Author Topic: Get this broken balance fixed!  (Read 5812 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Get this broken balance fixed!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:48 pm »
Kills also affect balance.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 10:41:43 pm »
Think i am going to try dezilagels plan .

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 04:17:47 pm »
+1
As someone who regularly enjoys rolling public servers with a bunch of clanmates in the same team speak, I would 100% support removing banner balance.

If you want to play with your faction set up a scrimmage using the battle groups, play in strategus, or go play in a private server.

Public servers (no matter what game you're playing) should never be a place to "pub stomp".  The teams should be balanced by class and player levels, possibly taking into account K:D ratio in the current map, or from a previous map.

Would be nice to see banner balance turned off.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 04:20:05 pm »
One solution would be to pick thier banner and roll in x5. Sadly I can't do that.

actually, i think i saw some bashibazouk and some other bigger clans have one or two members that started using our banner :)

I would rather chadz implement PIN balance. Enter a pin, get put with people that have the same pin.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 04:23:57 pm »
This. Balance by banner is not ideal.

exactly, also some of our members have been complaining that they get switched to the other team cause so MANY people use our banner.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 04:34:39 pm »
Problem is: his bottom is sore and he has to talc

Another idiot who can't be assed to read.

So I won't even be assed to explain.

But it is spelled TALK not TALC, comb your beard & go away.

Anyone who's played in Clans, Clanless banner leecher, or the wanderer knows that 'banner stack balance' is silly & easily abused.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1032
  • Infamy: 2819
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 05:00:39 pm »
As someone who regularly enjoys rolling public servers with a bunch of clanmates in the same team speak, I would 100% support removing banner balance.

If you want to play with your faction set up a scrimmage using the battle groups, play in strategus, or go play in a private server.

Public servers (no matter what game you're playing) should never be a place to "pub stomp".  The teams should be balanced by class and player levels, possibly taking into account K:D ratio in the current map, or from a previous map.

Would be nice to see banner balance turned off.

I agree in general but you know what? It's not gonna happen. It makes perfect sense, it's right thing to do but.. people enjoy roflstomping lowbies, noobs and clanless people. Without it, many of them wouldn't play. It's the same thing as this:

(click to show/hide)

Bottom line is, people want to play nice, to think how they are noble but in reality most people have really crappy personality and would sell their own mothers if they had to. That's why unjustice exists, because people are wired that way. Banner balance is unjust to casual players but those who have the power, people who play in organized clans don't really give a shit about it. Pigs are there to be slaughtered and eaten, lowbies and casuals in cRPG serve the same purpose.

I'm clanless player and I enjoy playing against fresh clans, because they lack coordination and experience so I can kick their asses on my own. Sadly, even the dumbest player eventually realize how game works so I'm unable to use mind tricks on them anymore. Games are limited and after a year or so, everyone is skilled to some point and that's when external factors kick in, like quality or connection and gaming equipment. Online gaming is fair only in South Korea and that's because they mostly play in Gaming Cafe's and everyone has the same ping which goes up to 2 :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:06:21 pm by Leshma »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »
Another idiot who can't be assed to read.

So I won't even be assed to explain.

But it is spelled TALK not TALC, comb your beard & go away.

Anyone who's played in Clans, Clanless banner leecher, or the wanderer knows that 'banner stack balance' is silly & easily abused.

AHAHAHAHAH NO: Talk is using words to express yourself, Talc is what you put on your bottom when it hurts you MORON AHAHAHAHAH YOU MADE MY DAY!!! OMFG I CANT STOP LAUGHING
I don't know enough

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • Renown: 238
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • 0==[]:::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vangaboys
  • Game nicks: Captain_Georges
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »
Byzantirape
cRPG needs guns

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »
I'm also thinking that IF Auto-Balance MUST SPLIT A BANNER, then it be the largest banner.
Yeah would be fantastic. Byzantium would never be able to play as a team anymore, ever. Cause in addition to about ten Byzantiums on during primetime, there are about 15 extra Byzantium banners on too. The amount of people and clans also using our banner is getting pretty retarded.

Time for the removal of banner balance and do a PIN system instead. Everyone should be able to pick a 3 digit pin on his character page, and banner balance should see people with the same pin as a group. Clan leaders can distribute the same pin under their members and clans will be able to play together. But without balance completely screwing up due to 40 player banner groups.

