Poll

Do you think U.S. & Russian tension over Syria could escalate into military conflict between our two nations?

I think it is likely that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
7 (13.7%)
I think it is unlikely, but possible, that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
12 (23.5%)
I think Russia is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
3 (5.9%)
I think USA is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
11 (21.6%)
I don't even think it's worth worrying about, Superpowers will do what thou wilt. Who cares?
9 (17.6%)
I'm from Canada, haha! suck it nerds! The maple syrup must flow! He who controls the maple syrup, controls the universe!
3 (5.9%)
I'm from another country and we got our own problems... like bronchitus, aint nobody got time phodat!
6 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 19, 2015, 05:34:58 am

Author Topic: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?  (Read 13597 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2015, 01:30:02 am »
No, Murmillus. We are all deluded. You and your friends at RT are the ones who know the real truth(s). Jews and USA are trying to start WW3 to save Wests failing economy and get more oil and Russia is trying to prevent it. As far as im concerned, you are a worldhero just by being a russian Murmillus. God bless the Motherland! Such open honesty and transparency, like the Kremlin has is rare these days because of US worldwide hegemony of terror and deceit.

I'm not Russian, I have no special relationship with the Russian people or state. But I guess accusing me of being Russian or refusing to face up to reality is your way of coping, well who am I to dictate how another manages to cope with their reality, even if they're happily and wilfully deluded to the point of inanity.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2015, 01:32:30 am »
That's just a self-congratulatory media briefing. It obviously was a media event, just look at the amount of microphones pointed at the speaker.

Granted, it's interesting and refreshing to see some operational level stuff like this. But a prepared explanation of one or two successful operations to the media doesn't really make the whole regime transparent.

The maps in the background and the operation center feel of where it was done doesn't automatically mean that what they said was 100% truthful either.
At most, it's their point of view, and exactly as much as they wanted to say.

Nothing about errors, consequences to civilians, what could be done better or improved or anything like that in there of course. Everything was perfect and the enemy was defeated cleanly is often the message given out but very rarely the reality of war.

Well it's a good thing I never stated that the Russian establishment or ruling elite were 100% transparent, I've just stated they're far more transparent than our own NATO member state governments. I've yet to see over the years a similar presentation conducted by the "American led" coalition which has supposedly been bombing ISIS for years.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2015, 01:34:32 am »
Read the abstract of a psychological study about conspiracy theorists a couple of days ago. Yes, there actually are a few studies.
They found out that the more proof for their sources and 'knowledge' about things being flawed or even faulty, the harder they assume you're either some kind of send agent of the big conspiracy or naive, deluded, uneducated, blind 'sheep'.
But of course all those studies either aim at the 'others' or are contract work for government agencies.

On the contrary if anything my accusations of brainwashing, being braindead or deluded only sought to mirror similar accusations laid against myself by a handful of opponents in this thread, including yourself. Now you think after indulging in such name calling you're in a position to try and profile someone for doing the same back? When you make this point, are you talking about yourself? If so well done, you're on the first step to coming to your senses.

Oh and I must have skipped over/missed this article titled. " Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:38 EXCLUSIVE: Israeli Colonel Leading ISIL Terrorists Captured in Iraq"

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13940730000210

Oh but the news agency is based in Iran, so I guess they're lying because our governments treat them like the bad guys and say they have a nuclear weapons program that we can't prove exists. I guess it's difficult to prove what does not exist to exist though right?

I'd love to know what media you guys consume that's enticed you into adopting the views of our corrupt, morally deficient and law breaking governments. Or were you indoctrinated through the "education" system in your respective countries?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:02:07 am by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2015, 02:55:24 am »
OI,

Learn to fucking edit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2015, 06:33:27 am »
Well it's a good thing I never stated that the Russian establishment or ruling elite were 100% transparent, I've just stated they're far more transparent than our own NATO member state governments.

In what sense?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_information_laws_by_country#Russia

"The already repressive press freedom environment in Russia declined even further with Vladimir Putin’s return to the presidency in 2012, as authorities relied on both crude and sophisticated forms of media management to distract the public from terrorist attacks, economic troubles, and antigovernment protests. The government maintained its grip on key television outlets and tightened controls over the internet during the year, and most state and privately owned mass media engaged in blatant propaganda that glorified the country’s national leaders and fostered an image of political pluralism—especially in the months ahead of Putin’s victory in the March presidential election.

