Author Topic: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team  (Read 16255 times)

Offline coolthulu

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FiftyFootPhallus
the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team
« on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:55 pm »
Let me just preface this all by saying I'm seriously not looking to ruin anyones day or anything and the opinion I've formed could just be due to a bad day on a few peoples ends.

I've been playing cRPG for about a week now, rarely getting on during common hours. I think it's a great fun mod with an awesome, helpful community. Last week I started hearing the opinions of a few players on the server regarding some of the admins (i'd never really seen one before, except some guy who occasionally kicked afkers and did tests) so I just dismissed their opinions as whining.

Earlier today my friends and I played with what appeared to be a relatively full admin staff, at least 4 that I could tell for certain. I've got to say, the things I previously disregarded as butthurt whining were proven to be pretty much true in every way. I was warned of power-hungry staff who spend more of their time oppressing people to affirm their authority than they do playing the game or supporting a positive playing environment; a statement which was proven to be not far from exaggeration. Yeah yeah, whatever. So what actually happened?

I was bored of working and joined the server for some shenanigans. While playing, I began to notice people getting kicked for increasingly sillier reasons, someone by the name of  'Lilith' seemingly trying their best to pry for any reason at all to kick or assert their authority over anyone. First it was anyone who more than one person claimed was AFK or leeching, next it was not using a weapon, next it was not wearing a sufficient amount of armor... they were quickly joined by another admin, who doubled the efforts of banning/booting people. While I agree most of these reasons are grounds for punishment or warnings; I was watching the chat log of the kicks/bans, while standing behind this Lilith admin, who was wearing absolutely no armor and using a polearm to bumrush 3 shielders.

Nearing the end of a round of which I had died rather quickly in, I was spectating an archer fool around on  a rooftop. He was on an easily accessible roof(required no ladder) and was shooting at someone at least once every 4 seconds, being shot at much more frequently. It was to my surprise that when the lone archer was the last left on his team, an admin with the 'Merc_'(maybe 3 letters?) tag ordered, "get down." 5 seconds later, archer guy got kicked.

From the rampant lack of humor which the admin staff openly boast, to the general buzzkill all the powertripping provides, I just wanted to bring up these issues here: Sorry if anyone else has before me - it did seem the general feeling of the players who were on at the time were relative to my own, but seriously dudes, chillax. It's a game. The server's just as full at night when few to no admin are around and runs just as smoothly(if not better) without the rampant dbaggery. And if the admins on that server are also admins here, I just hope they have the courtesy to leave this complaint open or reply to it, cRPG is fun but my friends and I don't feel like playing it if thats the sort of environment we're guaranteed.

tl;dr yo eu_crpg_1 admins, chillax

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
Re: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:03:20 am »
All that time... All that time They were just booting people... Booting

People

Per

Round...

And there's nothing you can do about it
Whispered the abusive Admin...

In all seriousness, (Which I do very rarely for this mod now) you should probably stay off there as much as possible. Sooner or later the server will have 50 people at peak hours.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:04:39 am by DrTaco »
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline coolthulu

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FiftyFootPhallus
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 06:02:34 am »
I just hope whoever owns the server realizes that the admin staff is F'd up. I doubt it's going to stop the server from being packed or anything, because it's the best option most times of the day.. so the sad part is really that the admin can troll and powertrip on as many people as they want because it probably won't have a dramatic effect on overall server health.

oh yeah, and of course I'm only talking about the 4 admins I saw doing stuff, if there's more I'm not judging them at all.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:31:48 pm »
I was bored of working and joined the server for some shenanigans. While playing, I began to notice people getting kicked for increasingly sillier reasons, someone by the name of  'Lilith' seemingly trying their best to pry for any reason at all to kick or assert their authority over anyone. First it was anyone who more than one person claimed was AFK or leeching, next it was not using a weapon, next it was not wearing a sufficient amount of armor... they were quickly joined by another admin, who doubled the efforts of banning/booting people. While I agree most of these reasons are grounds for punishment or warnings; I was watching the chat log of the kicks/bans, while standing behind this Lilith admin, who was wearing absolutely no armor and using a polearm to bumrush 3 shielders.

Awww, ur talking about me! cool! :D
But you havent really noticed what happens, because some of your statements are way off.

First, I never kick someone because someone says the person is afk(except other admins). A lot of people are angry at me because of that, but I want to see the person standing there afk, give him a warning so he can respons (or she, absolutely), before I kick.

Second: Ive NEVER kicked or even warned someone for not using armor, only weapons. I even accept nude people, even if I dislike it.

Third: I never play naked, and if some bug makes me spawn without cloth, I actually quit the game to get some, even if its not against the rules to play nude.

Nearing the end of a round of which I had died rather quickly in, I was spectating an archer fool around on  a rooftop. He was on an easily accessible roof(required no ladder) and was shooting at someone at least once every 4 seconds, being shot at much more frequently. It was to my surprise that when the lone archer was the last left on his team, an admin with the 'Merc_'(maybe 3 letters?) tag ordered, "get down." 5 seconds later, archer guy got kicked.

