Author Topic: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team  (Read 16254 times)

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
Re: the vast majority of the EU_cRPG_1 admin team
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2011, 01:54:50 pm »
I remember my friend got a three day ban for horse bumping in the spawn. Horse bumping which does no damage to friendlies in the spawn seeing as the horse is moving at so little speed.
I also remember when Lillith said "next person to tk will be treated as an intentional tker"
Lillith then tk'd a low and behold, stayed in the server
I asked, rather reasonably "Isn't that admin abuse"
Reply "Yes it is"

So straight from the horses mouth...
Can we have a review of EU1 admins please?

Horse bumping should be intolerable as far as it goes when it comes to obvious bullshit. Horses can wait until people move out of the way or even turn around and flank our team to get to the enemy. I had a little Templar friend who just went to town horse bumping me at least 5 times going back and forth. So after that, I took out my trusty (75 WPF...) throwing axes and threw two of them in his general direction. Afterward I exclaimed "That shit is annoying" or something of the like. Needless to say he stopped. I don't think any admins were in the server, but the point is douchbaggery with a horse is annoying. Most horsemen also run you over at spawn purposely to get onto the field more quickly. I don't care if it doesn't do any damage to me, the point is some people do it for pure trolling.

BUT, that doesn't have much to do with the OP.

OP, I have seen several threads locked on the forums, those threads being complaints about admins. Now, the only reason this wasn't locked is most likely because the other threads OP's were screaming and stomping their heels around. This thread isn't really doing that. However, supply screenshots for the community to get behind you and support you on the subject. Some admins just have a bad day and don't want to have to baby people around on the servers, which they constantly do, I've witnessed. Easy way to stay on the good side: Post friendly things in chat, wear weapons (most of the time armor, too.), ignore other stupid players, rage only on your VOIP ( :lol:), and don't camp places. Lastly, don't be a general douche. Some admins abuse powers, but it's hard to blame them at some points due to the fact that anyone and everyone else would most likely do the exact same thing in their shoes at the given time.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2011, 02:02:39 pm »
Admins get blamed when they don't switch from a shitty map, like the 2 castle maps, to something balanced.

To my embarrassment I remember raging at Random_Dude for not changing map (presumably because he was defending and getting a nice multiplier).

Then being gobsmacked by the idiocy of the moment when he tried to put it to a vote... Delaying tactics or really that dumb? ... Pfff I give up.

Point is that since everyone with at least half a brain seems to hate those maps unless they are defending: Why are they in the cycle?

(Sorry for not reading the thread and being offtopic)

edit:

Read the OP and didn't agree. Lilith is a treasure, we're lucky to have an admin that makes so much effort. No nonsense, diligent caretaker yes, but powertripper no.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:13:47 pm by Vance »

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2011, 03:07:34 pm »
Why I've never been kicked from the servers ? Why I never had a problem with the admins ?

Well, if you don't like EU_1 then go join EU_2.

Just like me ^^

The funny thing is, the Eu1 admins and the Eu2 admins are the same. Secret, they are called Eu Admins for a reason.
Your comment is a good example for this community: Some guy who plays this mod for three days or something, misbehaves, gets caught and punished, starts some rumours and many many people believe him, he is the innocent one, the admins are bad bad people.

The EU Admins are, or at least most of them

- donators
- present on irc and/ or the forums almost every day
- playing crpg from the beginning/ for many months
- more mature than the average crpg player
- are doing a pretty good job since weeks

I play usually 10 hours or more a week, and this community should be grateful to have admins like this.

On my journeys, I have seen much worse admins.

Okay, some Admins, Thomek and Wookimonsta in the first place, once in a while, change a map they dont like. That shouldnt happen.

Lilith tends to kick players for "delaying the round", while they are fighting. That shouldnt happen.

These are minor mistakes, and definetly not enough to ask to remove admin-status from them. They are still learning, and with more experience, they will get better.

All others, I have never (not once) seen them abuse their power in any possible way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 03:24:09 pm »
Lilith tends to kick players for "delaying the round", while they are fighting. That shouldnt happen.

What?!?
No, I dont. If they hide or are last man standing refusing to get down from that place where their enemies cant reach em at all, yes, but thats hardly "while they are fighting".

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 08:07:33 pm »
well, this thread has convinced me to just ban people rather than tell them what they are doing wrong. Great work.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »
Admins get blamed when they don't switch from a shitty map, like the 2 castle maps, to something balanced.

To my embarrassment I remember raging at Random_Dude for not changing map (presumably because he was defending and getting a nice multiplier).

Then being gobsmacked by the idiocy of the moment when he tried to put it to a vote... Delaying tactics or really that dumb? ... Pfff I give up.

Point is that since everyone with at least half a brain seems to hate those maps unless they are defending: Why are they in the cycle?

(Sorry for not reading the thread and being offtopic)

edit:

Read the OP and didn't agree. Lilith is a treasure, we're lucky to have an admin that makes so much effort. No nonsense, diligent caretaker yes, but powertripper no.

i usually just switch the map if that siege map comes up in battle but then i started to worry i was "abusing" my powers and so i figured id start to ask the rest of the players before map change sometimes

if you mean the map that isnt in siege but does have a castle - that's been in battle since i was playing that i can remember and i had to ask for a vote twice (trying to be nice) to get a consensus but basically most players werent bothered so if i didnt change it it's because the majority were "meh" and how can i justify a map change to make 2-3 vocal people happy?

not everyone hates that map as attacker either - plenty of times my team won when we used ladders and actually didnt just mob the gateway and die screaming "WTF IM DIEING! WTF IM LOSSING/LOOSING!"

like i said earlier - u can never live up to everyones expectations of how you should perform as an admin and its sometimes a no-win situation

to think that i would/wouldnt map change because of what team i was in or multiplier is stupid though as everyone knows that RandomDude = Winning team  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:48:58 pm by RandomDude »

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2011, 10:09:36 pm »
When you realize admins think its fine to ban donators without a warning then its time to pack your shit and move on.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2011, 10:12:54 pm »
When you realize that donating is voluntary and does not grant you any special privileges (or so it is written on the website) then you can than stop being dick in game and follow the rules.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2011, 11:09:15 pm »
When you realize admins think its fine to ban donators without a warning then its time to pack your shit and move on.

You're right, I should check the donation list before I ban people just to check if they're donators. In fact, we'll need the exact info on who donated how much so that the more you donate, the more offences you may commit.

Offline InqWiper

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: InqWiper, Sir_Lancealittle, Ukuppes, Samuelsson
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2011, 11:45:28 pm »
I think the admins are doing fine in general but sometimes they seem quite abusive.

One time for example I was alone left on my team against 5 enemies and on a horse. I was charging back and forth several times lancing them and managed to kill 4 of them but was kicked by Lilith shortly before the time ran out. I dont remember how much time was left but probably less than a minute, funny thing is that it was actually my team that had the x5 multiplier. I think it was about 100 people on the server at the moment, this was about a week or two ago, it was not very popular ;)

Lilith seems reasonable alot of the time but sometimes tends to be a bit overzealous.

I think some admins need to reflect a bit on theire behaviour from time to time and not be to eager to kick.
It´s not about the size of your sword, but the ferocity with which you thrust!

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2011, 12:08:45 am »
Nope, never done that.

I did kick a horse archer who was fighting TWO infantery once, which I got heavily negative response on, which made me more careful about kicking HA in the future (which I ironicly have gotten alot of critisism about too). But the situation your describing havent happened, its fantasy.

Sorry mate.

Offline InqWiper

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: InqWiper, Sir_Lancealittle, Ukuppes, Samuelsson
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2011, 12:21:36 am »
It did happen. I dont make shit up.

I dont know if we are thinking about the same situation or not but maybe you only saw me from when I ha aldready killed 3 of them. I was using a bow aswell towards the end because there was one with bow hiding behind a horse and I think one had a pike.
It was on the Field by River map or whatever its called. The battle was at the ruins.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:22:39 am by InqWiper »
It´s not about the size of your sword, but the ferocity with which you thrust!

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2011, 01:30:48 am »
Unfortuantly this can be a very very irritating game at times, with power comes great responsibility spidey,  i've seen mistakes, hypocrisy and general bad behaviour from admins, but most of the time there great. Get rid of the asshats, keep the game moving and do a damn good job. The few times they don't ah well thats pretty much life eh? everyone can fuck up and usually do.

Its a free mod with free servers, enjoy it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:34:52 am by Lamix »

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2011, 01:57:19 am »
You're right, I should check the donation list before I ban people just to check if they're donators. In fact, we'll need the exact info on who donated how much so that the more you donate, the more offences you may commit.

If that was the case, i could do some serious harm on the server :p

On to the point, i think its about time this thread gets locked. People sharing their experiences about admins are fine and all, but i feel stupider (is that even a word? See what you have done with me!) after reading this thread.. :(

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2011, 11:10:23 am »

Fail IQ.
Every single player you ban for vague reasons might be a a donor, not to say their donations and support might have been even more generous then your own. Some of you admins act like you're the only ones responsible for keeping this mod up and running but even if that was true, and its not, such behaviour would be wrong.

This community has been lectured by developers lately on how it should be tolerant toward admins because its humanly to make mistakes, yet players often get instanly banned without a warning for making mistake on the servers. I can tolerate mistakes but I can't tolerate bullshit.

Just wanted to make this last point clear. And try not to ruin this community and mod, its really fun and I enjoyed it while it lasted. Cheers