Author Topic: cRPG update and new ideas. Need feedback.  (Read 10534 times)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG update and new ideas. Need feedback.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2017, 01:07:01 pm »
+2
Why not simply buff all armor then? Light armors are practically useless because you die in one hit anyway. Might as well save yourself the encumbrance and run around naked. Alternatively, here's a better idea: tweak damage types so that cutting damage drops much faster with armor values. The reason why 2h heroes love their e-peen extension swords is that they can just spam and look cool, and it works. Cutting weapons should only be a viable choice against very light armor, damage should drastically drop around the point where armors get mail. Combat is fast because agiwhores run around with 2h swords, which are too fast to begin with imo. Another thing, but much harder to do is poise, kinda like in Dark Souls. The more poise you have, the harder hits you can take without staggering you and without interrupting your attacks.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2017, 01:19:29 pm »
+1
Can we get a huge increase to strategus XP as a way to get people back into it.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2017, 05:45:25 pm »
+3
I strongly dislike idea of upping the level cap, as to me it seems that "The Destiny Patch" was a major mistake. Since then everyone became way too overpowered (weekly respecs helped this too) with the additional +4 (from lvl 31 to lvl 35 being a current retirement mark) point boost in stats. The light armor has become absolutely no use. Currently I'm dying from 1 hits almost everytime while playing in my usual light armor set (padded heraldic tabard+light strange gloves) even though now I use 6 if, and before the "Destiny Patch" I used 0-2 if and yet I was dying from 2-3 hits usually. My main complaint is that whatever boost you've chosen, everyone became deadlier on the battlefield. If you have boosted your str (ps/if) - you naturally became stronger, with more melee damage. And if you have boosted your agi (ath/wpf) - then your swing also became deadlier because of extra speed bonus (both characters movement speed and weapon speed increased). The Destiny Patch has made the game more challenging, so most of tryhards adapted and would not complain, but honestly the game now is way too fast and tiring to play (in comparison with pre-destiny patch era), and it has become even harder for newcomers/medium skilled guys, after every single one of us being so much overbuffed on the battlefield.
---sry if i didnt explained it thoroughly, im sleepy as fuck atm

You explained it well. We understand  :mrgreen:

I agree with you although I don't think patch of destiny was a big mistake. The idea was good but execution wasn't there, and the devs that were involved pretty much stopped working on crpg after the patch. I believe the design was to extend crpg by giving players opportunities to reach those higher levels and try to make it a little more fair for new players.

I'd love to go back to the old level cap but that honestly doesn't make sense. So the idea is to basically adjust and make changes to counteract with the high levels. We can replicate the crpg era before 2014 by adjusting some small game mechanics that are already created and easy to adjust. We just might run into a couple patches where it will feel wonky, but i'll be around to actually readjust changes. I think these adjustments would impact the game in a better way than just trying to balance items.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2017, 06:08:16 pm »
+1
I strongly dislike idea of upping the level cap, as to me it seems that "The Destiny Patch" was a major mistake. Since then everyone became way too overpowered (weekly respecs helped this too) with the additional +4 (from lvl 31 to lvl 35 being a current retirement mark) point boost in stats. The light armor has become absolutely no use. Currently I'm dying from 1 hits almost everytime while playing in my usual light armor set (padded heraldic tabard+light strange gloves) even though now I use 6 if, and before the "Destiny Patch" I used 0-2 if and yet I was dying from 2-3 hits usually. My main complaint is that whatever boost you've chosen, everyone became deadlier on the battlefield. If you have boosted your str (ps/if) - you naturally became stronger, with more melee damage. And if you have boosted your agi (ath/wpf) - then your swing also became deadlier because of extra speed bonus (both characters movement speed and weapon speed increased). The Destiny Patch has made the game more challenging, so most of tryhards adapted and would not complain, but honestly the game now is way too fast and tiring to play (in comparison with pre-destiny patch era), and it has become even harder for newcomers/medium skilled guys, after every single one of us being so much overbuffed on the battlefield.
---sry if i didnt explained it thoroughly, im sleepy as fuck atm
solid post mate but i don't agree with same as Dupre mentioned - Destiny Patch - was great not only for tryhards (they will tryhard anyway) but for new players.
Pre patch for eg. on siege tons of players played with low levels just to hit first level of looming 30 lvl. never ever going for higher end builds and those poor players fought vs 35/36 lvl tincans who freaking never ever hit respect button, so the spread between level was huge not to mention about personal skill, just for raw math numbers 7 or even more level was fucking huge.
Now even if the 'new' player is somehow on low level(with current exp going for 36 level is 1or2 weeks) u can just use Skip the fun on level 35! so spread will be 1 or 2 levels max so hurray for admins for this but it's always but we reached nerd era like some1 mentioned on forrum, can't do anything - char wipe - tryhards will once more reach high levels and looms faster than other players etc.

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2017, 09:23:00 pm »
+3
Remove miaodao from game ty

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 09:01:36 pm »
here is data on new accounts signed up past 2 weeks:

There are new accounts!?   :shock:

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2017, 09:17:07 pm »
+1
Can we get a huge increase to strategus XP as a way to get people back into it.
Yeah, it'd need I think about a triple increase to be on par with a x5 in NA1 right now. Since NA1 is double double xp from regular and i believe Strat with good gear was about equal to having a x6 or x7 that should be good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 09:30:13 pm »
+1
Yeah, it'd need I think about a triple increase to be on par with a x5 in NA1 right now. Since NA1 is double double xp from regular and i believe Strat with good gear was about equal to having a x6 or x7 that should be good.

This is the best path to make strategus (the best part of crpg) relevant again

Offline Godfredus

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Selling +3 Two Handed Warhammer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 12:04:48 pm »
+1
More frequent heirloom exchange auctions.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 12:19:29 pm »
+4
I saw a new player yesterday. Explained him a bit of the stuff and warned him that he´s gonna have a harder time than in Dark Souls to which he responded "Oh god."

Yet he kept fighting a hopeless fight against some old players, he has my respect.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 02:10:06 pm »
+2
Seeing some new players in NA recently too. Welcoming them and offering to help with gold/an armoury. Pretty rough to be starting at this point.

I think making the game easier on 1st gen characters is a good idea.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 10:21:01 pm »
+4
hmm, looking at the video, we COULD add ladders again to battle, since we got flags anyways now

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2017, 09:44:04 am »
+3
give me ladders or give me death
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2017, 11:56:52 pm »
+2
give me ladders or give me death

You're just gonna die crushed by a ladder, true story. Also, are people playing actively again ?