Poll

Who is the most attractive woman and/or feminine male in the cRPG community?

Trippin; the Adonis of the cRPG community.
Balton; with his washboard fat rolls positioned to look like muscle.
Gorath; the merciless wife beater in which stems from his sexual inadequacy issues.
chadz; the guy who thinks that Trippin is funny.
Draedan; the attention seeking autist of whom is sad that no one cares that he is playing the game again.
1slander; the guy who wishes that he was a sexy woman, like Trippin.
Goretooth_ATS; the 600lb glutton of whom grinds 23 hours a day in order to get more heirlooms on his +23 bec de corbin.

Author Topic: Ask a girl anything  (Read 15355 times)

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a girl anything
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2011, 06:50:28 am »
So, there is this guy Balton... He iz SOOO great looking. DId you see his pictures???

I think that you are mistaken. He is merely taking a picture in good lighting and in a good angle in order to look good for his only friends in which reside on the internet. In real life, he probably looks a lot like yourself; acne ridden, ~250lbs, extremely ugly. You get the picture. Attention whores these days, so silly broski.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:32 am »
This!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think that you are mistaken. He is merely taking a picture in good lighting and in a good angle in order to look good for his only friends in which reside on the internet. In real life, he probably looks a lot like yourself; acne ridden, ~250lbs, extremely ugly. You get the picture. Attention whores these days, so silly broski.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:54:50 am by Quirian »

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2011, 06:55:05 am »
this thread fails so hard.

We have a dude asking a bunch of other dudes to ask him questions as if he is a girl.

http://www.tineye.com/search/8b3623389c3470cbc5147060d1e4fe37c74ec812/

Wow, I had no idea that I was so famous.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:31 am »

250lbs with abs, I'll take that.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2011, 01:18:18 pm »
snip

I've got other stuff to do, so not gonna answer to all the points now.

On climbing: That is true, bears and big cats are better climbers. But they're also very suspect to being poked in the eyes by sharp sticks while doing so. Being in a tree gives the humans a huge defensive advantage and even a single human could very successfully defend there if they had a sharp enough stick and enough will to survive.

What humans did or didn't do is very controversial and every now and then a "scientific study" pops out and says what we previously know is wrong. In "" because most scientific studies are nowhere near as reliable as people think, and just because there's science in there it doesn't mean the researches were intelligent or made the right conclusions.

So: I'm mostly basing this on my own reasoning and only drawing from certain theories/studies occasionally (evolution theory etc.)

There wasn't an alpha male in human tribes? Really? I'm genuinely interested, what's your source? That seems highly unlikely to me, and I find it extremely probable that if we (the modern humans) got thrown into a prehistoric setting now, the tribes would have an alpha male. It only makes sense - and why would the best fighter NOT assume control?

Since humans are relatively puny creatures compared to other things of our size, as you said, the alpha probably wasn't solely in charge of defending the tribe. As to infighting: you make it sound like the alpha position would be contested on a daily basis, many times. Not how it works and after the position is established, it would remain stable for a long time or unless some new adult male joins the tribe (and then it would more likely be something resembling a wrestling match until domination is gained and shown... so nothing lethal, (we've built in stuff to make it harder to kill humans as well) and nothing harming the tribe.)

In a hunter-gatherer society everyone had a role, yep. But losing a member also means there is one less mouth to feed and provide for, it's not such a huge loss. Depends on the original size of the tribe of course, though...

Also, I don't see how that assumes only one male in a group - it only assumes that the group has a dominant male.

About intelligence: yes and no, but both this subject (intelligence) and the one we're currently discussing are very, very wide and also related to eachother - to cover everything you'd have to write a few books.

I disagree with the latter points about alpha males and it being impossible - can you provide any sources/extra backing for that theory? Because otherwise it's just "no, ur rong" and "am not!"

After weapons such as crude spears were developed, humans became very competitive with other species, physically (kind of... the spear is a result of their intelligence).

But let's assume 50-50 ratio without an alpha male for a moment. That'd still support women sticking to as few partners as possible and men impregnating as many women as possible..

Also, this is longer than I intended it to be already.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2011, 01:58:22 pm »
There wasn't an alpha male in human tribes? Really? I'm genuinely interested, what's your source? That seems highly unlikely to me, and I find it extremely probable that if we (the modern humans) got thrown into a prehistoric setting now, the tribes would have an alpha male. It only makes sense - and why would the best fighter NOT assume control?

Because the best fighter might not be the smartest (they probably used wisest, though)?
Also ...

Sure, you can go around sleeping with betas and whoever you can find, but that's very unwise and you'll get left alone to die very, very fast. It just makes sense for survival to stick with one alpha male and his pack.

... it might be kind of better to have a "beta" who only has to feed you, than an "alpha" who has to feed 9 others. Kind of like it is today. Going back to Gorath, a woman becoming the third wife of a 10000$ earner will have less posh dinners than the sole wife of a 5000$ earner. Actually, this seems to be another aspect that hasn't been covered - is a girl that sleeps with many guys (for free, even worse) not unlike a foreigner who comes here to take our jobs?

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2011, 02:13:10 pm »
When I read this thread I get horny  :lol:

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2011, 02:50:50 pm »
cool discussion I started on page 2:D

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2011, 01:23:13 am »
(click to show/hide)

Well, again, interesting points. Again, a very very long post. I put it in spoilers for less wall of text effect -  for those deeply bored by it, its the spam section, so tough shit.

Just as a brief history of the idea we're discussing:

(click to show/hide)

First, the animal kingdom (where this idea was taken from):
(click to show/hide)

Secondly, the theory of the alpha male in a human society doesn't have any internal logical sense:

(click to show/hide)

I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2011, 11:58:58 pm »
Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:20:45 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2011, 01:25:58 am »
I am serious now, stop it, this posts are too long. This is spam section, keep it short and stupid!

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2011, 02:25:44 am »
do they have internet in the kitchen?

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2011, 04:38:42 am »
(click to show/hide)

I'm not impressed.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2011, 04:47:41 am »
Evolutionary sociology is an outdated method of thinking that hasn't done much except encourage idiots to pursue ridiculous conclusions in the name of 'science'. This thread stinks of it.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2011, 06:26:45 pm »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?