Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53840 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: archery..
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2012, 05:45:09 pm »

You have only 40 armour (average is about 50) which is low end for a melee user, and 18str with no IF so hardly expected to be durable. You probably got shot by an archer on an elevated position, closerange, moving towards him, and he got lucky with your sub-par armour chance.

EDIT: Likely a PD 7 Long Bow or Rus Bow archer, 6wm, to be specific.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:48:20 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2012, 05:48:22 pm »
Yes, it is, but archers should in no circumstances one-shot medium infantry except for headshots of course.

40 body armor is not called medium infantry, should be light-medium.  Also who shot you? Is it bagge? (Please do not include him in any list)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »
40 body armor is not called medium infantry, should be light-medium.  Also who shot you? Is it bagge? (Please do not include him in any list)

Bagge is his clanmate dude.... And he "only" has like 6 PD.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2012, 06:05:29 pm »
MW rus bow and MW bodkin is like what? 33 pierce = you shoot an awlpike per arrow, yes yes... buff archery please, especially so that archers with loomed shit can start shooting throwing lances. Pjupju.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2012, 06:07:28 pm »
MW rus bow and MW bodkin is like what? 33 pierce = you shoot an awlpike per arrow, yes yes... buff archery please, especially so that archers with loomed shit can start shooting throwing lances. Pjupju.

Never said buff it, my point is him being oneshot while in sub-par hp and armour was a freak occurence.

Though if anything, headshot damage from range really should be nerfed, or helms buffed against range.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2012, 06:08:15 pm »
Never said buff it, my point is him being oneshot while in sub-par hp and armour was a freak occurence.

Not really, I've been one shot by awlpikes a lot, so archers with the same damage potential it's not that odd it would happen.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2012, 06:09:43 pm »
Not really, I've been one shot by awlpikes a lot, so archers with the same damage potential it's not that odd it would happen.

Almost no archer can output my level of damage, most have 6 or 7 PD and could not have one shot him unless using speed bonus, copious amounts of luck on the armour varience, and being shortrange/elevated.

Awlpikes can gain one hell of a speedbonus just from the melee user spin stabbing (range does not get speed bonus from the firing unit)

Archers have the same base damage if using two slotters, not the same damage potential. Base and potential are two different things.

Also, you just compared a MW rus and MW bodkins to a standard unheirloomed awlpike, so how many of those awlpikes have oneshotted you thatwere heirloomed? Stop comparing apples with oranges here.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:14:00 pm by Tears of Destiny »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2012, 06:14:48 pm »
You probably got shot by an archer on an elevated position, closerange, moving towards him, and he got lucky with your sub-par armour chance.

Low to medium range, not running towards him. He was not at an elevated position. I don't know his build though. However with mail hauberk, mail mittens , 18 strength and full health you should be able to survive one arrow.

You have only 40 armour (average is about 50) which is low end for a melee user, and 18str with no IF so hardly expected to be durable.

Like I've said thousands of times already, I don't expect to be durable. I don't mind being one-shot by melee, arbalest, cav etc. and don't mind being two-shot by an archer (however getting two-shot on my main with 50 body armor 21 str and 5 IF is dumb), but getting one-shot by an archer in that is quite ludicrous. I can't see why you can defend an archer one-hiting a mail-clad infantry with full health. Two-shot? Sure thing. One-shot? I say bullshit.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2012, 06:19:03 pm »
Your main Gurni is an awlpiker that gets two shot by MW rus MW bodkin arrows with similar damage potential, I must say I find it rather amusing :) however also disgusting that archers can get such a stupidly high amount of pierce damage.

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2012, 06:19:16 pm »
Yes, fully clad in mail is definitely not even light infantry. This mod has obviously turned into a bunch of armor crutchers

Yes. This mode always have bunch of armor crutchers with sword of cookies and arbalest\xbow. So what?

So, you wanna have lightest nonloomed armor, 0 IF and be effective against fully loomed (bow\arrows) archer? Find noob archer without looms and kill him for pleasure.
Really, your suggestion slowly demote to Michael, Leshma and other professional weepers level.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2012, 06:19:53 pm »
Yes, bullshit indeed, Gurnisson, stop making it up.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2012, 06:22:45 pm »
Stupid Gurnisson thinking that this mod could possibly be about anything else than LOOOOOOMS!!!!!11!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2012, 06:28:50 pm »
Stupid Gurnisson thinking that this mod could possibly be about anything else than LOOOOOOMS!!!!!11!

What a dumb mod, if six heirloom points from a high PD can defeat a low-spectrum 0 heirloomed mail outfit protecting a non-durable melee build.

Mod is dead.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2012, 06:53:06 pm »
Your main Gurni is an awlpiker that gets two shot by MW rus MW bodkin arrows with similar damage potential, I must say I find it rather amusing :) however also disgusting that archers can get such a stupidly high amount of pierce damage.

Haven't used awlpike in like... months?

So, you wanna have lightest nonloomed armor, 0 IF and be effective against fully loomed (bow\arrows) archer?

Yes, mail is clearly the lightet non-loomed armor.  :rolleyes: All I've ever said is that I don't think archers should one-shot and I stand by that. Any non-retarded archer can get in two shots :)

What a dumb mod, if six heirloom points from a high PD can defeat a low-spectrum 0 heirloomed mail outfit protecting a non-durable melee build.

Missed the point yet again. I expect to die from projectiles and I do that a lot, but one-shot without speed bonus, nor from an elevated position, now really? Two shots on that build is okay, no problem.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2012, 07:01:54 pm »
Nevermind my previous post, Gurnisson, i believe you now, my 50 body armor/8IF/24str guy just got onehit by a lvl6 peasant armed with a stick! NERF PEASANTS! NERF STICKS!