Author Topic: Thoughts and ideas on patch 4.1  (Read 7508 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 879
  • Infamy: 753
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts and ideas on patch 4.1
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2015, 11:37:39 pm »
I wonder why they changed it at all; and why so much.

Because some people on EU side abused high riding builds, making it very hard to counter them.

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • Renown: 160
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores, RdF, Ninja, Norse
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
  • IRC nick: Azuma
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2015, 12:32:29 am »
QQ, noone hates my class - 1h no shield, clear sign it's UP  :cry: Buff plox!

I hate 1h cuz f the animations ! YOU LOOK LIKE PLAYMOBILES ! :evil:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:06 am »
+2
So, is 2h no longer gay?

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2015, 02:51:00 am »
So, is 2h no longer gay?
I think it's save to say that it's Bi now.  :wink:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2015, 03:59:37 am »
With the hotfix it looks like a few of the more annoying glitches have been fixed(weapons despawning(some were saying this has been happening to them but I haven't seen it ingame after a few hours today) and the off balance thing).

New 2h stab animation doesn't honestly seem that bad, dont understand all the QQ about it. I did some fucking around with it and it seems like its harder to glance with it as opposed to the old one even though you have a bit less reach and its harder to see where you're aiming. I'm sure in a few days we will have people already figuring out how to abuse it to the max.

Horse Archers are actually viable again, but even with them on today I didn't feel any rage towards them. Their damage was still fairly inconsequential(about 10-15% of my HP(21str with 7if). Its cool to see the class actually playable again though.

My only complaints is that the helmets still need to be fixed(but I think I read somewhere that San/Senni have it fixed but it just didn't get added into the patch fix).
Overall not a bad patch, haven't really noticed much of a difference from pre-patch gameplay though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2015, 04:48:59 am »
+2
With the hotfix it looks like a few of the more annoying glitches have been fixed(weapons despawning(some were saying this has been happening to them but I haven't seen it ingame after a few hours today) and the off balance thing).

New 2h stab animation doesn't honestly seem that bad, dont understand all the QQ about it. I did some fucking around with it and it seems like its harder to glance with it as opposed to the old one even though you have a bit less reach and its harder to see where you're aiming. I'm sure in a few days we will have people already figuring out how to abuse it to the max.

Horse Archers are actually viable again, but even with them on today I didn't feel any rage towards them. Their damage was still fairly inconsequential(about 10-15% of my HP(21str with 7if). Its cool to see the class actually playable again though.

My only complaints is that the helmets still need to be fixed(but I think I read somewhere that San/Senni have it fixed but it just didn't get added into the patch fix).
Overall not a bad patch, haven't really noticed much of a difference from pre-patch gameplay though.

Stop being reasonable, this is a place for complaints and rash yelling.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2015, 04:55:26 am »
+2
I find it funny how people are hating on the new stab. I have honestly been killed multiple times by it and gotten multiple kills using it... It really isnt as bad as people are making it out to be :P

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2015, 05:05:19 am »
+2
Stop being reasonable, this is a place for complaints and rash yelling.

Oh my bad here let me fix it.

OMG YOU NERFED MY BUILD! YOU BUFFED THE THING I HATE! WHY DID YOU CHANGE THIS? GIVE ME LOOMS AND FREE EXCHANGES BECAUSE YOU NERFED AN ITEM I LOOMED SLIGHTLY!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2015, 05:15:23 am »
+1
I find it funny how people are hating on the new stab. I have honestly been killed multiple times by it and gotten multiple kills using it... It really isnt as bad as people are making it out to be :P

It really doesn't seem that bad at all. My only complaints (as a victim of the stab, not as a user) is that it is simply harder to read where the stab will hit and when it will hit (which is probably also true for the user, from what I've read on here). The new hitbox/sweetspot is something that will simply take some getting used to, and everyone will be able to adjust just fine in time, similar to the new 1h stab.

The best thing about the new stab in my opinion, is that in all the long years this mod has been around, 1handers, polearms, especially ranged/cav... we've all had to deal with nerfs/buffs nearly every patch. It's been a wild ride. Yet 2handers remained untouched for the majority of it all. Now they finally get a well-deserved nerf (which really isn't as bad as people are making it sound...  perhaps 'change' would be a better word) and the QQ is off the charts. Enjoy the sweet tears, my non-2hander friends!

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2015, 05:49:43 am »
The best thing about the new patch in my opinion, is that in all the long years this mod has been around, i haven't been forced to change my build once! You've all had to deal with buffs\nerfs nearly every single patch. And i totally haven't, its great! Its been a super easy ride abusing 18-24, and it only gets better and more op every patch! Funny what happened to the longsword, i used to abuse it just like everyone else till longaxe became unbelievably op. Glad i switched to longaxe, now that 2hers have lost their distance stab, i feel even more OP! Thx chadz, CRPG is amazing! Balance team is awesome, keep up the great work!

FTFU
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2015, 06:36:03 am »

Of course, it missing only that. New 2h stab doesnt kills anymore.. rofl ^^
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2015, 09:01:08 am »
+3
The problem with new 2h stab animation is that it looks really bad (just like M:BG dummy animations). I don't really care if it is very effective or not when it looks so lame.
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2015, 09:08:20 am »
+1
The problem with new 2h stab animation is that it looks really bad (just like M:BG dummy animations). I don't really care if it is very effective or not when it looks so lame.

Yes, and above all, we CANNOT see where the sword goes ! ffs !

Now I have a reason to use weapons that dosnt have stab like Axes, Miaodao, Dadao etc... Nod.. Nodachi... --' Nodachi no stab.. hell..
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:25 am »
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2015, 10:39:34 am »
Sad looks more good to me than this silly hats or sai shit around :cry:
Would be an awesome Claymore..
Also thanks for Kreigsmesser,  looks sweet just misses a scabbard though 8-)

Also Crusaders Longsword is nice, but somehow to shiny, looks like a toy and the scabbard leather strips dont go to the back of my character they are somewhere straight in the air..

But for now it would be more nessesary fixing the old stuff.. DTV looks so crazy with tons of flying or invisible stuff around,
keep on the good work guys :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:43:19 am by Spanky_Ham »