Although the constitution provides for freedom of speech and of the press, officials have used the country’s politicized and corrupt court system to harass the few remaining independent journalists who dare to criticize widespread abuses by the authorities. The constitution and a 2009 law provide for freedom of information, but accessing information related to government bodies, the judiciary, or via government websites is extremely difficult in practice. Russian law contains a broad definition of extremism that authorities frequently use to silence government critics, including journalists; the enforcement of this and other restrictive legal provisions has encouraged self-censorship."

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-press/2013/russia

"Dear Readers:
The Freedom of Information foundation's website is no more updated.

Since early 2015, the Freedom of Informaton Foundation has frozen its activities after having failed to contest entrance of the organization in the register of NGOs performing "foreign agent" functions."

http://old.svobodainfo.org/en - The biggest organization dedicated to freedom of information in Russia.

I've yet to see over the years a similar presentation conducted by the "American led" coalition which has supposedly been bombing ISIS for years.

I'd love to have more info on NATO operations too, but that vid hardly makes up for this. Even if that vid presented a 100% earnest look into those operations, which I'm not sure it does.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2015, 07:11:15 am »
Well it's a good thing I never stated that the Russian establishment or ruling elite were 100% transparent, I've just stated they're far more transparent than our own NATO member state governments. I've yet to see over the years a similar presentation conducted by the "American led" coalition which has supposedly been bombing ISIS for years.

That "transparency" is fake. The fact that you dont even slightly question these vids either proves you are trolling or really biased. NATO officials have always stated that they cant win the propaganda war with Russia, quite simply because Russia has 0 shame in just generating massbullshit to masses. Its like North Krean media saying that Kim Yong Un invented electricity. You just have nothing to counter that amount of bullshit with.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2015, 07:18:50 am »
Why do you keep trying to argue with him like he's a real person?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2015, 07:46:28 am »
Cause I dont want him to leave. He is funny.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2015, 07:51:15 am »
(click to show/hide)
I'm sure you have read the entire text of the law  :P
 the main problem is that the fact of entering into this list excludes the use of accounting fraud because of the annual financial audits and reporting expenses.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2015, 08:59:28 am »
OI,

Learn to fucking edit.

lol w/e flanders
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2015, 09:47:42 am »
Anders, more like Flanders. LOL.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2015, 09:54:43 am »
On the contrary if anything my accusations of brainwashing, being braindead or deluded only sought to mirror similar accusations laid against myself by a handful of opponents in this thread, including yourself. Now you think after indulging in such name calling you're in a position to try and profile someone for doing the same back? When you make this point, are you talking about yourself? If so well done, you're on the first step to coming to your senses.
[...]
Where directly in my post did I connect you personaly in a direct manner to my merely information containing post?
If that is the way you read all your news too... oh well, that explains quite a lot.

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2015, 10:25:46 am »
I'm sure you have read the entire text of the law  :P
 the main problem is that the fact of entering into this list excludes the use of accounting fraud because of the annual financial audits and reporting expenses.

I sure haven't.
And I don't know what the full weight of their organization being classified as foreign agents would be.

But I have a little creeping suspicion that it's about more than potential accounting fraud being uncovered.

Well, they could have shut down just to keep accounting fraud hidden. It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility and it can be a comforting narrative as well, if you live there.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2015, 10:55:23 am »
I sure haven't.
And I don't know what the full weight of their organization being classified as foreign agents would be.
But I have a little creeping suspicion that it's about more than potential accounting fraud being uncovered.
Well, they could have shut down just to keep accounting fraud hidden. It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility and it can be a comforting narrative as well, if you live there.
I think mainly because of the paperwork and the inability to save on taxes by accounting fraud. Some have lost their funding from abroad as Sponsors did not want publicity (foreign agents must to provide sources of funding)

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2015, 11:15:22 am »
I think mainly because of the paperwork and the inability to save on taxes by accounting fraud. Some have lost their funding from abroad as Sponsors did not want publicity (foreign agents must to provide sources of funding)

Well, there exists a chance of that. And we all ultimately choose what we believe.

Most of what I read about it is not encouraging though: https://www.hrw.org/news/2013/06/25/russia-harsh-toll-foreign-agents-law