Poll

Do you think U.S. & Russian tension over Syria could escalate into military conflict between our two nations?

I think it is likely that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
7 (13.7%)
I think it is unlikely, but possible, that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
12 (23.5%)
I think Russia is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
3 (5.9%)
I think USA is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
11 (21.6%)
I don't even think it's worth worrying about, Superpowers will do what thou wilt. Who cares?
9 (17.6%)
I'm from Canada, haha! suck it nerds! The maple syrup must flow! He who controls the maple syrup, controls the universe!
3 (5.9%)
I'm from another country and we got our own problems... like bronchitus, aint nobody got time phodat!
6 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 19, 2015, 05:34:58 am

Author Topic: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?  (Read 13595 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2015, 11:19:56 pm »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2015, 01:47:04 pm »
Yeah. Turns out we are just too blind to the obvious truth and you are the only one here, who sees everything for how it really is with both eyes open. You have have won. Just like the commentsection in RT, you too possess too much knowledge for our tiny brains that have been zombiefied by jews and US imperialistic hegemony propaganda.

An unexpected but honest admission of your general state of being. Well done.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:09:03 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 01, 2015, 01:49:08 pm »
Woof woof Murmillus, woof woof woof! Woof woof woo woof!

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 01, 2015, 01:51:17 pm »
Pull out your cocks and start doing helicopters because the propagandised zombified mob that clings to this thread have brought out the big guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXZ7gD3mho
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:25:39 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #244 on: November 01, 2015, 07:42:00 pm »
Pull out your cocks and start doing helicopters because the propagandised zombified mob that clings to this thread have brought out the big guns.

Just incase you wanted to helicopter your cock to that music for more than 18 seconds.
Probably good cardio tbh... Full body work out like hula hoops :P

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2015, 10:51:41 pm »
+2

Just watched this new Frontline documentary on life inside Assad's territory, it's pretty good. Here's the link to the official site which has the full-length doc if the YouTube clip doesn't work:

http://video.pbs.org/program/frontline/

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 04, 2015, 04:57:48 am »
RuAF Press Briefing October 28th. Eng. Subs.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9f2_1446583520#EWgK76M56xVCv1HU.99

I tried to look for other sources for this video in an attempt to verify the accuracy of the date this briefing took place or was released to the public however I was unable to find other sources other than LiveLeak. Therefore I have been unable to independently verify the authenticity of the video. That said I can't say I've seen it before so it's not a repost to my knowledge.

The briefing details Russian airstrikes with lists of targets hit including drone video coverage and satellite imagery showing attacks on and targeted areas.

This of course is the Russian establishments transparency I referred to previously. But I guess I was wrong and this video is all lies, everything in it is made up Russian propaganda and all that jizz right brahs? I'm living in a fake reality and I'm deluded and my opponents here you're all keeping it real yeh? Haha.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:05:09 am by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #247 on: November 04, 2015, 05:43:45 am »
That's just a self-congratulatory media briefing. It obviously was a media event, just look at the amount of microphones pointed at the speaker.

Granted, it's interesting and refreshing to see some operational level stuff like this. But a prepared explanation of one or two successful operations to the media doesn't really make the whole regime transparent.

The maps in the background and the operation center feel of where it was done doesn't automatically mean that what they said was 100% truthful either.
At most, it's their point of view, and exactly as much as they wanted to say.

Nothing about errors, consequences to civilians, what could be done better or improved or anything like that in there of course. Everything was perfect and the enemy was defeated cleanly is often the message given out but very rarely the reality of war.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2015, 09:38:57 am »
This of course is the Russian establishments transparency I referred to previously. But I guess I was wrong and this video is all lies, everything in it is made up Russian propaganda and all that jizz right brahs? I'm living in a fake reality and I'm deluded and my opponents here you're all keeping it real yeh? Haha.

No, Murmillus. We are all deluded. You and your friends at RT are the ones who know the real truth(s). Jews and USA are trying to start WW3 to save Wests failing economy and get more oil and Russia is trying to prevent it. As far as im concerned, you are a worldhero just by being a russian Murmillus. God bless the Motherland! Such open honesty and transparency, like the Kremlin has is rare these days because of US worldwide hegemony of terror and deceit.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #249 on: November 04, 2015, 09:50:11 am »
Read the abstract of a psychological study about conspiracy theorists a couple of days ago. Yes, there actually are a few studies.
They found out that the more proof for their sources and 'knowledge' about things being flawed or even faulty, the harder they assume you're either some kind of send agent of the big conspiracy or naive, deluded, uneducated, blind 'sheep'.
But of course all those studies either aim at the 'others' or are contract work for government agencies.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2015, 06:36:18 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2015, 06:48:32 pm »
How can you even argue RT is not a straight Kremlin infowar machine after shit like that? Needs more red arrows to be convincing tbh.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2015, 07:29:13 pm »
How can you even argue RT is not a straight Kremlin infowar machine after shit like that? Needs more red arrows to be convincing tbh.

I also find it funny how they spend majority of the time desperately debunking US accusations, rather than just give news. RTnews - "got proofs?"

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2015, 01:20:14 am »

What ever. If an infowar machine needs to rely on actual events to win an information war then I'm all in favour of it. Your attitude is pretty much summed up as.."I'll write this off before even bothering to watch it because I'm an arrogant prick and wilfully ignorant"..

On another note.

"Turkish Armed Forces annihilates some ISIS targets in Syria with the help of Turkish mujahideens"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ad8_1446663959

Content in the main post and in the top comments below could be considered more evidence that Turkey is one of the major players behind the Al-Qaeda backed "moderate opposition". While the Turkish government simultaneously government bomb the Kurds in North Iraq.

(Of course you'll need to click on the link and look at the post and the top comments to have an informed opinion on the comment I've just made, if you ignorantly write the link and its content off then you are no better than a brainwashed zombie and not fit to debate the latter point made in this post.)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:25:18 am by Murmillus_Prime »