Author Topic: List of bugs BRD and their alliances expoliting  (Read 20627 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: List of bugs BRD and their alliances expoliting
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2011, 07:21:27 pm »
Personal opinion on the matter. I do not represent my clan.
~
BRD.
This is disgusting.

Very poor war you're waging, BRD. The Mercenaries actions may be far from laudable, but what I've seen over the course of the conflict shows me very poor sportsmanship.

Even if the Mercs are being underhanded, at least they have the decency to keep it under the table.

That "The_Announcer" stunt made me cringe a little, to be honest. That was a very poorly made choice. How can you not think they can track your IP?

You are not making yourselves "an enemy to be reckoned with," as I imagine you're trying to do. You're making yourselves something that people are going to be extremely wary about going into an alliance with. I foresee explicit terms and conditions in your future pacts.

You've made a poor choice in antagonizing the Mercs with such arrogance. Chances of you ever forming an alliance with the Mercs are shot (and vice versa, obviously). Even when one of you are in your time of need (believe me it will come), the dirty, mud-slinging war you have both waged will end up with the one faction watching the the other burn.

If Strat goes into a hard reset, you will not ally with each other. This will not be a "Oh it's just that round of Strategus" event.

Merc knows how you work now, and they will be extremely reluctant to go into battle alongside you.
~

As for Merc, I've heard rumors and speculation of what you guys are doing, but from my knowledge of you has lead me to be less inclined (but still inclined) to believe so. I do not think you're holy and bathed in a white light, don't get me wrong. Some of the stuff you guys have done is definitely questionable (pronounce it "Def-IN-it-lee," it sounds way epic). And there are rumors of your operations under the table.

BRD are good people and capable fighters (I talk to them a lot and are on good terms with most of them), and I'm shocked to see them waging such an openly underhanded war. I hope you will keep to your standards of conduct, whichever way this conflict goes.

Whichever side I find myself on this conflict (as a result of the greater powers that be), I hope the best for you guys. If not against the wave that you face, at least against the vultures and mongrels that circle, hoping for your death to steal your assets (ha ha "assets").
~

Again, personal opinion only. I've been watching this conflict and being silent far too long.

This is based on what I've seen and read and heard. My personal relations with either clan does not hold sway on what I've said.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2011, 08:03:48 pm »
+2
I think you take this game a bit too seriously.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2011, 08:07:10 pm »
+2
This is why things will get wiped. I hope everyone is happy about themselves.

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Real_Gamers
  • Game nicks: The_Real_Gorath
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »
+9
Dear BIRD CLAN,

How thoroughly disgusted I am with your actions.  At every turn you manage to undermine the game and find new ways to ruin the distinguishing features of cRPG.  I, along with many others, have had enough.  The following of this letter was drafted with the help of other clan members and leaders:

BIRD CLAN, as of now you have committed heavy acts of breaking from character.  If you were unaware, RPG is short for Role Playing Game.  You have done nothing but act like a modern putz, the kind that don't belong in the world of Calradia.  We give you two options:

1. QUIT:  As the samurai did to retain great honor, commit account seppuku and leave us.  We will not look down upon your leaving and we agree that it took respect for the game and courage.

2.  CHANGE YOUR WAYS:  We all believe someone can become someone else, is that not the reason we play this game to be someone new?  We believe you can be an integral part of this community but change only starts with you.

3.  AN APOLOGY:  No matter your choice, we would like an apology.  You have wasted much of our time on and off the game.  We make time to play our Strategus battles, we make sacrifices to participate, and your hijinks make it all go to waste.

If you do not meet any of our terms then we will have to forcibly remove.  The database intrusion is happening from somewhere and we have no issue saying "Whoever you are, ban all BIRD CLAN members from the database."

Until your decide, roost in your tower, BIRD CLAN.  My men are hungry and this War of Crows will surely drop much meat for them to feast on.

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2011, 09:02:11 pm »
+1
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2011, 09:03:11 pm »
+3
That "The_Announcer" stunt made me cringe a little, to be honest. That was a very poorly made choice. How can you not think they can track your IP?

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12684.0.html

Blackrose is BRD?

Or... did everyone miss that and jumped to conclusions as usual?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:09:01 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2011, 09:04:59 pm »
+2
Even if the Mercs are being underhanded, at least they have the decency to keep it under the table.

This is a very odd opinion to me. I want to talk hypothetical here, general terms, and not related to whatever is going on in this specific war. I'm not one of the intel guys that sees everything going on around the strat map. I'm just a player that joins battles when he can and maybe gets to enjoy some fancy text when I join a server.

Everyone uses underhanded tactics in war. That's just how it is. Only a fool enters a fair fight. How can one be decent while being underhanded? If Opponent A is openly using "cheap" tactics to fight, while Opponent B tries to keep their "cheap" tactics in the shadows, how is one more decent than the other? One is punching you in the face while the other is kicking you in the back. Both are dirty, but should be expected. When you're in a war, neither side comes out clean. Am I misreading this? I'll admit I'm pretty tired and probably going back to sleep after posting this.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2011, 09:24:39 pm »
+2
While I completely disagree with Dex in that being openly underhanded is any way worse than doing it "Under the table", I do agree that we should do our parts on both sides of the pond to keep these wars as clean as possible. I hate to see two very large, powerful respectable clans drag each other through the mud like this.

Best wishes, lads.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:32:14 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2011, 09:26:40 pm »
+1
I have fought at these battles and there is no leadership involved in such heinous actions from what PxC has observed, I have seen the mercs hide behind invisible barriers multiple times though, but if Chaos wants to believe baseless accusations............
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2011, 09:31:23 pm »
+2
We've stated a couple times in this thread that the opinions stated are in no way a reflection of the faction's opinions on this issue. In any case, what "baseless accusations" are you speaking of, exactly?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:37:07 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »
+2
I enjoyed the last fight alot, 200ping and fog with which I couldnt see 5 meters infront of me, I dced, and fog is a bitch for a xbowman, I can only hit anything with sniping enemy ranged that doesnt move , at close range I have to aim like 5 seconds infront of time to hit anything, what surprises is that some 9 months ago when I hanged around in NA servers as HA I was capable of getting great kill streaks and didnt have a problem facing Gash and other NA HAs in a HA duel, now I cant hit anything that moves, did NA servers change location? I even get the bolt flying out of my xbow animation, I jump away only to see bolt still in my xbow..
And im slowly seeing that point that these fights are just a goddamn pile of bullshit, makes me want to fight euros again, this is far from fun for both sides.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:37:24 pm by Mtemtko »

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2011, 09:36:51 pm »
+3
I enjoyed the last fight alot, 200ping and fog with which I couldnt see 5 meters infront of me, I dced, and fog is a bitch for a xbowman, I can only hit anything with sniping enemy ranged, at close range I have to aim like 5 seconds infront of time to hit anything, what surprises is that some 9 months ago when I hanged around in NA servers as HA I was capable of getting great kill streaks and didnt have a problem facing Gash and other NA HAs in a HA duel, now I cant hit anything that moves, did NA servers change location? I even get the bolt flying out of my xbow animation, I jump away only to see bolt still in my xbow..
And im slowly seeing that point that these fights are just a goddamn pile of bullshit, makes me want to fight euros again.

same here

I think spilt it is the best solution for both sides

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2011, 09:38:03 pm »
+2
Look there's a simple answer to all this: We need to go to Texas and sabotage Kalam's relationship with his girlfriend.  How dare he prioritize real life over his internet comrades.  How dare he...

Also Mtemtko yes the server not only moved, but changed owners.  You're used to playing on the Chicago Illinois server, which is closer to Europe than where the official servers are now, which is in Dallas Texas.
-idlewind

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2011, 09:50:49 pm »
+1
Look there's a simple answer to all this: We need to go to Texas and sabotage Kalam's relationship with his girlfriend.  How dare he prioritize real life over his internet comrades.  How dare he...

Also Mtemtko yes the server not only moved, but changed owners.  You're used to playing on the Chicago Illinois server, which is closer to Europe than where the official servers are now, which is in Dallas Texas.

actually i think they moved the new servers to chicago recently... sooo its the same. maybe that why im doing well now? no more 110 ping on the NA servers lol

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2011, 09:53:50 pm »
actually i think they moved the new servers to chicago recently... sooo its the same. maybe that why im doing well now? no more 110 ping on the NA servers lol

I used to have a stable 160 ping on NA 120man server (or 80), now its jumping from 200 to 450..  With 160 I could actually block NORMAL swings (feints too but I cant block normal swings with 200ping, same with the bolt animation, I see my sword blocking, nothing happens in reality, they just go through) So it must be a different server.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:00:17 pm by Mtemtko »