more time.

Skyrim UI

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2012, 02:22:26 am »
+1
You can always become better. Hitslashes are damn fast anyway and what is wrong with the endurance? It's like players stamina which is a part of skill isn't it? If you want to just enter the server and slash everybody easily you can go singleplayer or native. Here killing a simple person requires some attention but it is more rewarding. It's not like you can't kill yourselves. It will just take a bit more time.

Your missing the point. Fighting someone 1v1 is not much of a challenge anymore, the skill cap is low, the fights are not exciting, it's just a boring exhange of blows and it really isn't so much about you executing a good move to kill the enemy but more about waiting for them to eventually just screw up.