Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53252 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: archery..
« Reply #600 on: April 12, 2012, 12:05:08 am »
I miss murdering all those fallen archers from horseback now I can only find two or three compared to the time  when i could have sworn that half the enemy team was fallen archers :/

I don't see anything wrong with bow right now except killing an enemy quickly with on eludes me even when my shots connect with heads i swear ppl are immune to arrows
This... fallen used to be almost all archers.
Polestagger might get reworked once archer discrimination in this forum stops.
LOL.... +100 for paul
Pock gobblers

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #601 on: April 12, 2012, 12:05:48 am »
turn loom arrows into extra arrows and not damage then archery would be fine for me and i would still be raging when i get shot  8-)

What do you think of this?

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,17322.msg247132.html#msg247132

This... fallen used to be almost all archers.LOL....

Note that as the Fallen Archers decreased, my time spent in game decreased and my presence on the forums increased... Food for thought.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:10:45 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 12, 2012, 12:17:47 am »
+1
What do you think of this?

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,17322.msg247132.html#msg247132

Note that as the Fallen Archers decreased, my time spent in game decreased and my presence on the forums increased... Food for thought.

iv got a 4 h law lesson tomorrow, ill read all that tomorrow, thank you for bringing it up, it should occupy my morning, right now im f***** and going to bed  8-)

edit : apparently i +1 your post when i read it (octobre 2011, told ya i was everywhere  8-))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:19:33 am by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #603 on: April 12, 2012, 02:56:32 pm »
NERF ARCHERY

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:01:17 pm by Son Of Odin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 12, 2012, 04:15:32 pm »
stop lieing paul, you are probably one of the main reasons archery is still op

Yeah, he is, but it's not that simple. Many things are broken engine-side and he can't fix them.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 12, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »
No Lech, also a lot of things ARENT broken, and he doesnt change them, because archery is pathetic, ubernerfed, and UP. Spammy shielders are the most unnerfed at the moment, but you cant seem to accept that.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #606 on: April 12, 2012, 05:48:10 pm »
I don't see archery as UP, I think it is in a good place. When I'm not distracted by TS, I'm usually in the top 7 of the leaderboard, and I'm an okay player who is level crutching. Considering the majority of the top scoring players are not bowmen, I think it is not OP either. The damage dealt statistics recently released also seemed pretty reasonable too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:50:39 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #607 on: April 12, 2012, 06:15:30 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
saying to adapt to the game. I am sorry but no, this is a game, im not going to have the archery dictate what i should play, a strength build or a one hander.
(click to show/hide)

I actually read most of it and you summed up my charge and havoc tactic pretty well :mrgreen:
You do not know my alts though.

The part I did not spoiler is a bit weird since by nerfing archers further you are dictating how they have to play.

Oh god plate archers ---> WPF penalty ---> lower armor ---> omg melee archers! ---> Slot system ---> fleeing archers due to lack of melee capability.

You guys forced them into their current role and now it's a problem...
Don't get it.
But totally going back to archery in 500k xp =)

It's just a game let's just keep it as it is and feel free to play what you like but if you fail to adept to the battlefield then you will be a bad player.

Also dumbing down ranged to point and click is not exactly how it works but I figure you know that.

I also like how you say everyone who agrees with me is a brown noser, massive fail understanding that your opinion is also just an opinion like mine.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 12, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »
+6
Probably said this in here already, but I'll repeat myself. Changes that have been made to archery made the archer with melee capabilities almost extinct. Furthermore, if you would for example give archers a less steep wpf curve, no one would put the extra wpf into melee, they'd rather put some more into archery. Why is that? Because they can run away. An archer with melee capabilities is completely possible and viable, but they all want that 2 slot bow, those 2 stacks of arrows and as much accuracy as they can get.

I would much rather see archers as most of them were historically. Wearing quite a bit of armor and armed with a melee weapon. They fire volleys into the enemy ranks, but if they get catched in the fray, they are able to defend themselves.

Running away as an archer should be made less viable. They tend to have quite a bit of agi and barely any armor so they can outrun pretty much all infantry.

A good start to fix this would be to disable archers with their bows in hand to reach sprint speed. After 2-3 seconds of running your character suddenly speeds up to his maximum speed. If archers can't do that anymore, running away while being chased is not an option, while still being able to sidestep after every shot. They can switch weapon and sprint, but no more run/turn/shoot shenanigans.

Also prevent archers from taking 2 stacks of arrows, so they always have room for a proper melee weapon.

