Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19268 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1331
  • Infamy: 1199
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2012, 12:09:26 am »
1) Leshma no offense but you are not exactly fun to play against either, with your 8 athletics. I like you as a person, but can't say the same about your playstyle.

2) Truth be told, the only person I ever enjoyed fighting with was Phyrex. Now I don't fight people because I enjoy to, I enjoy to fight the challenge of their playstyle because I know there are always other people like them in battle. So better deal with it and suck it up. Phyrex doesn't even play cRPG but very seldomly, a shame really. And even if we duel, it's ruined by armour and slowness of combat and blocking till the other guy gets bored. Why do you think he switched to highly inferior katana? Range is everything when speed is nothing.

1) I do agree Bjord. Fighting agi whores is annoying. However it's not that hard. You see Bjord, I don't know how to spam attacks, that's why I hold attacks all the time. All you have to do is, when I'm trying to get behind you, just do a dance move (180 spin) and overhead swing at me and I'm dead. Athletics isn't useful when I'm facehugging someone because even if you get behind it's not auto win situation. People with lower pings usually block me from behind, that's why I don't like fighting them.

2) Well, the man is here but I'll still semi-quote him, after he picked katana after being annoyed by slowness of greatsword:

Ninjas say how mind is the armor lol, their only armor is spam.

Something along those lines.

Katana is inferior in large battles, however in duels isn't always inferior weapon. If you're not facing someone who's really good at chambering or who's staying at distance all the time katana can be very good weapon.

I can't kill Phyrex in duel. However I can annoy him a bit with my holds and hit him a few times (although he always chambers my overhead and thrust attack). But I can't do shit against Phyrex the Ninja, simply because I can't block him.

And thanks to speed bonus and semi-random damage Katana can slice up even plated knights in few slashes. Katana buff was a mistake, that's all I have to say.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2012, 12:15:30 am »
He never said he had any problems beating you, (I really doubt he has) just that you're boring. Reading comprehension fail again, maybe you're growing a little too old and your brain has started to rot or something :?:

EDIT: Also lol @ "katana OP!"

Sure it's fast (well, relatively, c-rpg is slow as balls), but it's got such glaring flaws (thrust, range...) it's hardly OP.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:28:53 am by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2012, 12:20:13 am »
+9
Everyone is boring to face in melee. Skill doesn't matter anymore, the player who GTX first and starts spamming will lose the fight. Is that fun? Fuck no, I say.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2012, 12:23:29 am »
1) I do agree Bjord. Fighting agi whores is annoying. However it's not that hard. You see Bjord, I don't know how to spam attacks, that's why I hold attacks all the time. All you have to do is, when I'm trying to get behind you, just do a dance move (180 spin) and overhead swing at me and I'm dead. Athletics isn't useful when I'm facehugging someone because even if you get behind it's not auto win situation. People with lower pings usually block me from behind, that's why I don't like fighting them.

2) Well, the man is here but I'll still semi-quote him, after he picked katana after being annoyed by slowness of greatsword:

Ninjas say how mind is the armor lol, their only armor is spam.

Something along those lines.

Katana is inferior in large battles, however in duels isn't always inferior weapon. If you're not facing someone who's really good at chambering or who's staying at distance all the time katana can be very good weapon.

I can't kill Phyrex in duel. However I can annoy him a bit with my holds and hit him a few times (although he always chambers my overhead and thrust attack). But I can't do shit against Phyrex the Ninja, simply because I can't block him.

And thanks to speed bonus and semi-random damage Katana can slice up even plated knights in few slashes. Katana buff was a mistake, that's all I have to say.

Katana buff was not a mistake, and you can rarely see someone serious with it. You are just mad because your gay long greatsword is not 100+ speed. Katana does not have an useful thrust, short, but has speed, so it is balanced, and non-loomed ones are pretty useless.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2748
  • Infamy: 641
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2012, 12:25:58 am »
He never said he had any problems beating you, (I really doubt he has) just that you're boring. Reading comprehension fail again, maybe you're growing a little too old and your brain has started to rot or something :?:

Now you two are friends, eh Newmy old friend? I have nothing to say to you anymore, kid. Don't expect any answer after this one, this one is the last one.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2012, 12:31:43 am »
There is no such thing as killwhoring. Killing someone from behind is actually useful, ecpecially if that enemy player is a shielder or even worse, hoplite. Doing that you save precious time for your team so they can again look behind them for backstabing cavalry or ranged.

Nothing worse than seing 10 teammates desperately trying to kill KingGylpe by attacking frontally...

That's why I avoid teammates most of the time, they simple aren't useful at all and that's because in current state of cRPG where everyone is backpedaling helicopter it's actually easier to kill a player one on one than ganking him with your teammates.

Unless you're abusing pikes...

Leshma, find a good guy with whom you can communicate on teamspeak. Then engage 2 or 3 enemies and start your and your friend's magic. Dance around, feit, do whateva, switch targets... It is easy. I am sure if you were playing together you could do much more than being alone easy-to-gang-in-the-number-of-2 player.
Sometimes I play with Flax, Rebelyell, steevee, bagge, Seroth, WhiteKnight or other friends. Teammates usually help you. Ofc there are some freshers running around and you shouldn't expect high fighting abilities from them, but still I and Flax or Rebel can kill quite a lot of good players by fast-gang. You know, 1 by 1 by 1 by 1... Yesterday on EU1 we were in some kind of huge hole in the ground. There were still like over 20 enemies and we were only 2 left ( I and Flax ). Enemies underestimated us and were jumping, falling etc. A few of them managed to fight with us and so we killed like 8-10 enemies. In the end I got killed by Dieler and other byz guy because flags appeared and I was at really low hp. If I didn't fall down while going to the bottom of that hole I would still have more than 50% hp then. and still a chance to win. TEAMMATES ARE USEFUL you just need to know how to teamwork with them. It's unconcious so sometimes you don't need to talk with them.