Being on a place where no one can reach you is a bad thing. Were so tolerant that we allow this as long as theres someone on a reachable place. If he was on an easy accessable roof on the other hand, he shouldnt be kicked. Tho, reading the 3 incorrect observations over, I wont take your word for it.

From the rampant lack of humor which the admin staff openly boast, to the general buzzkill all the powertripping provides, I just wanted to bring up these issues here: Sorry if anyone else has before me - it did seem the general feeling of the players who were on at the time were relative to my own, but seriously dudes, chillax. It's a game. The server's just as full at night when few to no admin are around and runs just as smoothly(if not better) without the rampant dbaggery. And if the admins on that server are also admins here, I just hope they have the courtesy to leave this complaint open or reply to it, cRPG is fun but my friends and I don't feel like playing it if thats the sort of environment we're guaranteed.

Well, as shown over, your complaints is not correct. Still, this thread is not deleted. So your hint of us being abusing admin powers to remove this thread is also incorrect.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:21 pm »
I just hope whoever owns the server realizes that the admin staff is F'd up. I doubt it's going to stop the server from being packed or anything, because it's the best option most times of the day.. so the sad part is really that the admin can troll and powertrip on as many people as they want because it probably won't have a dramatic effect on overall server health.

oh yeah, and of course I'm only talking about the 4 admins I saw doing stuff, if there's more I'm not judging them at all.

This is harsh. Youve had no accurate complaints except one where we should take your word for a roof being easy accessable. You havent pointed out any trolling or powertrips. Also, youve ONLY talked about two admins, while repeatidly stating your disappointed about 4.
You should not be so quick to judge, try to find out whats happening first.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 02:59:31 pm »
I remember my friend got a three day ban for horse bumping in the spawn. Horse bumping which does no damage to friendlies in the spawn seeing as the horse is moving at so little speed.
I also remember when Lillith said "next person to tk will be treated as an intentional tker"
Lillith then tk'd a low and behold, stayed in the server
I asked, rather reasonably "Isn't that admin abuse"
Reply "Yes it is"

So straight from the horses mouth...
Can we have a review of EU1 admins please?

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 03:05:03 pm »
or screenshots of that cause i'm pretty sure i saw you tking your whole team multiple times sadly i do not have screenshots to prove it  :mrgreen:

i totally agree that more warnings would be a good thing and more kicks instead of bans would be nice but jumping on the bandwaggon now bringing up random stuff that might or might not have happend is just lame.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 03:08:37 pm »
What I get from this thread: cry cry, whine whine, ZOMG ADMIN ABOOSE, FREEEEDOOOOOOOOMMMMM!

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »
I remember my friend got a three day ban for horse bumping in the spawn. Horse bumping which does no damage to friendlies in the spawn seeing as the horse is moving at so little speed.
I also remember when Lillith said "next person to tk will be treated as an intentional tker"
Lillith then tk'd a low and behold, stayed in the server
I asked, rather reasonably "Isn't that admin abuse"
Reply "Yes it is"

So straight from the horses mouth...
Can we have a review of EU1 admins please?

I was one of those who got hit. I received about 3-4% damage both times (yes, when he turned to bump me again, which he admitted to do).
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1070.0.html

Yes, a couple of times when a lot of people have raged into a tk-massacre where you dont know whos the starter Ive done stuff like that to stop the tking. Ive ofc only ment in that group. What do you want me to do? Let me kill each other by doing nothing?  Starting a long interregation from people who dont reply to find out who started it? I dont really get what you think I did wrong here.

You think that solution should result in me banning everyone who was not in that fight, including myself? This is not reasonable at all!

And you earlier complained about humor, why cant you take my reply as what it was, an obious (in that situation) joke? Oh yes, I didnt ban anyone at all for tking that round, no seriously, I didnt!
So whats the abuse?

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 03:17:02 pm »
The vast majority.............4 admins you know since you have started playing last week..............Dude, there are about 20 EU admins.

If you want to play Djihad you need to do your homework kiddo.

But meh, about 80, 90 % of this community are kids, drunk people, drunk kids, no lifers with low intelligence/ mental age and other scum, so I d say welcome, you fit in perfectly.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 03:24:12 pm »
He would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling admins.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 03:25:07 pm »
I have seen lots of admin abuse in my days of playing cRPG.

Most of it comes from the 'unintentional admins' like Michael & Lilith.

If you go to the unban thread they two are representative for 90% of the threads there :/

Not really

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 03:31:13 pm »
Meep meep? *kitteneyes*
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:38:30 pm by Lilith »

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 03:36:30 pm »
Feel free to give an url to a post that shows that Ive abused.

Always read the small print. =O

Offline Aylgifia_bouli

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: pecores
  • Game nicks: ALL THE BOULIs AND BOULAs
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 03:39:03 pm »

But meh, about 80, 90 % of this community are kids, drunk people, drunk kids, no lifers with low intelligence/ mental age and other scum, so I d say welcome, you fit in perfectly.

This kiddo thing is getting popular . cant you guys talk seriously for a sec and stop with the insults ?
if someone is wrong ,theres no need to act like and ass . you wont show that you're smarter by playing tough
but i guess "it takes one to know one"
- peace , one love -
boulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouli