Author Topic: Why was i banned?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Torak252

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Why was i banned?
« on: August 06, 2011, 04:19:20 pm »
I would like to know why i was globally banned i haven't done anything and there was no ban request for me. I just woke up this morning and tried to join a strat battle and found out i was banned from the server, I tried to join another server and i was banned from it too, Someone please respond I don't understand why i was banned.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Why was i banned?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 04:24:33 pm »
Care to explain why this guy has your IP address?

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 01:47:28 pm »
Having multiple forum account should not cause a global ban on cRPG. In no topic does it say that having multiple forum account will cause a ban on C-rpg. If breaking rules on the forum causes Global Crpg ban, then according to the rules

"Posting rules:
Use the board search to check if the topic you want to create already exists.
Post new threads in the appropriate subforum.
Give a sensible description of the thread's content in the title, meaningless titles like "help" don't tell anybody about your problem.
Be polite, keep the cursing to a minimum; adding insults to your arguments does not make them better.
Keep your post readable. Don't use smileys, large, small or colored text etc. excessively. Use spoilers for large quotes or paragraphs of text.
Only post in English in the main board. Try to use correct grammar and spelling.
Stick to the topic: before you respond to the last post made in a thread, check if you are adding to the original discussion.
No chatting. Use private messages if you want to talk to a specific user.
Don't double-post (2 post in a row), use the modify button to edit the first post.
Don't post the same thread over multiple boards."

This guy should be banned in cRPG globally

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12622.0.html
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12620.0.html

I'm not saying that he should be banned, but neither should Torak, I understand forum bans or suspension for breaking the rules in the forum but, not banned in crpg for breaking forum rules.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 06:09:35 pm »
i have to agree with snickers that this is not appropriate for ban; it would be one thing if he had multiple strategus accounts or crpg accounts, but to permanently ban him in game for having multiple FORUM accounts is unacceptable.

i would ask that you would produce evidence that torak has multiple accounts in the game and not just in the forums, otherwise, i would request that you would please unban torak from the game, and make the rules more clear for other people.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:11:51 pm by Soldier_of_God »