Actually surprised how Byzantium is able to roll a good multi due to player numbers and good players consistently. Are we the only clan that pretty much plays EU_1 only? We really don't have that much members.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:24:03 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 06:41:52 pm »
+2
What a pile of crap. Learn to deal with organized groups of players instead of crying out loud. If clanmates can't play in the same team all the time then clans lose any sense of existence and the game becomes even more boring & repetitive. Fighting against organized clan formation should be a challenge and some great fun but unfortunately not for most of the semi-retarded community that just spawns - runs straightforward & gets killed without making any contribution to their team. L2P & L2 Listen to those who can organize a team of useless imbeciles and make them win.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 06:42:22 pm »
I get the impression that this thread was created aftyer yesterday's games where we had nearly ALL our members playing.
Sometimes it happens we get together, play an rape, the amount of QQ related to this is quite out of proportion compared to the time we rape the server...

I like playing with my clan mates, that's the point of being in a clan for me, we get on teamspeak play and laugh together. I really dont want to be pushed into strat because clans are only allowed to play this if its members wants to play together, thats retarded.

and we are not the only ones, sometimes i see the bandits topping the scoreboards with pubbers saying ; bandit banner is the way to go!!
yesterday was a rare occasion, we managed to have 20 players on teamspeak and everyone was like : WTF???. It was pretty unusal!
I hear other clans have like 70+ members!!(bashis, greys, templols) where are they? raping siege? but hey we dont care about siege, i dont play there rofl. Kind of ironic because you'll find more noobs and newbes there then anywhere else (and i admit i like to go there to feel better about myself)
We dont have that much members, but 75% are active ( I sometimes wonder if they have a life)

About our banners, it's getting out of control, I'v counted at least 5 players,each from different clans, using our banner!
with the pubbers it's worse, I recall a round when we hid behind a wall, after 2 minuts we charged and died. we then noticed that within the 7 banners that were hiding behind the wall, only 3 out of 7 were actually real byzants, so only 3 of us charged on order...
banner balance isnt that soft with us, chase gets tossed around like a ball in a chinese ping pong match and other byzants get regurlarly tossed around. we dont actually play with that much teamwork sometimes, we'v actually got good players that rack up an insane amount of kills(like Chase, gravoth, warlord) and many others join our ranks .

stopping me playing with my bros would kill it for me and make me play less :/

i find no fun in strat, i wont to play with my buddies on the eu servers

Byzantium_the_intolerant

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:44:53 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 06:45:11 pm »
+1
They're public servers, only noobs like to pub stomp.  This coming from someone who almost always has 10-20 people with our banner in our teamspeak.  Yes, being organized is fun, having a x5 for hours is also a lot of fun.  Know what I enjoy the most?  Actual competition from the other team, making me get better. 

There needs to be some sort of class and skill balance that takes precedence over banner balance.  How anyone can think a pub stomp is fun, let alone legit "skill" is beyond me (well I think the answer is they just like the x5).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 1018
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 06:55:33 pm »
I get the impression that this thread was created aftyer yesterday's games where we had nearly ALL our members playing.
Sometimes it happens we get together, play an rape, the amount of QQ related to this is quite out of proportion compared to the time we rape the server...

I've been playing yesterday for few hours while you guys were owning and it was nothing unusual. Well, I didn't have my typical average x3, it was more like x2 but it was fine. Still scored as I usually do. Although I'm kinda used to Byzantium/Shogunate players. And you're not the type of clan who always go everywhere together like some of the clans you mentioned (mostly The Greys).

You forgot to mention Royans, he's one of your best scorers. Sadly my dumbass teammates don't understand that if we don't have any capable cavs in our team, all stray horses should be executed asap. I've seen Royans dehorsed plenty of times, just to find another horse and keep owning his enemies.

Offline MadeForFighting

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Wabbajack
  • IRC nick: TrueThing
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »
No system is perfect. Turning off banner balance is just plain stupid, people form clans want to play together and this mechanic helps them, more or less - deal with it. The battlegroup/pin idea is pretty decent. Some system where people can from groups via the website, groups that are invite-only and balance is focused around that...but...it does not fix the problem, to be honest.
How to deal with getting balanced against strong clans? Well...join one. I really dont want to hear bullshit like "oh but I like to be clanless / in a small clan with only a couple friends/my clan is not active enough" - if you choose that route then deal with getting stomped by the bigger guys. There's a lot of good clans out there, just join one of them and be active, encourage others to be active with you and create your own few hour x5 streaks.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:17:15 pm by MadeForFighting »

Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours!