Author Topic: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team  (Read 16842 times)

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2011, 12:05:54 am »
Considering the admins here are doing the job for free, I think this shows the opposite of your claim.

It's not a job if you play at the same time.  :lol:

If you plan on enforcing rules then sit back, join spectators and do your damn job right. The way you do your "hard" job makes me volunteer too... to share the load you know.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2011, 12:20:54 am »
I've had one mishap with an admin on EU servers, probably a month ago or more.. Can't remember.. Anyway, I'm sure not every admins is perfect, but the admins on EU servers in my experience are far fairer and forgiving than admins on the servers run by ATS, I'm obviously biased in this view as most people on this forum probably already know, but I'm not some admin hating twirp or anything.

I don't hate admins for having the ability to kick and ban, I only have an issue with it when it's unjust, unfair and hypocritical, as all 3 are negative traits within human society which contradicts any good the people who show such characteristics do but what's worse is these kind of people live in a world where what they've done is completley correct and justified, even when it's clearly not, and that's through loyalty and ignorance and pride and its players who suffer when admins  act on decisions made bearing these 3 negative traits that are unjustly treated.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:23:30 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 01:54:07 am »
Lol, ur cute when ur raging, it also triggers your fantasy :D

I'm sorry, good sir, but I'm not mad and I dearly hope this is not 4chan, because your argumentation seems to be at that level. But you  also prove my point, so thank you and have a fine day.

Thou vexed?

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2011, 03:10:47 am »
All I can say is that an admin who dislikes 80-90% of his community, probably has standards that don't work well with the community. Kind of awkward for an admin.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2011, 01:04:00 pm »
It's not a job if you play at the same time.  :lol:

If you plan on enforcing rules then sit back, join spectators and do your damn job right. The way you do your "hard" job makes me volunteer too... to share the load you know.

Ok, wanna pay me money to sit here and admin a chan of 120 peeps?
Why on earth would you think someone would care to sit around 5-10 hours a day in spectator mode and watch the fights? Really?
If it makes me a bad admin because I dont do 5-10 hour totally free and boring work, well, excuse me, but you wont find anyone doing that!

I'm sorry, good sir, but I'm not mad and I dearly hope this is not 4chan, because your argumentation seems to be at that level. But you  also prove my point, so thank you and have a fine day.

Thou vexed?

Lol. Your funny :D

All I can say is that an admin who dislikes 80-90% of his community, probably has standards that don't work well with the community. Kind of awkward for an admin.

Hes not an admin anymore. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 01:06:35 pm »
I just can't help but cringe whenever i see the "vast majority of the admin team" pop up in recent unread topics.

Offline Ethaor

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 01:27:43 pm »
Just throwing in my 2 cents here. I don't play cRPG 10 hours a day even if i try to play on a regular basis on EU_1 only (just  to get depressed at my lvl 30 xp bar who im probably gonna see for the next 2 years) and as far as i can tell i have yet to witness any admin abuse but the insta map change maybe, wich is fine by me. Just for the record I've spent quite an amount of hours while Lilith were administrating the serv and he/she seemed to do the job just fine, with fair warnings and fair consequences.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »
If you plan on enforcing rules then sit back, join spectators and do your damn job right.

For free?

I actually found out today that I joined before the last wave of admins, making me _not_ a new admin :D

New admin = everyone who gained admin right after me and Growl.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 02:32:22 pm »
I actually found out today that I joined before the last wave of admins, making me _not_ a new admin :D

Lol Lilith, I remember your first day in crpg.....

As for this thread, it started when a smalldick's friend got banned for riding over teammates. It has nothing to do with admin abuse, admins seem pretty good:

All you stupid bastards who cant control your slashes in teamfights and throw stones/horsebump in spawn, kick teammate archers/xbowmen when they reloading, people who stand on ladders when teammate is trying to raise them, guys who hold their shield up with their 1 athletics and WONT GET FUCK OUT OF THE WAY while climbing a ladder, etc....If I was admin you would all be PERMANENTLY BANNED, so just be happy I never applied for admin. powers, cause 100% of you stupid cunts would be GONE.

To the OP:

STOP WHINING AND STFU, you dirty little scumtwat
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2011, 02:35:40 pm »
cause 100% of you stupid cunts would be GONE.

So when do you leave?
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 03:00:30 pm »
+1
If you plan on enforcing rules then sit back, join spectators and do your damn job right.

I'm not sure if you are kidding or not.

If you are not - how fucking spoiled are you? You really think that admins are supposed to just fly around and watch people? For real? They are not getting paid - they are given some extra priviledges because they are trusted members of the community. No one EVER thought about them as cRPG cops that do nothing else but look around for criminals. They are there so there is someone that can enforce stuff if people try to abuse the system, in whatever way. And as far as I am concerned, they are also free to just ignore being admin if they feel like it, because I can truly understand that it is a tiresome priviledge.

(Note: this is not about this topic, but in general, I have no idea what this thread is even about)
About admin abuse: no one is perfect, I have taken that into account. People can do wrong decisions, that happens, it is not good, but nothing that surprises me. It is a problem if it happens more frequently or more.. biased against someone in particular, but nothing like that has happened so far afaik.

To the point: if you feel like there is admin abuse, report it in the forum, as has been done, obviously. We will probably not check it out in detail, there is not enough time for that, but there might be consequences if something happens more than afew times.

In the future, there might be a more democratic approach - eventually the possibility to elect and unelect admins, because after all, they are supposed to represent the community.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 05:30:05 pm »
Good post chadz! I'm not joking, I'm serious about this.

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 05:54:07 pm »
I'm not sure if you are kidding or not.

If you are not - how fucking spoiled are you? You really think that admins are supposed to just fly around and watch people? For real? They are not getting paid - they are given some extra priviledges because they are trusted members of the community. No one EVER thought about them as cRPG cops that do nothing else but look around for criminals. They are there so there is someone that can enforce stuff if people try to abuse the system, in whatever way. And as far as I am concerned, they are also free to just ignore being admin if they feel like it, because I can truly understand that it is a tiresome priviledge.

(Note: this is not about this topic, but in general, I have no idea what this thread is even about)
About admin abuse: no one is perfect, I have taken that into account. People can do wrong decisions, that happens, it is not good, but nothing that surprises me. It is a problem if it happens more frequently or more.. biased against someone in particular, but nothing like that has happened so far afaik.

To the point: if you feel like there is admin abuse, report it in the forum, as has been done, obviously. We will probably not check it out in detail, there is not enough time for that, but there might be consequences if something happens more than afew times.

In the future, there might be a more democratic approach - eventually the possibility to elect and unelect admins, because after all, they are supposed to represent the community.

I completely missed this post so I'll answer you plain and simple: I was joking for the most part but was dead serious about "sharing the load" part - beacuse its really hard and I want to help, you know.

Seeing how this "job" is done here I assure you that I'm more than qualified to kick and ban people for vague reasons. As of this moment I'm ready to accept all adminstrating privileges and act irresponsibly without being paid. I don't want to be considered as a spoiled person that has no understanding for the time consuming efforts our admins undego every day. I'm a grown up man and I can do it to. Thank you.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 06:02:38 pm »
well what the hell.
delete his chars and let him be the observing admin seams like what he wants after all.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2011, 06:11:20 pm »
Being on a place where no one can reach you is a bad thing.

Actually, being in an unreachable place is allowed as long as you're not last man standing/delaying the round.