Author Topic: Get this broken balance fixed!  (Read 5759 times)

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Get this broken balance fixed!
« on: March 11, 2012, 02:43:38 pm »
+1
Its not fun anymore if one clan (Byzantinum) with 10 players goes into EU1 and balance puts them ALL into the same team leaving the other team on constant x1 on every map. Its not their fault ofc, its the broken balance.

The sad thing is if some other wolpers are on a server my clan almost ever gets split up between the teams even if there are only 3 or 4 of us around. Why the fuck does a large mass of a clan then gets balanced into only one team?

Fix this shit. There have been so many suggestions already on how to (maybe) do it.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
Re: Get this broken balance fixed!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:45:31 pm »
+5
Their banner is just better than yours.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:53:55 pm »
+3
Hoe to beat Byzantium for dummies: (4 easy steps!)

1. Go into their ts

2. Call Chase a frenchman

3. Blame it on Zotte

4. Watch chaos unfold
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:01 pm »
Don't think so, even if there are 10 Byzantium there is still chance for another team to win .if not then it is because the other team is full of noob players. Don't forget there are other factions out there to fight against Byzantium. If some of the byzantium top the scoreboard, there are chances for him to switch to another team. So no troubles.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 2197
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 03:32:39 pm »
+1
One solution would be to pick thier banner and roll in x5. Sadly I can't do that.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 03:47:53 pm »
+5
NO YOU CANT TAKE MY BROKEN BALANCE AWAY I LOVE MY X5

Pretty much if I see a clan rolling a server I either play for a bit and rage quit, stack their banner and laugh at the pub players sitting on x1, or I leave without even spawning & go play a different game.

It's not fun being on the team that rolls all the pubbies, and it's not fun on the team being rolled by coordinated clans.

My solution would be to turn banner balance off on official servers, if clans want to play together they can do so on their own servers without disrupting normal factionless players.

The main problem is that auto balance thinks 2 lvl 15-20s is equal to a lvl 30+ clannie in decked out loomed outfit so it will simply put all the pubs on one team vs the mega clan and guess who wins... as the clan of lvl 30s cuts through waves of lowbies and pub players.

At least that's my opinion on banner unbalance.
Don't think so, even if there are 10 Byzantium there is still chance for another team to win .if not then it is because the other team is full of noob players. Don't forget there are other factions out there to fight against Byzantium. If some of the byzantium top the scoreboard, there are chances for him to switch to another team. So no troubles.

& it's comments like this that make me question the intelligence of our little community. It is because the other team is full of noob players? Well do you know WHY it's full of 'noob players'? because of AUTO BALANCE oh there's other factions to fight against the clan stacking, of course why didn't I think of that solution what a perfect idea we can fight clan stacking with clan stacking, brilliant idea.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:56:21 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:55:05 pm »
My solution would be to turn banner balance off on official servers, if clans want to play together they can do so on their own servers without disrupting normal factionless players.

There are Offical servers that banner balance is off. For example EU_4. Play there if you want no more banner balance

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 03:57:30 pm »
+2
There are Offical servers that banner balance is off. For example EU_4. Play there if you want no more banner balance

Oh really we have ONE official server with banner balance off and it's only EU...

Here's another brilliant solution maybe one that could even top AlexTheDragon's, go play a different game.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 04:03:05 pm »
+1
Pretty much this. Or go and play your beloved "other" games.

I would expect a comment like this from a lover of the banner balance system. Especially after a nice night of pushing lowbies and nubs around in a faction that doesn't even play strat. (where you would actually fight purely other clans)

:lol:

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 04:04:53 pm »
+1

This AND the fact that if you are being squashed repeatedly by the same players: Why dont you watch and learn?

Sun Tzu says that you must know YOUR ENEMY and yourself. If he was talking shit, we wouldnt still read his work 3000 years later. Crying will not improve your gameplay. Go play and stop making the epeens of tryhards grow by complaining that you cant beat them.

Everything has a counter in this  game, like roshambo (also 3000 years old and chinese). unfortunatly sometimes that counter is playing better...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:07:05 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 04:17:20 pm »
+1
So I really dont see the problem here.

Problem is: his bottom is sore and he has to talc
I don't know enough

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 04:33:16 pm »
On a serious note: Noobs and Lowbies (as you call clanless players, If I assume it correctly) are free to choose the banner they want and ride on byzantium x5, and plenty of them do this.

This is the only time banner balance becomes a problem when everyone an their mother start to group up an start steamrolling peeps :lol:

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 06:40:32 pm »
+1
I would like to see what the Dev's current formula is on the server for auto-balance. It should be at least Level considerations first, then banner balance. I'm also thinking that IF Auto-Balance MUST SPLIT A BANNER, then it be the largest banner.

What's worse? The guy in his clan's teamspeak getting taunted (or ignored) while on the other team and he chats up his buddies? Or a couple players who aren't into the clan thing, don't have a TS server setup and just want to hang together who find themselves put on a different team every other round because of "auto-balance"?

Baloney and I picked a couple alts the last couple days to fart around with and chose a banner nobody else uses. I was fairly surprised to find that we almost never finished a map on the same team. There was only two of us, so if it chose one of us to switch, it should have moved both. Since those alts were under lvl 20, it isn't like much "balancing" was happening.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:43:15 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2745
  • Infamy: 2488
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 06:45:52 pm »
It´s fun to push lowbies and nubs around, ya know. And I even do it in the morning, noon, afternoon and evening, not only the night, thats even more fun!

On a serious note: Noobs and Lowbies (as you call clanless players, If I assume it correctly) are free to choose the banner they want and ride on byzantium x5, and plenty of them do this.

Yeah, that's what we noobs and lowbies do. I did it as well until Redgrave said I should stop. So no more shoggie x5 rapetrain for me :(

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 08:15:52 pm »
If things were perfectly balanced people would mostly get x1 and x2 multipliers as an indicator of well matched teams. So actually the way xp is given now imbalance is desirable, except if you end up on the losing team of course. But if better balance is really desired then it should also be based on gen level as that implies a player who has experience. Also alts should use the gen level of your main as well.