Poll

Which c-RPG did you enjoy more (read page first)?

Vanilla c-RPG
106 (41.7%)
New c-RPG
148 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 254

Author Topic: Which cRPG did you prefer?  (Read 19514 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: Which cRPG did you prefer?
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »
+1
ITT: See oldmy old friends clash with newmy old friends clash with wannabe oldmy old friends.

Seriously. What is wrong with you all? We are all playing the same game and yes, it has changed and some of us might not even remember or might not have been around for that long. But almost every change has been for the better. 1 step back and two steps forward. chadz & Co have been very successful, dare I even say groundbreaking in their conceptual innovations. A lot of developers could learn a lot from these two.

Mod now aside and more onto delving in the problem with our community and why today's community will not go nicely with old cRPG: cmp mentioned early in this thread that player skill was far from what it is today, and the novelty factor, which could be translated to "OMG that guy has plate! *_*", is no longer actual. One legendary day I remember racking up 64 kills with no deaths until being ended by a teammate, I was using full milanese and matching plate mittens and greaves while sporting a flamberge with the 2h animations, except for thrust of course. Today this is not possible at all. It saddens me because I have been forced to deal with the consequences of my behaviour back then(giant asshat with an even bigger ego). :lol:

Anyway, as much as I miss the old cRPG it will never be reality again. That is why I think most people romanticize it. It was a horrible grindfest to get that 10k flamberge and 20k milanese plate, but you kept going because you saw how few players were using them and it was an exclusive feeling when you got the items. Nowadays, any fool can get plate, but it is nothing special anymore. Individual skill is no longer the only factor to success but how well you can abuse a long spear and how many people are charging in your gank squad. But what can we, who dream of olden days when we were heroes, do about it? Nothing at all. So that's why you have to adapt, and accept the fact that things will never be what they once was. Harsh and grim words but true nonetheless.

Tip for new players reading this thread not having a clue about what is being talked about: If you want to level fast, join a big clan like Byzantium and use their exclusive banner. It will take you approx. one week to reach lvl 30, if not less. Also works for veteran players tired of being pubstomped. If you can't beat them, join them.

I saw that bjord answered and was expecting more drama, but then u write something which makes perfectly sense........ this is bullshit. U stomped down the drama :(

EDIT: nvm, u cant stop zeh leshma!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:00:35 pm by _GTX_ »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1143
  • Infamy: 2428
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2012, 10:58:35 pm »
A lot of the people who dislike you have been around longer, and certainly were never dominated by you. Try another go at the excuse roulette. Can't you just admit it's because you are a flaming bitch instead of making up martyrdom persecution stories? Embrace the bitchiness, don't deny it.

I've mentioned you once in that other thread and you keep talking to me even though I'm not answering in this thread.

I get it. You don't like me. No point in further discussion.

Btw. when I said dominated I mean being first on the scoreboard because that's what most people in this community value the most. I'm not one of them but I know about it.

Oberyn, only reason why I play this game is to smash some virtual heads, nothing more. All these reactions are because I said something or did something. I'm not doing because I want to get the reaction out of it, I'm doing it because I feel like that.

If you're annoyed that much by my presence on forums and in-game you should ask cmpx or someone else who has power to permanently ban me on forums so you don't have to read stuff I'm writing (if you're lazy enough to just put me on ignore list). About ingame, well I would like full name change but that comes with a price, which I'm not willing to pay. Admins can probably change my name and therefore I'm asking them to do me a favor, and to rest of EU community who are annoyed by my actions. I bet all this drama will stop the moment they stop seing Leshma on the scoreboard :wink:

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2012, 11:04:03 pm »
I want to say something Leshma, but I just can't be bothered. Just mentally sighing.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2012, 11:04:14 pm »

a Swede speaking like a my old friend, not even surprised  :lol:

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2012, 11:06:36 pm »
+1
No comment.

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2012, 11:16:43 pm »
I knew this thread was going to turn out well the moment it was posted.  :lol:

Aside from that

old cRPG holds so much nostalgia
Being bad at this game was almost as fun as being good. If not more fun.

There were heroes that everyone looked up to, wanted to be like, etc

There were stupid yet funny weapons. Boulder on stick, lolaxe. sniper xbow (was more accurate and did more pierece and was 1 slot)

New cRPG is fun but only for satisfying my ego really.

