Poll

Should this Teamwounding Report System be Removed?

Yes remove this
No its useful

Author Topic: New Teamwounding Report System  (Read 13375 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: New Teamwounding Report System
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2012, 05:16:09 pm »
+5
Teammates not hitting each other?

WHAT IS THIS SHIT MOD IS DEAD!

Also, I dont think I've ever in my life seen such a selfish, arrogant and obnoxious statement on HOW CAV BUMPING IS FOR THE BEST OF THE TEAM!

Most inf hate being bumped by cav with a passion, so I'd bet most would instantly accuse out of rage.

(click to show/hide)

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2012, 05:35:00 pm »
I try to avoid bumping teammates as far as Im able to. But still I sometimes do cause I can't turn around my slow rouncey fast enough or a teammate changes its direction. Also the hitboxes are a bit strange, I sometimes bump others when I think I clearly pass them.

What I really hate are cav that run through half the team right at spawn. Most dont do damage, it still is annoying. Dont do it!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:37:43 pm by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2012, 05:37:28 pm »
Well dealt with enough pointless rage from inf on this forum so what do you expect? I have no sympathy for inf if they get bumped. Happens to me all the time with my inf alts. Do I whine and moan? No. Why? Because I know that cav is likely more effective than I am on foot and it only takes 1 second for me to get up off the floor and continue fighting. Big deal.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:39:29 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2012, 05:41:20 pm »
Cos yer a twunt.
There are cav I would never report, and then there are careless assholes like you I would much rather dismount then press M, but carry on thinking you are not part of the biggest rage causing team wounding group. MY playstyle has changed exactly not at all.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2012, 05:45:08 pm »
Well the moment reporting a friendly bump works, cav will have to adjust a lot.
Like not riding through half your team to get the last kill and stuff. :mrgreen:
Needs a 15-30sec delay to prevent round start reports though.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:46:42 pm by Meow »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2012, 05:51:33 pm »
Cos yer a twunt.
There are cav I would never report, and then there are careless assholes like you I would much rather dismount then press M, but carry on thinking you are not part of the biggest rage causing team wounding group. MY playstyle has changed exactly not at all.

I do avoid team bumps most of the time. But there exceptional cases like the ones I have stated. Just because I'm arguing something happens doesn't mean its a constant occurance. Relatively I try and be as careful as a charging champ courser allows me. But there are always cases where you have to quickly weigh up the options and sometimes that means bumping inf.

Anyway I'm done with this.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2012, 05:55:33 pm »
Like not riding through half your team to get the last kill and stuff. :mrgreen:
Alternatively they need to not rush from spawn to get the enemy afk laggers and peasants, and/or back up first.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2012, 06:09:13 pm »
I'm not interested in reading through 9 pages of... whatever it may be. However, a suggestion that's been brought to question many times is the "Why not have the reports go to admins, and only when a person has been reported 5 times or so, instead of kicking players who may or may not be drunk while playing and accidentally teamwounding in the heat of combat?".

But yeah, why not? It simply helps Admins determine if someone is meaning to teamwound, and they can investigate it further. Even though I've not seen many people get kicked by this feature (at least those who haven't meant to teamwound), it's still a possibility and still extremely annoying. The chat is always filled with the text that tells us who reported who and what not. It's too much.
Why only when 5 reports happen? Admins should see it whenever a teamwound report happens. That way they can get a good idea of who's purposely teamwounding and who's reporting just to be an annoyance. But they can already do that. The bigger arguement would be to make it to where players themselves can't see the report messages flying around all over the place. But even then, I wouldn't want to do that because that would be like removing TK messages. With these reports visible to everybody, players can report other players to admins if need be. However, I would agree that there should be a way to turn these messages off if a player doesn't want to read them. They can be quite distracting/annoying for people.

Ha, suck it, less skilled riders!

Also, am I the only person who know how to jump with a horse? It's not just something you use when you want to get over a fence. I can avoid both lances and a single line of friendlies with my awesome jumping skills.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2012, 06:35:41 pm »
with my awesome jumping skills.

Yours or your horse?  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mookzen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:09 pm »
People don't seem to understand what 'intentional' means. That is all.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2012, 08:25:29 pm »
1. Ladders on Battle servers
2. This new ridiculous "intentional team-hit report system"

I think chadz used to be a good modder/coder but then he took an arrow in the brain so now he's thinking with this unusual piece of wood sticking out of his head.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/directory/d/donkey.asp
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2012, 08:46:22 pm »
I'll admit I did whine when I first saw this system implemented but after playing for a few hours lastnight, and following meow and Tzar's suggestion, I have to say that it actually works out fairly well. The times I did end up glancing off someone or half-hitting someone in the four or so hours I was playing I wasn't reported and likewise I didn't do the same, obviously, when someone hit me when the cluster just got too fucked.

The one time I did get reported was when I kicked someone in siege because I was raising the ladder and he stepped on it and then started raising it himself, but that report was warranted and I waited until he was finished raising the ladder to kick him and then explained why he was being a ninny.

As for the cav thing, after playing it for two gens I have to say there're very few situations where it's not the cavs fault for bumping a teammate. Although it does happen sometimes and just like in melee you can usually tell if it's intentional or they're just dumb and you should avoid them from now on, problem being cav is a bit harder to spot to avoid. You're saying you were chasing a horse and felt justified running over those teammates? What about the enemy cav behind you giving chase that now has some free targets? If you'd rather run over teammates to save your skin from the cluster fuck then why were you not staying on the perimeter of it and killing stragglers instead of endangering yourself and your teammates near you?
And how!

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »
Works good, it's just that if you get tked, there should be more than just report.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2012, 10:14:37 am »
Oh god these GKs... Oh man, you are the lamest rider ive ever seen in this game. As a rider with the "emergency brake for your horse" maped to my mouse, i must say you are the reason Cavalry has such a fame. Let me tell you, your attitude amuses and ashames  me at the same time. So you are better than anything else and that gives you right to run on friendly inf?. No you arent, and saying that is "ok" coz you are more important to your team than a simple "infantryman" its like being retarded but without that "Like". You arent better than anyone else, actually, that guy you just bumped, maybe that guy was going to kill 6 enemies, thing you wont ever dream in your horse wet dreams while you throw pink dildos at people. You are as important for your team as the next peasant. Riders should avoid allies at all costs, even if that means your death. Yes man, that is the way to go. If you screw it, you die, not other ppl die so you can run away. Your actitude is so gay and selfish i have no words to describe it. You and similar lamers to you (which GK is full of it) are the reason i refused to join your "GK" clan when i was asked. My horse would get sick playing hand to hand with lamers like you, and you know what?. My horse health is the most important for me. Have a nice day "Mr Important". I hope you nice stabs in the face.

PD: Can we get a system where you get your riding points removed for a set amount of time if you bump X times friendlies in the same map?.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:41:10 am by Trikipum »
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2012, 11:04:54 am »
Do I whine and moan? No. Why? Because I know that cav is likely more effective than I am on foot and it only takes 1 second for me to get up off the floor and continue fighting. Big deal.
Hahaha, let's see how cav manages without us foot soldiers fighting. It's always funny to see a horseman at the end of a round alone versus three enemies. He's at a loss what to do because they are actually aware of him, so he dismounts and dies.

Oh and that 1 second can fill you full of arrows and get you killed. So if I am more effective on foot than the average cav I have the right to whine and moan? Cause I'm quite sure I am.