Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19513 times)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2012, 10:04:40 pm »
What my sister has to do with this?

Reading comprehension 2/10.

Ever heard of a similie?

This one in particular stating that just as you should realize it's a stupid idea to shag your slutty sister long before getting a positive HIV test, you should realize that what you're trying to say is stupid before writing 200 idiotic posts about it.

There we go, plain text.

Easy enough?

Good.

I do actually have a theory why you, BlackMilk and others are bothering me but I won't go there. After all it's just a game.

Please great Leshma, let us know! Let us bask in your almighty wisdom! Please share with us an ounce of the divine secrets your enlightened being possesses oh Great One!

I don't want power, I just want ability to be cav hybrid and in current cRPG that's not possible. To be 1Hcav you have to drop heavy lance and taking it back isn't an easy thing to do.

Yes, lancer/1h hybrid is totally underpowered and underused; noone ever plays it and because it's such a shitty and extremely hard to play class those fools who do tend to do real bad.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:09:21 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 2877
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2012, 10:09:13 pm »
Reading comprehension 2/10.

Ever heard of a similie?

This one in particular stating that just as you should realize it's a stupid idea to shag your slutty sister before getting a positive HIV test, you should realize that what you're trying to say is stupid before writing 200 idiotic posts about it.

There we go, plain text.

Easy enough?

Good.

Listen up kid, I do have a sister and I care about her. You obviously don't have, if you had you wouldn't talk like that. Problem with internet is that there is so many single kids who have no close relatives and aren't able to make a difference between a real friend and imaginary internet friend. That's why we have so many gaming communities where everyone thinks he's someone's best friend lol

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2012, 10:11:49 pm »
What my sister has to do with this?

It's not like I'm the one who cares here. It's you. You started playing few months after me and you're the one who started talking with me. For me, you're nothing more than a frag in my chat window.

I do actually have a theory why you, BlackMilk and others are bothering me but I won't go there. After all it's just a game.
tell us more :D

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2012, 10:15:31 pm »
Listen up kid, I do have a sister and I care about her. You obviously don't have, if you had you wouldn't talk like that. Problem with internet is that there is so many single kids who have no close relatives and aren't able to make a difference between a real friend and imaginary internet friend. That's why we have so many gaming communities where everyone thinks he's someone's best friend lol

I have two sisters and you still don't seem to get it.

I wasn't talking about your sister at all. I was just making an analogy, which I thought you'd get since you're so old and wise.

Unless that is you're going down the "incest is not to be spoken of in such a manner, shame on you!"-route, but then you're so far off the actual point I'm not even sure if it's valid to call it a strawman.

EDIT: And to further elaborate: It is of course implied that you should realize that shagging your sister is a bad idea long before getting the test because shagging your sister is FUCKED UP, and although I dislike using the expression, one of the few things I'd consider plain WRONG. So even if you're sitting with your head real far up your white, shiny arse of moral high ground you got nothing to yap on about there either.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:27:23 pm by Dezilagel »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2012, 10:16:11 pm »
4 slots are a knavery. You can't go on with eg. a lance, knightly shield and a poleaxe like a proper knight. You can't have an archer with a proper defense weapon, so all of them are agispam kite builds bar a few. Can't say I like.

Never going to see eg. Wookiemonsta in his knightly gear pulling out the lolboulder when dismounted and smashing heads.

Some other changes, yes. Unsheathable weapons are a good idea. Eh... For some reason, crpg seems laggier these days, or my old laptop is finally dying.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2012, 10:18:31 pm »
+3
FFS GUYS, stop speaking about your sisters ...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2012, 10:18:42 pm »
A lot of the people who dislike you have been around longer, and certainly were never dominated by you. Try another go at the excuse roulette. Can't you just admit it's because you are a flaming bitch instead of making up martyrdom persecution stories? Embrace the bitchiness, don't deny it.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2012, 10:19:55 pm »
+1
FFS GUYS, stop speaking about your sisters ...

(click to show/hide)

They're 6 and 8 so that'd be kinda fucked up...

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:18 pm »
+2
damn, too old

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2012, 10:26:41 pm »
I don't want power, I just want ability to be cav hybrid and in current cRPG that's not possible.

Sorry, but 1h/lancer cav hybrid is one of the most broken and easy things to do for melee. It's insanely easy to pick up a lance off the ground since there are so many cav on each team, they are plentiful.

Anyways, I came right when new crpg started I believe, but I like the competitive play. I don't think I would be a fan of being a peasant. That's the part I hated most in crpg, and glad it's much shorter in new crpg. It still took me a few weeks I believe before I got necessary gear for myself.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2012, 10:28:36 pm »
+1
Sorry, but 1h/lancer cav hybrid is one of the most broken and easy things to do for melee. It's insanely easy to pick up a lance off the ground since there are so many cav on each team, they are plentiful.

That's my build D:

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2012, 10:29:41 pm »
Mine as well. You know it to be true!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2012, 10:30:42 pm »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2012, 10:53:47 pm »
+1
ITT: See oldmy old friends clash with newmy old friends clash with wannabe oldmy old friends.

Seriously. What is wrong with you all? We are all playing the same game and yes, it has changed and some of us might not even remember or might not have been around for that long. But almost every change has been for the better. 1 step back and two steps forward. chadz & Co have been very successful, dare I even say groundbreaking in their conceptual innovations. A lot of developers could learn a lot from these two.

Mod now aside and more onto delving in the problem with our community and why today's community will not go nicely with old cRPG: cmp mentioned early in this thread that player skill was far from what it is today, and the novelty factor, which could be translated to "OMG that guy has plate! *_*", is no longer actual. One legendary day I remember racking up 64 kills with no deaths until being ended by a teammate, I was using full milanese and matching plate mittens and greaves while sporting a flamberge with the 2h animations, except for thrust of course. Today this is not possible at all. It saddens me because I have been forced to deal with the consequences of my behaviour back then(giant asshat with an even bigger ego). :lol:

Anyway, as much as I miss the old cRPG it will never be reality again. That is why I think most people romanticize it. It was a horrible grindfest to get that 10k flamberge and 20k milanese plate, but you kept going because you saw how few players were using them and it was an exclusive feeling when you got the items. Nowadays, any fool can get plate, but it is nothing special anymore. Individual skill is no longer the only factor to success but how well you can abuse a long spear and how many people are charging in your gank squad. But what can we, who dream of olden days when we were heroes, do about it? Nothing at all. So that's why you have to adapt, and accept the fact that things will never be what they once was. Harsh and grim words but true nonetheless.

Tip for new players reading this thread not having a clue about what is being talked about: If you want to level fast, join a big clan like Byzantium and use their exclusive banner. It will take you approx. one week to reach lvl 30, if not less. Also works for veteran players tired of being pubstomped. If you can't beat them, join them.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2012, 10:55:51 pm »
old crpg = 20 players trying to kill beatrix :D