Also you said something like killwhoring=backstabbing

Killwhoring is when you are beating a guy, you have hit him 4 times and he is about to die and then your teammate hit you and then your enemy, so in fact he has a kill and you lost a small part of your health without any reason (just an example). That's why killwhoring is unwanted. Imagine a cav that engages every melee fights just to hit the enemy. CRPG has a lot of cool cav and I really like them, but some of cav are just still 2 new and unexperienced so they teamhit or teambump in front of enemies. What we must remember is that we should forgive them and give another chance or just calmly warn them that they do that wrong. Also they pay huge upkeep for horses that are dying easily from leg-hits. Respect for horsemen for the patience.

Skyrim UI

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2012, 12:34:46 am »
+1
Now you two are friends, eh Newmy old friend? I have nothing to say to you anymore, kid. Don't expect any answer after this one, this one is the last one.

I wouldn't call any of the posts you made (especially not this one) "answers" to anything since when the going gets tough for you you just go ad hominem/strawman/plain ignoring what people say.

Nothing's going to pull you down from your high horse, or your head out of your arse for that matter, I should probably stop trying.

Congratz! You're now in there with Gomer and the NH guys!

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2012, 12:45:32 am »
And thanks to speed bonus and semi-random damage Katana can slice up even plated knights in few slashes.
You mean the speed bonus that dropped katana speed from 103 to 101 then to 102 then to 101? This is not taking heirlooms in to consideration.

And yeah, that special semi-random damage special rule that the katana has is totally bullshit.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2341
  • Infamy: 2629
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2012, 12:54:00 am »
+1
Murphy was royally pissed off that one night when I explained hm that ninjas are, in fact, gay.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2012, 12:58:21 am »
+1
To be honest, Murphy might indeed be gay and if you're calling him out on it in a negative light then it might be construed as discriminatory language and I may have to warn you to not do that again.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2012, 01:10:56 am »
+2
Duelling and all other melee combat is seriously fucked up, melee combat should be the number one priority for the dev team. Feints stopped working one year ago, that if anything, should flash a big red warning sign in the face of the developers, but nothing has happened.

I see a big red warning sign over your post saying "Exaggerated Bullshit".

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 1404
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2012, 01:16:44 am »
You know what Khorin, it's a shame that I'll have to take a break soon because I'm in a right mood for some epic stuff atm.

It's also a shame that chadz doesn't care, cmpx doesn't like drama and meow wants everyone to be happy.

If that wasn't the case making me an admin would do wonders when it comes to ingame drama.

I would totally tear apart your admin clique where you're all acting like best frineds, licking each others you know what whole day. And would do everything to make that britmy old friend kiddo mad.

Sadly that would never happen. A shame, really.

Proper fighting when alive, proper trolling when dead, waiting for respawn, that's my motto :)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2012, 01:18:58 am »
Duelling and all other melee combat is seriously fucked up, melee combat should be the number one priority for the dev team. Feints stopped working one year ago, that if anything, should flash a big red warning sign in the face of the developers, but nothing has happened.

I was damn sure I was feinting... You can still do a lot of tricks and you know it. You are just angry because some people can block you for a long time even if you do the spin-hold-fake-double-chamber-hitslash. Also with a kick lol. It's harder to kill but if you made game faster, I wouldn't be able to do anything against hitslashing or 1h-leftswinging people with lower ping (yeh I hate 1h left swing). Ping is everything and you can see that on strategus when additional lags come and make your delay feel like if it was 120 ping despite game says it's 70. Everybody feels like a strange decrese of skill then. This is what I noticed.

Old time ago I was counting how many times I killed Phyr. It was 13 times I killed Phyr. Once I managed to do that 2 times during the same map :D It was a goal for me to be a good 2h then. It was like 9 kills in duel and the rest on the battle server. After that Phyr was rarely present on servers so I stopped counting. Come back you basterd! I want to keep counting! 1 more non-archer player is still a good thing!

Skyrim UI

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2012, 01:20:29 am »
native duelling is more intense faster and deadlier true. but native battles are so much more frustrating. the ammount of pew pew does my head in even more that eu4 :P i play nditions duel server sometimes but if i go to IG battlegrounds for instance if i dont have a shield i get shot at loads :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2012, 01:21:00 am »
I had more fun in old cRPG as well, but that's because of different circumstances (novelty factor, less player skill...).
I'm pretty sure if we brought it back it wouldn't last more than a week or two. Oh wait, we did that. :wink:

Having to choose now, I think new cRPG is a thousand times better.

you can have both

less   upkeep
3 level more   so that 38 is affordable as is 35 now.
and re-put the old area gold xp- mixed with new one  but   with less power

so you will get best of  both system and instead making happy   55% of ppl  (who like new one)
you will make happy 100%

is that harD?

how many of old player you see again cmp ?   many play becouse when you develop a char with 30 gen  you play cause that not becouse game entusiasm you.

human behavior is  abitudinary.  ppl many times not change game becouse they love to make same stuff, and not abandon theyr archievment.

look me chadz unbanned me    what was 1  year ago ? i returned play only recently.    and only becouse i am bored of other game i was playng, and here i have a nice uber char,   certainly not becouse c-rpg is fantastic now.    i still prefer old one

and tbh  first 2 page i read here is all ppl sayng OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD.