Author Topic: Get this broken balance fixed!  (Read 6103 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: Get this broken balance fixed!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 07:16:53 pm »
+1
Yeah it is getting pretty dumb out there with all the good players throwing on the same banner even if they are not in the same clan etc just to get a multi
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 07:18:42 pm »
I'm not saying stomping noobs is fun, I'm saying playing with my clanmates is! i really dont get an hour long *5 as often you like to mention.
Sometimes we play and we still have a lsing streak, but no one seems to be bothered then

so yea competition is cool, but like i mentionned it before : "hear other clans have like 70+ members!!(bashis, greys, templols) where are they?" Bring on the competition!
The only clan i noticed is GK thats regurlaly comes to rape the server with cav (and that creates much hate and anti cav whine threads) and bandits with mauler gnjus and his tincans!

other clans? hardly see them, they play an hour, lose they multi and leave.

Yea leshma i forgot about royanss, but i mentionned gravoth and warlord because we hardly see them on ts but they rape the server so hard on their own

it costs nothing to join a clan, your nick has a tag in front of it you talk to some guys on ts sometimes and there you go (anyway thats how we role)! anyway, pretty much what made said
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:21:06 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 07:54:46 pm »
+2
/rant on

To all clan people : THIS ISSUE IS LEGITIMATE !  sheesh

Mori dont waste your time with thoses assholes  , ive been against banner balance the day it was created

Sure play with your buddies , farm that multi 5x for hours ,  crpg is fuuuuun

But ill quit if i cant play with my teammates !!!!    what a bunch of clan losers!   

Here is the real truth about BB : 

1- you use it to farm hours of 5x
 2- you dont like fighting your own clanmates which are very good players and prefer bad teams and players with 0 looms and no coordinated efforts ( HELLO TS VENTRILLO witchcraft ) 

If you would have to fight waves of your own skilled clanmates full of looms you would GTX

Get that shit BB out of here or make it so that huge clans get splitted   

Theses are facts , ive been playing long enough

And for fuck sake , stop saying go to a non bb server or use the banner , its not a fix its a retarded way to bypass your frustration of getting pwned by clans

Clans are good for strategus and private servers like others said

/rant off

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »
Stomping noobs is fun

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 08:21:08 pm »
I see you'v made youself a nice general idea of clans...

1 - again, wer not on *5 as much as you like to think. and seriously, I'v come a point i couldnt really care about the multiplier, sure it's nice getting some money in, but I'v come a point i have enough money to substain my upkeep and I'm not retiring
2 - I am very happy to fight my team mates, on duel serv or in battle, to prove myself, to show I'v improved(and oh boy you'll here me brag in ts when i killed someone i consider better then me)!But the things I'v always seeked through the many games and clans I'v been in is teamwork.
in c-rpg it's the same thing, it has nothing to do with *5

it's only your fustration speaking

and like i said, strat is really not fun, a place of boredom and exploiters to show off their e-peens. I really dont fancy being stuck there because some randomers fancy flying solo in battle mode and whine when some clan brings in a bit of organisation
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:24:54 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 08:24:46 pm »
So because you (and most people) enjoy playing with their clan, they should be able to all be on the same team in a public server and pub stomp noobs?

You guys are seriously taking that stance in a thread about balancing teams?  LOL

*EDIT for disclosure*  I'm part of the Hospitallers, we generally have 15-20 people in our teamspeak and in the same server at peak hours, I benefit from banner balance when I'm rolling x5 for hours.  Banner Balance is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:30:44 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 08:26:19 pm »
I always get tossed around like some cheap whore by the autobalance. I rarely get to play with the nordmen on my main character and I don't like that at all. I want to train teamplay with other nordmen on public servers so we can be a good functional unit, but I rarely stay with them because of that silly autobalance. :(
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »
I always get tossed around like some cheap whore by the autobalance. I rarely get to play with the nordmen on my main character and I don't like that at all. I want to train teamplay with other nordmen on public servers so we can be a good functional unit, but I rarely stay with them because of that silly autobalance. :(

That's what practice, and scrimmages are for.  You can easily set up a scrim now with the battle groups.  The public servers should be where people go to play for fun.  I'm not discouraging tactics and teamwork, I think it's important, I just think that the teams should be balanced in public servers, even if that means you don't always get to play with your buddies and roll noobs for hours.

If it's possible, the teams should be balanced somewhat by banner, but I think the most important thing should be that they are balanced by skill level of characters, as well as their classes (or equipped items).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 08:37:44 pm »
stomping happens now and then, you make it sound like it happens 24:7. sometimes we'r on, a team with only randomers will win

I like to go on a serv, find 4 or 5 of my clanmates and play with them. forcing us to get together only for scrimmage and strat is lame. we shouldnt be pushed around cuz we fancy getting a bit of teamwork into battle, and because you guyz fancy being a lonesome hero.

you'r seriously making a mountain out of a molehill

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 08:44:47 pm »
No I'm not.  You're advocating for unbalanced teams that with enough people, can easily pub stomp a server.  I'm advocating for balanced teams. 
I'd also prefer to play with my clanmates, and keep a x5, but not at the expense of having balanced teams.

See the difference?

What you're basically advocating is the equivalent of 10 people joining a 20 man counter-strike public server, all 10 join one side and proceed to roll the server.  That's called a pub stomp, and on every universe I've ever visited, is looked down upon all the same.

Playing with your clan mates is fun, but pub stomping is cowardly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:46:57 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 08:47:26 pm »
nope, I'm advocating for teamwork

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 08:48:06 pm »
nope, I'm advocating for teamwork

As am I, but not at the expense of balanced teams. 

Reading comprehension, how does it work?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 08:50:07 pm »

Happens to me a lot too. It seems the autobalance mainly "works" with the players with the higher k/ds. Like someone said: Chase gets mostly balanced after round one; the next best players follow... Maybe it can be something done with the algorithm that lets clans stay in one team, but then puts the best clanless (or underrepresented clanmembers) in the other team. I know from my own experience however that writing this kind of math is seriously hard. ;)

But pulling bannerbalance out of this mod (or any other mod for that matter) will seriously damage the overall fun in this game. It IS a Teamgame. This is no Quake-Deathmatch. You are supposed to be working together. This is a very big part of the fun in this game...

I can understand that it can be frustrating when there happens to be only one clan online or only one team organising properly (i.e. taking the barn or boat or charging all on one side or staying together on the hill) and you are in the team where everyone just randomly charges forward and dies. But nonetheless: This is a teamgame. Don't blame the ones actually playing as a team...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1473
  • Infamy: 2481
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »
+1
I always get tossed around like some cheap alt whore by the autobalance.

Fixed :D

I think banner balance works fine. For example, whenever there are lot of true Nords, I always end up in opposite team which is how it should be. But I don't get it how banner balance knows I'm impostor? Maybe balance banner is in fact chadz doing manual work when he's not coding some Strategus goodies or playing some crappy AAA game like Mass Errect 3.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 08:52:56 pm »
Fixed :D

I think banner balance works fine. For example, whenever there are lot of true Nords, I always end up in opposite team which is how it should be. But I don't get it how banner balance knows I'm impostor? Maybe balance banner is in fact chadz doing manual work when he's not coding some Strategus goodies or playing some crappy AAA game like Mass Errect 3.

That got a good chuckle out of me. :D