To compensate for the loss of mobility, the wpf decrease for wearing armor should be reduced a lot. Armor just does not decrease archery capabilities much. Arrow stack size should be increased and break chance should be reduced. Splitting proficencies for archers should be encouraged and be made more viable. Give them considerably more melee capabilities, without nerfing their current range capabilities much. Enable battle archers, no actually, force archers to be battle archers. As long as the possibility is there to get more accuracy and damage by being a wpf whoring cowardly archer, most will do it.

The archer in peasant garbs, that runs away when anyone comes close, should be changed into an uneffective gimmick build, that trembles in fear of his mighty armored and brave battle archer brethren.

These are proper archers
(click to show/hide)

Oh, implement deployable stakes, doesn't matter if they don't damage horses if they run into them, stopping them is good enough.

tl;dr version:
Nerf running away capabilities to the ground, force melee capabilities on archers while leaving their ranged capabilities mostly untouched.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 12, 2012, 07:27:56 pm »
The part I did not spoiler is a bit weird since by nerfing archers further you are dictating how they have to play.
if you read well my post my meow, i never said they were really overpowered, i just believe some tweaks could be in order!
But i see you just stick me into the anti archery lobby... i really like playing archery

It's just a game let's just keep it as it is and feel free to play what you like but if you fail to adept to the battlefield then you will be a bad player.

I am sorry but no, this is a game, im not going to have the archery dictate what i should play, a strength build or a one hander. Even though i deeply agree that agi build are completly useless for battles and any one that makes one for battle is plain retarded, we are not going to make archery do reasanable damage to strentgh build and, oh, lets fuck the rest cuz who cares? they are cry babies anyways! Strength builds are made to resist to damage and do good damage but lose versatality and speed (maybe the trade off isnt fair but that's another thread about "STR is imba").

You talk about adapting, yes of course, when  game mechanics change. I was cav when the lance angle got changed, we all had to adapt, some more easier then others. But there is, imo, a difference between forcing all players to adapt to one class. And this is what you seem to put forwards, go STR or shielder or dont play battle....great...
now question is, was 2h dictating their game just because they didnt want to see archers? or was it justified nerfs?

you speak like i asked for all these archery nerfs...

I also like how you say everyone who agrees with me is a brown noser, massive fail understanding that your opinion is also just an opinion like mine.

I said this because the only reaction we got after your thread where :
meow for president!

Your speaking to deaf ears, Meow, I have been saying this for months. But players would rather change the game than change their style. Cause, afterall, they are HEROS! pfffffffft

there was no one that made a real response and no one came to really argue with you
But first I wish to answer to Meow post who posted his opinon and i thank him for that because he...

i know my opinion is just as valuable as yours...wasnt treating you like if you were a retard or elsewhat...

ps : saying archers cant fight inst true, i beleive in the tenne's school of archery : longbow 15 bodkins and a langes messer 1 slot that i use as a two hander. i get kills with both weapons.

ps 2 : i support your idea tears (i loled at the overdramatic posts, "YOUR KILLING ARCHERY QQQQQQQQQQQQ)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #610 on: April 12, 2012, 07:29:58 pm »
I would much rather see archers as most of them were historically. Wearing quite a bit of armor and armed with a melee weapon. They fire volleys into the enemy ranks, but if they get catched in the fray, they are able to defend themselves.

See, I used to do just that, but then this happened:
Oh god plate archers ---> WPF penalty ---> lower armor ---> omg melee archers! ---> Slot system ---> fleeing archers due to lack of melee capability.

So I am playing the exact class that the community forced upon me.

I used to use a Miaodao, now I use a stick.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 12, 2012, 07:30:46 pm »
So I am playing the exact class that the community forced upon me.
The community is a bunch of retards, don't listen to them.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 12, 2012, 07:32:36 pm »

Running away as an archer should be made less viable. They tend to have quite a bit of agi and barely any armor so they can outrun pretty much all infantry.

i looked at archer builds, they all seem to invest like 6 or 7 ath. i invested 5 ath and got 4 ps 50 wpf in 2h and 150 in archery.
I of course avoid combat but at least i can help a friend instead of stiking an arrow in its back. Or when i get in a fight, it goes on, he backpeddals and then i....run  :mrgreen:

I'd support this, but dont make it like in native where an archer can also be an elite meleer  8-)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:34:19 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 12, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »
No Lech, also a lot of things ARENT broken, and he doesnt change them, because archery is pathetic, ubernerfed, and UP. Spammy shielders are the most unnerfed at the moment, but you cant seem to accept that.

Spammy shielders are broken in their own special way. They are broken thanks to game engine. Are they most unnerfed ? No, there are few less nerfed classes around. And archers aren't up, they are op in battle mode actually.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #614 on: April 12, 2012, 07:40:18 pm »
Wait, Shields are now considered OP?

What the...