Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53855 times)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Re: archery..
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2012, 04:21:49 am »
+7
LETS BE REALISTIC: top dmg archers have 3/4 slot weapon, that cost more than any other weapon.

This is Warbow/longbow + bodkins (1 or 2)

I must channel all my WPF into this weapon, or I will endlessly kill my teammates beside/behind me.
I must keep faith when arrow go thru your chest/face/butt and into teammate/horse/wall/tree behind you.
I must keep trying after I see many arrow stuck in air above/below buckler. (How is this not fixed yet?)
I must make accurate and instant predictions as to the movement of teammates and enemy players/horses.
I must plan each move since my dmg output has long cooldown, and large speed debuff.

This weapon does NOT allow me to block.

This weapon does NOT allow me to chamber.

This weapon does NOT allow me infinite DMG output (Sword dont run out of ammo).

This weapon does NOT allow jump attacking.

This weapon does NOT allow use of heavy armour effectively.

This weapon does NOT allow use on horseback.

YOU STILL DONT GET IT: Archery is not OP, if you think so you havent understood the game yet = An archer's main weapon is not his bow, or his 1/0 slot sidearm, just as a 2hander's main weapon is NOT his sword. USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD.

SIZE MATTERS

ALSO YOU *FORGOT* TO MENTION CERTAIN THINGS LIKE RANGE, BEIG UNBLOCKABLE AND STUNNING BUT THAT'S ALRIGHT, HUGE LETTERS = CREDIBILITY WE ALL KNOW THAT
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2012, 05:22:00 am »
Dammit, I knew I was doing something wrong.

To be fair though, arrows are blockable (shield duh) and stun happens with any damage.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:23:14 am by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Aleta

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • Game nicks: Aleta, Diavolo
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2012, 08:55:36 am »
+1
I liked you post Dez :)

It really seems when the archers are "responding" to things people say about their class type, they tend to just say: "It's not op", "archery is fine", "stop whining noobs" and "l2p". They don't actually come with any arguments. I have never said directly that archery is op, however I think archery needs a few fixes. These are:

• Making bows weigh a lot, removing/reducing archers ability to kite like they can now.
<-(This is just the silliest thing ever, extremely annoying and makes HA look honourable)
  • Only have the longbow deal piercing damage. (change bodkins to 5cut)
(Then longbow will be the heaviest hitting bow, which is suiteable with it's speed. I know a lot of people with small machine gun bows who instakill on headshots and 2shot kill on body ones, who has massive athletics to run from anything and wpf to hit people in the eyes from a kilometer away will whine about this)
[/list]

And that I think will "fix" archery. Longbow will hit hard as fuck, but be a bit slower than the others. For people who can't see it this change will buff the longbow quite a bit (since one can have piercing and +5 dmg, giving it 36 pierce), while nerfing the other bows slightly.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2012, 09:26:34 am »
Range isnt unblockable, shield. And it doesnt stun for longer than some things...............dezi......
I don't know enough

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2012, 09:30:23 am »
Range isnt unblockable, shield. And it doesnt stun for longer than some things...............dezi......

+1
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2012, 09:54:09 am »
Get 1 pt and throwing daggers, always hilarious to throw them in the back of kiter, you can even get a lucky headshot sometimes.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2012, 12:24:23 pm »
+3
Seriously, why do we all sill bother answering to rufio, leshma and all of the other lame dedicated 2handers  threads about archery???

PD: i want axes nerfed ... they break my shield ... thus disallowing me to own the game!

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2012, 12:35:16 pm »
you dont like archers- then go make your own only melee server and play there
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2012, 12:55:53 pm »

Blocking and chambering are essential when you're attacking things at range, yes. Buff archery.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2012, 01:14:20 pm »
+3
It really seems when the archers are "responding" to things people say about their class type, they tend to just say: "It's not op", "archery is fine", "stop whining noobs" and "l2p". They don't actually come with any arguments. I have never said directly that archery is op, however I think archery needs a few fixes. These are:
I think archers have responded well to plenty of posts/threads in the past, but it gets tiring to have to constantly defend yourself from the army of whiners.

If you go from native to cRPG you'll see how many nerfs archers have endured in the past.  Some of them were good, but it doesn't seem to matter how many times they get nerfed because some people seem to be unwilling to either learn or endure the fact that ranged will have the ability to kill non-shielded infantry at range.  We just got out of the worst ranged patch ever (watch my videos to see the relative uselessness of archers in last version: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,25190.msg363970.html#msg363970) and ranged has been reverted slightly, but still nerfed in damage from what it was before. 

When you have people who are suggesting that archery damage doesn't stun opponents (..wut?) and people who will take 50-70% damage from one level 33 MW longbow MW bodkin user and come crying onto the forums with their 'proof' archery needs to be nerfed (ignoring or ignorant to the fact that they took negligible damage from 20 other arrows from different people in a map before that one high damage shot)... then what else can you say as an archer? 

It's mostly people who refuse to change or adapt to the fact they can't run out into the open like heroes who want to see archery nerfed into nonexistence and who will never be happy until archery is removed or made so trivial it can effectively be ignored.  I don't consider those people to have an educated opinion on how game balance works since their mindset is so one dimensional, so I (and I'm sure others) am/are not willing to waste their time arguing with them...thus the 'archery is fine' one liners.

Regarding your suggestions, archers kite because slot system & skill point demands force them to go full archer and wield a 0-1 slot weapon often with low PS and no wpf.  They simply aren't going to be able to win many melee fights even if they have melee skills.  I know kiting can be annoying but if it was more possible to have a successful hybrid I bet we'd see more archers willing to engage in melee.  15/21 build is the only good one I can come up with.  Fun fact though - a 2 slot bow user will typically have no more than 6 athletics, and often the dedicated level 30 ones only have 3... that's hardly mega kiting ability.

Longbows used to be the only ones that could do pierce damage, but that was changed (imo for the better) to allow for some versatility.  Forcing all the other bows to have cut will be another overall nerf to the majority of archers and effectively force many to switch to the 2 slot longbow.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:35 pm »
Stuff

40 body armour, 18 strength, full health. One-hit by arrow. Enough said.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2012, 01:29:12 pm »
Did you take the arrow in the eye ?
Because that's pretty common http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_II_of_France#Death

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2012, 02:14:07 pm »
40 body armour, 18 strength, full health. One-hit by arrow. Enough said.

and people who will take 50-70% damage from one level 33 MW longbow MW bodkin user and come crying onto the forums with their 'proof' archery needs to be nerfed (ignoring or ignorant to the fact that they took negligible damage from 20 other arrows from different people in a map before that one high damage shot)... then what else can you say as an archer? 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:17:35 pm by MrShine »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
+1
Didn't get the point

I wouldn't have mind 50 - 70 %. But 18 strength, 40 body armour and full health, one-hit to the body. How can you defend that? It's way too silly. If an arbalest had one-shot me, no problem, they have high reloading time and all. Archers get too many positives for too few negatives.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2012, 02:35:10 pm »
I wouldn't have mind 50 - 70 %. But 18 strength, 40 body armour and full health, one-hit to the body. How can you defend that? It's way too silly. If an arbalest had one-shot me, no problem, they have high reloading time and all. Archers get too many positives for too few negatives.

give us the videos or i will never believe in that, i with mw arb and mw steel bolts only have little chance to 1 shot 40 body 18 str, and probably it was some sebastian with all loomed lvl 34 archer woth 10 pd .
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.