Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53821 times)

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
Re: archery..
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2012, 07:09:27 pm »
i think it is normal if archers can easy kill some 2h or poledude, because archers cant do much vs shielders, so o think you want be protected against archer  then take more armor or shiled, shield on back reduced range dmg in your back anyway, archers have pretty crap dmg to arms and legs. so in danger will stay only head and body, come on stop cry then, btw ranged have DMG PENALTY in rain .
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2012, 07:10:56 pm »
I think being oneshot in light armour is okay, it seems like it doesnt happen often either. Which is why light infantry should have shields or atleast some IF. Medium + should always be 2shot+ tho, except for headshots.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:06:15 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2012, 07:15:29 pm »
Your main Gurni is an awlpiker that gets two shot by MW rus MW bodkin arrows with similar damage potential, I must say I find it rather amusing :) however also disgusting that archers can get such a stupidly high amount of pierce damage.

awlpike: 2 SLOTS

warbow/longbow: 3 SLOTS

warbow/longbow + bodkins: most expensive weapon ingame.

You pay the price: 3 slots, can run outa ammo, slow attack speed, cant block melee, cant rear horses.

Also, MW warbow and +2 arrows: Shot playername INSANE HORSE 7 times upper body. He say he have 1 hp left, so lets assume 8 arrows was the amout needed: ANYONE EVER SURVIVE 7 AWLPIKINGS? All solid hits no bounces. Maybe sometimes ppl do...not that I see tho.

BEFORE YOU RAGE: I like melee fighting, up untill this Gen all my looms were swords/shields/spears. I just dont feel that ranged ever dominated me, or was even very hard to defeat 1v1.

1 vs many: GANK is GANK when its done properly, noone can survive GOOD gank from any classes (and I DONT mean when over nine thousand nubs crowd around you in EU1, they are easykill, I mean GOOD gank, 2 guys close, pincer, synchronise attack, noone can block front and back at once). So when a zillion archers shoot me dead: its a GANK, same thing most likely happen when 5 melee guys close on you nicely, you die. Its shit, it feels unfair, but it happens.

If any of you think GANK is NOT gank, regardless of class, then they living in dream world where they are god's gift to online gaming.
I don't know enough

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2012, 07:16:03 pm »
+1
Except that you *don't* onehit people even in light armor, except for extraordinary circumstances. That just doesn't happen, lol.

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:14 pm »
give us the videos or i will never believe in that, i with mw arb and mw steel bolts only have little chance to 1 shot 40 body 18 str, and probably it was some sebastian with all loomed lvl 34 archer woth 10 pd .
I dont think it was me.
I didn't played crpg for 3 weeks, but yesterday I started it again and now I am able again
to 1shot light armored guys with a body shot... but I still deal less damage like it was in prepatch.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:20:04 pm by _Sebastian_ »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2012, 08:04:16 pm »
Medium + should always be 2shot tho, except for headshots.

What?

Getting 2-shot by anything not a max PD build is insane. Do you have any idea of how much effort it takes to get past some people's blocks nowadays?

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2012, 08:11:49 pm »
What?

Getting 2-shot by anything not a max PD build is insane. Do you have any idea of how much effort it takes to get past some people's blocks nowadays?

I think (and hope) he meant 2+ shots
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2012, 08:23:42 pm »
Some things to take into account with the damage calculator and therefore all the average damage numbers in this thread pulled from there:

1) Ranged damage decreases depending on how far the projectile traveled.  I believe the numbers that show up on the calculator are basically point blank shots
2) I don't believe the damage calculator is updated from the recent head shot/body shot changes, ie the actual current damage dealt would be lower than posted (confirmation would be nice)

So basically even our discussion about how much PD & damage it takes to 1 shot someone is being generously optimistic.

Gurnisson, I understand your point that you don't think arrows should be dealing 53 hp body shots to 40 armor.  My point is that they hardly ever do.  Like, ever.

* Minimum: 32
    * Average: 46.5
    * Maximum: 61

According to the calculator (again, best case scenario and likely outdated) this is the most damage you can deal with MW longbow, MW bodkins, and a 27/15 build with 3 athletics, 9 PD, 5 WM (aka a completely shitty build).  So even against the hardest hitting level 30 archer possible (you can go PD 10 at higher levels but just barely) you will most of the time take 2 hits to kill, sometimes taking 1.

You had a blue moon freak occurrence, not something worth demanding nerfs over.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:24:55 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 844
  • Infamy: 1080
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2012, 09:05:51 pm »
I think that we all agree that achery needs one heathly nerf.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2012, 09:05:55 pm »
What?

Yes 2shot+ xD my mistake!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2012, 09:13:45 pm »
i think it is normal if archers can easy kill some 2h or poledude, because archers cant do much vs shielders, so o think you want be protected against archer  then take more armor or shiled, shield on back reduced range dmg in your back anyway, archers have pretty crap dmg to arms and legs. so in danger will stay only head and body, come on stop cry then, btw ranged have DMG PENALTY in rain .

and ath is nerfed when rain i think

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2012, 09:16:49 pm »
+1

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2012, 09:17:43 pm »
The "get a shield" argument is so lame and sooooooo very much 2010. Really, we've been over that one many times, you can even add the slot argument nowadays. :rolleyes:

It sucked in 2010 even.

True story.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2012, 09:24:42 pm »
and ath is nerfed when rain i think

Then i prefer reload time longer for me, then to have crap dmg when it is rain, because inf has still same dmg.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2012, 09:58:31 pm »
Then i prefer reload time longer for me, then to have crap dmg when it is rain, because inf has still same dmg.

Inf lose speed bonus so overall lower damage there too. Rain is bullshit anyway. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.