Poll

Should this Teamwounding Report System be Removed?

Yes remove this
No its useful

Author Topic: New Teamwounding Report System  (Read 13033 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New Teamwounding Report System
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2012, 03:49:37 am »
+1
It happened more than once that, me riding one direction, a teammate suddenly moves just in front of my horse and I manage to avoid the bump, only to see me dying to something else I would have avoided if I had bumped the guy.

Although many bumps are to be put on the cav shoulders, infantry has to understand that closing their eyes, hands over their ears and shouting "nonono !" won't make the statement that it's entirely the cav's fault true. Horses don't have a thousandth of the agility of humans. It takes time to accelerate, decelerate and turn. A lot of time. That's why cav is mostly about timing and predicting and not about reflexes.

It is quite a rare sight these days, but their are people that are actually fighting in melee without going apeshit on their side movement and turning around the enemy like two dogs sniffing each other's ass. Those get very effective help from cav, even bad cav.
Even better, there are fighters clever enough to take a step back when they see or hear cav support coming.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2012, 04:56:16 am »
Urrr I chase cav. I rarely engage inf unless there's no more cav. The reason I bump inf is stated above...because I chase cav, and shoot down cav horses. That's always been my main role. Christ it shouldn't be this hard to explain. Sounds like someones just a little mad for no reason. It also took you this long to realise I was HA...wasn't there enough to give it away?

Besides if I stopped in the middle of chasing a cav just to avoid a few inf, if I was moving at speed, that would likely mean my death.
FAR better for your team mates to die then you. How fucking hard is that to understand. Twat.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2012, 08:25:29 am »
I'd like to have the option to disable the messages. 

On battle it's not that big of a deal but on siege when everyone is fighting on the flag it can be worse than kick polls as far as obstructing vision.  These screenshots aren't the best examples but when the screen is filled with them it's harder to see what I'm doing.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2012, 09:17:14 am »
If I'm chasing cavalry and happen to bump a few team mates on the way, I consider it worth it. Cavalry will do more damage than my bump ever did. I rarely get the kill on those cav, I just shoot their horses then inf pick up the kills. If I didn't do that there is a large chance you would get lanced at some point anyway. So yeah...deal with it.

I can't speak for lancers, but that's what I do.
Running over teammates because you're chasing cav is exactly as shitty a reason as swinging through teammates because you're trying to get the kill. If there are friendly infantry in your way, then you SHOULD avoid them. And if you actually have to run through them in the first place to continue chasing some horse, then that horse is not an immediate threat to them. Infantry are just as useful at downing horsemen as HAs.

It's true that rarely is a teambump accidental, but it's also true that most teambumps are due to the idiocy of the rider. Yes, it's not that rare for infantry to be at fault, but far more often, it's the rider's fault.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2012, 12:30:42 pm »
FAR better for your team mates to die then you. How fucking hard is that to understand. Twat.
Indeed it is. If there's a choice between me dying, and a team mate dying, I'm afraid I'll be selfish and nominate the team mate.

Running over teammates because you're chasing cav is exactly as shitty a reason as swinging through teammates because you're trying to get the kill. If there are friendly infantry in your way, then you SHOULD avoid them. And if you actually have to run through them in the first place to continue chasing some horse, then that horse is not an immediate threat to them. Infantry are just as useful at downing horsemen as HAs.

It's true that rarely is a teambump accidental, but it's also true that most teambumps are due to the idiocy of the rider. Yes, it's not that rare for infantry to be at fault, but far more often, it's the rider's fault.
I consider it a perfectly valid reason. Kafein explained the situation relatively well above. Most of the time those friendly inf I bump will be near some enemies. If I turn to avoid them, or out right stop, then there's a very very strong chance I'll be dead. In all honesty inf has a far better chance of recovering from a bump and surviving, than me getting stuck in the middle of melee and surviving.

Haha o god. Most infantry are so clueless to cav. It's interesting to spectate and just see how few inf actually pay any attention to cav on the map. And then there are complaints that cav has been OP. If cav go down, it's usually due to other cav or archers. Inf are always far to busy meleeing to care.

Anyway...these are still relatively exceptional cases. I'm not saying I do this every damn round, but it does happen. I just think adding bumps is a silly idea.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:32:54 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Bazinga

• Count
  • Renown: 181
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Bazigna
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2012, 01:30:52 pm »
+2
I'll just kill your horse, if I see you coming at me, better you than me right?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2012, 01:34:49 pm »
I'll just kill your horse, if I see you coming at me, better you than me right?

Go ahead.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2012, 01:46:46 pm »
While horse bumps are often the fault of the person getting bumped moving into the way of your horse and you not being able to dodge, teamhits in melee are also like that with teammates getting in the way of your swings all the time. Shouldn't be any difference between them.
Bumps are the fault of kill hungry cav with no regard for their teammates. How should infantry keep out of the way of horses when they are all over the map?

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2012, 03:42:51 pm »
Class prejudice makes teamplay crap.

Infantry lead enemy infantry into horseman's attacks. Cav lead cav over teams spears.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2012, 04:22:25 pm »
Bumps are the fault of kill hungry cav with no regard for their teammates. How should infantry keep out of the way of horses when they are all over the map?
Quite a few bumps are due to kill addicted cavs/fucking jerks on plated chargers who simply ride over their team-mates with no reason to rush, easily being able to avoid them, but decide not to because those plated plated charger riders think they're better than everyone else, and then start a kick/ban poll when someone attacks them..
But quite a few are also due to infantry jumping in front of the horse...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »
This system requires the playerbase of cRPG to act maturely and to put judgement over irrational thought.
Discuss

Most of the module depends, or did depend, upon this, sadly I think it is beyond the capabilities of most.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2012, 04:32:59 pm »
Most bumps are accidental. This is for intentional teamwounding. Not every time you take a hit by accident.
Most teamhits are accidental, too.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2012, 04:34:36 pm »
+1
I'm not interested in reading through 9 pages of... whatever it may be. However, a suggestion that's been brought to question many times is the "Why not have the reports go to admins, and only when a person has been reported 5 times or so, instead of kicking players who may or may not be drunk while playing and accidentally teamwounding in the heat of combat?".

But yeah, why not? It simply helps Admins determine if someone is meaning to teamwound, and they can investigate it further. Even though I've not seen many people get kicked by this feature (at least those who haven't meant to teamwound), it's still a possibility and still extremely annoying. The chat is always filled with the text that tells us who reported who and what not. It's too much.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
Most teamhits are accidental, too.

They are. But that's why I disagree with this system entirely. I just don't think giving people a button to pressed that's supposed to be used only for 'intentional' team wounding is a good idea. It would be even worse with bumps from the rage pov. Most inf hate being bumped by cav with a passion, so I'd bet most would instantly accuse out of rage.

Regardless, playing with my hoplite a bit and supporting normal meleers, melee now looks quite amusing to watch. If there are groups of people everyone's so scared of hitting another person that the fighting looks static and pretty boring with people constantly cancelling attacks and just hacking up and down with their weapons because they are afraid of swinging.

I personally like the chaos of battle/siege usually. Being teamhit accidentally is part of that chaos. Now it just looks silly.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:08:20 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2012, 05:14:12 pm »
if horsebumping gets reported like people getting reported for punching, thats retarded...

going at slow speed and sligth hitting an inf(even if it does no damage) brings a report there will be serious abuse( And Zisa will be the first one to do it).

if cav you always have to be in movement, and cav will get griefed so hard by people just jumping into their routes. Unlike inf, horses cant suddenly dart right and left, a horse trajectory is more predictable then inf.

to not get reported as inf, dont be such a spamming moron...