Author Topic: Thoughts and ideas on patch 4.1  (Read 7512 times)

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
Re: Thoughts and ideas on patch 4.1
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2015, 12:35:04 pm »
I wonder why they changed it at all; and why so much.

I disagree with you, but obviously neither of our opinions matter at all. Balancers tweak what they want.

The great lance pure build play style was a very delicate class; depending greatly on the circumstances and its high risk, high reward... or was. The requirement will only succeed in killing yet another possible out lit for fun in this increasingly dull, mindless spam fest. Only foolish mistakes die to great lancers. You say its the most unbalanced weapon in the game... I say its one of the easiest weapons in the game to counter. They can't hurt you unless you let them. As usual its typical c-RPG balancing logic to nerf things out of existence when proven it can be effective in ideal conditions.

As the holy bible dictates. "Anyone that isn't a duelist is going to hell and will be smited at our earliest convenience."

First of all I am not the typical crier in crpg who wants everything to be nerfed.
Second I never said it is impossible to counter. Most of us play long enough to counter it, but this is not the problem I meant. The problem I meant is that during fights they attack from the back and just 1hit kill you. One could ague that this circumstance is caused by bad teamplay in crpg which is actually the case in crpg. Still, a 1hit just does not seem legit to me, especially because you cannot rely on your team. Your mistake is that crpg is  a team played mod (at least it is supposed to be like that) and not a duel server where you face a cav with a great lance which would be as you said possible to counter. But this is not the case on battle usually and thats why I totally diasgree with you
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2015, 03:43:40 pm »
+2
Don't understand all that 2h stab whining. There was a vote about it. They asked if we want to change it first place and then gave different types of stabs. You chose it - they made.

That poll was a joke, only 25 votes and really no decisive result. You can't say this poll was worthy making any change plus most people didn't even notice it because no one looks up suggestion corner.

Here is the problem with new 2h stab. Most weapons or probably all weapons need lunge the weapon in order to make a stab actually not bouncing. 1h does and polearm does, but here it is possible and for 2h you can lunge at all, you can't look up with the attack but only look down which then only bounces off ground. SO 2h stab is useless now. I would have been fine with a nerf but this just broke stab.

Everytime I accidently stab it blocks my whole fighting which makes me rather have no stab at all so it doesn't disturb you.

AGAIN that poll was FUCKING JOKE.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »
+1
I can't wear my helmet or use my great lance, how am i supposed to be a knight like this?
Turtles

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2015, 03:57:31 pm »
+1

AGAIN that poll was FUCKING JOKE.

Considering that there was a poll before in which way more people voted for a different stab, obvsiously people did not want the old one. Thus, they just tried another stab, it is the player's fault if they don't participate enough, there was enough time. So you have NO reason to complain
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 1204
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2015, 03:58:30 pm »
+1
Now when great lance has high STR req, it would be could to decrease riding skill req for heavy horses.

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2015, 04:16:17 pm »
+2
I find it funny how people are hating on the new stab. I have honestly been killed multiple times by it and gotten multiple kills using it... It really isnt as bad as people are making it out to be :P

seems pretty powerful closer range now, but it might be that people are not used to blocking that animation yet.  A little hard to see the end point, but I can't really judge it yet enough since my helmets are all bugged now.

Nothing wrong with at least testing it out and seeing if it should be reverted back or kept.  I kind of wish they would implement an overhead stab as well to mix things up a bit.

adding new animations kind of brings new life to the game, but I understand why people might be upset with such a drastic change like this.

besides the helmet bugs my only real beef is can we please get some of the pics of the new gear updated in the store so we can tell what we are buying. 

ohh yeah almost forgot...FUCK THIS PATCH

LOLer stab 4 lyfe
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2015, 04:18:57 pm »
+1
My thoughts ... eventhough i doubt there are many people who think like me xD

1:PRO) i like the patch in terms of the pure change ... change is always good ... its good for me, to reawake my interrest; the community, to have something new to cry about; for the devs, to have something to show off and show the game is still active

2:CON) patch is to big. It should have been released more incrementally .. to many things to fix at once, to many destorted opinions to make sense of it balance-wise ... until things settle in and real new meta-gameplay shows its face. Half the amount of changes might even already have been to much for one patch ...

3:PRO) i like the patch to be released in a not all perfectly worked out state, instead released early. It makes me feel more like part of a dynamic,living process than just being end-consumer in a static and dictated gameplay.

4:PRO) new 2h stab (cathegory: welcomed change) looks pretty good to me ... still need to work out how to use it properly. I despise most of the instant reactions ... when noone yet had the time to adapt to this huge change.  Its a good start and i would not mind seeing this animation in MBG instead of the old one ...

5:MISC) new items look mostly shiny ... i sadly dont really dig the new Pilgrim Disguise tho .. its high resulution parts dont fit well with the rest imo ... should be balanced  design-wise (I dont run the game in high resulutioni tho, and it looks possibly good on higher settings)
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2015, 04:21:21 pm »
besides the helmet bugs my only real beef is can we please get some of the pics of the new gear updated in the store so we can tell what we are buying. 

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2015, 04:22:43 pm »
Cavalry should be forced to specialize and this great lance change at least forces them to do that a bit. My 21/21 cavalry build is as strong on foot as it is on horseback which is stupid. This plus the fact that you can have a pure 1H shielder on foot and still abuse the shit out of the great lance without any wpf was just way too strong of a combo.

Archery seems way too strong atm. Just wait until people get the hang of the current arrow speeds and start hitting things - it will kill the mod.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: 2h stab suck
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2015, 04:44:38 pm »
+2
[I cant see where my atacks go
Animation looks just stupid when someone looks down with it.
I dosent fit well with character in movemet.
I cant see my enemy when I want to stab them in to face, just can't see them
 /QQ]
I like most of the changes in that pach but I will not accept that stab ever.
I spend some time with it ingame and I have to admit that new stab have potential but it looks stupid and I cant fucking see my weapon when i want to stab someone.
 :mad:

I dont like it, it sucks.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:35:35 pm by Rebelyell »

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2015, 04:53:17 pm »
Wayne is way better with polearms, although he uses lame build and gear. Long polearms are piss easy to use, unless you find yourself in confined space.

Goedendag-Wayyyyne was the worst
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2015, 05:15:00 pm »
+1
After latest patch all my helmets are bugged.

Time for a weeks break.

Offline Fungus

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • QIH
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The best clans
  • Game nicks: Fungus Von Krems, Lyall, Bydand Fungus, Fungus The Saracen
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2015, 05:20:26 pm »
Meh 2H stab feels like NW bayonet down-stab, although the range admittedly feels a tad off. It does however benefit agi 2H spammers as the start of the animation for the new stab is looks very similar to side blocking, meaning feints look even more retarded now imo.

That being said though, it shouldn't take too long for us to get the hang of it.

Now if only we could get a hotfix so I can start wearing half my gear again and not crash every time someone spawns in with a red kaftan.

Offline GandalfJr

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths
  • Game nicks: Cleveland
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2015, 05:29:02 pm »
The fix didn't fix everything, the helmets are now fucked, they levitate above you 4 feet away
balls are like boobs

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2066
  • Infamy: 2106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:18 pm »
Whereas Forum Wayyyyne was recently nerfed and is now distinctly underpowered

Not so sure about that. For example, my 18/24 build seems to deal same damage if not more (except for stab, because BSW has been nerfed big time). But I do feel less damage coming from Katana spammers with 12 or less STR.