Im level 34 and what do.
Only gen 11 on huey and I could have been gen 38 or 39 by now. Minus my respec
And a gen 6 alt

meh strat isn't what it was in strat 1 or 2
So I would conclude the game is more balanced and more competitive but not more fun than it was in the past.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 1352
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2012, 11:18:09 pm »
I want to say something Leshma, but I just can't be bothered. Just mentally sighing.

Say whatever you want, I don't mind.

I like the game, THE GAME with it's rules and challenges and everything good attached to it. I'm not interested in its community or players that much yet they keep bothering me all the time, even making fake characters to mimic my nick.

You can be Berenger and TavukBey and have "that kind of fun" in any random and generic online game which has more than 200 active players. You can be successful Berenger even in Hello Kitty online. I'm not interested in that, I'm here to play a game with best combat currently there is.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2012, 11:20:04 pm »
+1
strat 1 was the most fun strat. because it was new and exciting and most of us still sucked :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWSwyqWFg7w

the memories
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2012, 11:25:11 pm »
I knew this thread was going to turn out well the moment it was posted.  :lol:

Aside from that

old cRPG holds so much nostalgia
Being bad at this game was almost as fun as being good. If not more fun.

There were heroes that everyone looked up to, wanted to be like, etc

There were stupid yet funny weapons. Boulder on stick, lolaxe. sniper xbow (was more accurate and did more pierece and was 1 slot)

New cRPG is fun but only for satisfying my ego really.

Im level 34 and what do.
Only gen 11 on huey and I could have been gen 38 or 39 by now. Minus my respec
And a gen 6 alt

meh strat isn't what it was in strat 1 or 2
So I would conclude the game is more balanced and more competitive but not more fun than it was in the past.

Everything in this post. Except the level part for me of course.

I can't even imagine how horrible being bad at the new cRPG must be. Back in the old times bad skill wasn't that much of a problem, the main goal of a puny peasant being survival.

Also, Leshma you should play duel, it's a good anger therapy.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1733
  • Infamy: 2928
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2012, 11:29:11 pm »
Im level 34 and what do.

You can keep playing for fun until you finally reach level 35 and do something stupid with those points you receieve as reward. After that you'll be heading to level 36 which is at 418.780.850 XP. You'll need a year and a half for that, at least. If cRPG survives until then.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1281
  • Infamy: 2712
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2012, 11:33:19 pm »
Also, Leshma you should play duel, it's a good anger therapy.

Duel is kinda boring. Same old people with same old builds with same old sense of self greatness. I used to play duel when Unreal was still playing the game. He was fun to duel against. Likes of Dezilagel and co. are not fun to duel because they are silly kids with a good connection and fast reflexes who have one, the most boring style ever.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2012, 11:37:12 pm »
Duel is kinda boring. Same old people with same old builds with same old sense of self greatness. I used to play duel when Unreal was still playing the game. He was fun to duel against. Likes of Dezilagel and co. are not fun to duel because they are silly kids with a good connection and fast reflexes who have one, the most boring style ever.

But what is still fun is using trollish weapons or styles, furthermore there's always people that are nice to duel with. Duelling with a katana-shield combo was hilarous. You do make a point though.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2012, 11:41:02 pm »
+5
I say we ban 80% of the players so we can have that cosy small playerbase feel again.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2012, 11:44:39 pm »
Leshma no offense but you are not exactly fun to play against either, with your 8 athletics. I like you as a person, but can't say the same about your playstyle. But ad hominem arguments don't make difference and especially not because I agree with your problem.

Truth be told, the only person I ever enjoyed fighting with was Phyrex. Now I don't fight people because I enjoy to, I enjoy to fight the challenge of their playstyle because I know there are always other people like them in battle. So better deal with it and suck it up. Phyrex doesn't even play cRPG but very seldomly, a shame really. And even if we duel, it's ruined by armour and slowness of combat and blocking till the other guy gets bored. Why do you think he switched to highly inferior katana? Range is everything when speed is nothing.

I say we ban 80% of the players so we can have that cosy small playerbase feel again.

Yes please.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2012, 11:51:50 pm »
+6
Duelling and all other melee combat is seriously fucked up, melee combat should be the number one priority for the dev team. Feints stopped working one year ago, that if anything, should flash a big red warning sign in the face of the developers, but nothing has happened.
Free Bjordhinn!