Poll

Should this Teamwounding Report System be Removed?

Yes remove this
No its useful

Author Topic: New Teamwounding Report System  (Read 13198 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: New Teamwounding Report System
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2012, 01:37:40 am »
yer saying cav is too stupid to be held up to the same standards as everybody else?

No because horse bumps aren't much of a problem in the intentional team wounding side of things.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2012, 01:45:36 am »
not all crpg is ranged, some of them still fight ...

You know that even people, who's main char is a ranged class, have usually played melee or even have one or more melee chars? Thus they know what they are talking about :rolleyes:

I can fight even on a siegeserver without hitting all my teammates half the time. It's about timing and caring, not about spamming  :rolleyes:

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2012, 01:49:50 am »
+2
No because horse bumps aren't much of a problem in the intentional team wounding side of things.
They are not a problem for you, you fucking idiot, because it is not you that gets knocked down then killed because of them. But enjoy your immunity while running through 5 team mates to get that one guy.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2012, 01:53:27 am »
You know that even people, who's main char is a ranged class, have usually played melee or even have one or more melee chars? Thus they know what they are talking about :rolleyes:

I can fight even on a siegeserver without hitting all my teammates half the time. It's about timing and caring, not about spamming  :rolleyes:

This. If you can be careful in Battle, you can be careful in Siege.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2012, 01:54:59 am »
They are not a problem for you, you fucking idiot, because it is not you that gets knocked down then killed because of them. But enjoy your immunity while running through 5 team mates to get that one guy.

Most bumps are accidental. This is for intentional teamwounding. Not every time you take a hit by accident.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2012, 02:06:29 am »
+2
Most bumps are accidental. This is for intentional teamwounding. Not every time you take a hit by accident.
By accidental you mean poorly thought out routes designed for YOUR KDR and to hell with whoever is in your way.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2012, 02:19:35 am »
By accidental you mean poorly thought out routes designed for YOUR KDR and to hell with whoever is in your way.

If I'm chasing cavalry and happen to bump a few team mates on the way, I consider it worth it. Cavalry will do more damage than my bump ever did. I rarely get the kill on those cav, I just shoot their horses then inf pick up the kills. If I didn't do that there is a large chance you would get lanced at some point anyway. So yeah...deal with it.

I can't speak for lancers, but that's what I do.

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2012, 02:24:49 am »
This is great. No more teambumps just to nick the kill in the final moment. Awsome! :)
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2012, 02:47:20 am »
+1
Like i said previously imo this system is great. Accidental teamhits should not always be reported but even if they are and you manage to make 5 teamhits turning one map you are simply a careless player and need to change your playstyle. This system can't really be abused by anyone if you as a player are careful.

Ofc it would be great if admins could handle all these situations turning the battle but that simply can't be done. Also, problems with admins dealing with these situations is that they can really only punish people who revange tk and tk intentionally. However people who don't give a shit about their teammates and just hack carelessly through them to get a hit off at the enemy will go completely unpunished. Your pretty much allowed to be as careless and teamhit as much as you want as long as it's not intentional. This system imo deals with that problem. Already playing in EU1 seems for me to be more bearable.

Also, about kicking / punching for "lols" intentionally while doing no dmg, i see no problem at all with people reporting it. Sure, if it's your mate or someone you know dosen't mind it go ahead and do it but some people might still get annoyed by it even if it does 0 dmg, so imo report there is justified.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:48:35 am by Cyber »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2012, 03:12:05 am »
+1
If I'm chasing cavalry and happen to bump a few team mates on the way, I consider it worth it. Cavalry will do more damage than my bump ever did. I rarely get the kill on those cav, I just shoot their horses then inf pick up the kills. If I didn't do that there is a large chance you would get lanced at some point anyway. So yeah...deal with it.

I can't speak for lancers, but that's what I do.
You are a HA and run team mates over? Fuck you do suck and are a prime reason bumps SHOULD count. At least enemy lancers have the balls to get close enough for retaliation, you prance over your team mates and think your puny arrows justify putting any number of team mates on the ground - team mates who no doubt just wished they had swung at your dumb ass.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2012, 03:21:24 am »
+1
You are a HA and run team mates over? Fuck you do suck and are a prime reason bumps SHOULD count. At least enemy lancers have the balls to get close enough for retaliation, you prance over your team mates and think your puny arrows justify putting any number of team mates on the ground - team mates who no doubt just wished they had swung at your dumb ass.

Urrr I chase cav. I rarely engage inf unless there's no more cav. The reason I bump inf is stated above...because I chase cav, and shoot down cav horses. That's always been my main role. Christ it shouldn't be this hard to explain. Sounds like someones just a little mad for no reason. It also took you this long to realise I was HA...wasn't there enough to give it away?

Besides if I stopped in the middle of chasing a cav just to avoid a few inf, if I was moving at speed, that would likely mean my death.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:27:58 am by Overdriven »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2012, 03:27:16 am »
Besides if I stopped in the middle of chasing a cav just to avoid a few inf, if I was moving at speed, that would likely mean 3 mins less waiting at the end of round. HOOFUCKINGRAY!

I really like HA.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2012, 03:28:16 am »
I really like HA.

And I really like you Dezi  :rolleyes:

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2012, 03:32:52 am »
And I really like you Dezi  :rolleyes:

Aw<3

So sweet yet so tender.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2012, 03:39:55 am »
While horse bumps are often the fault of the person getting bumped moving into the way of your horse and you not being able to dodge, teamhits in melee are also like that with teammates getting in the way of your swings all the time. Shouldn't be any difference between them.