Poll

Conquest maps on Siege Servers (EU2/NA2)

Keep them in until multi is fixed.
20 (16.5%)
Get rid of them until multi is fixed.
65 (53.7%)
Keep them in but decrease amount of rounds to change map to 2.
23 (19%)
Keep them out of siege.
13 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Conquest maps on siege.  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Re: Conquest maps on siege.
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 10:52:33 pm »
+4
Well, although I am somewhat mad about the conquest business, I am never serious about blaming Fips for stuff, which I do repeatedly :mrgreen: Regardless of what anybody might say, he has been doing quite a great job. And you too Thranduil.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 10:57:36 pm »
+1
Dont give up on conquest faps dont do it!
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Brucia

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 02:27:55 pm »
Yes, don't give up with it and luckily soon you will have a whole server all for yourself to play in it! COOL BROZ11!!

No really..if people who say it is nice was the people who plays normally it would have all another sense this poll.THE SERVER IS FUCKING DIEING,EVERYDAY PEOPLE QUIT TO PLAY THIS GAME FOREVER..eu1 is a fucking shit, people who were always on eu2 were there for a reason,because that was the only place where to enjoy this VERY old game. This game suffer already from a continue, slow, lost of players due to new games, but what happened in the last 3 weeks is clamorous: more than 50% of the people in eu2 have quit. How can you close your eyes and still think it may be a modality with potential???? It COULD be, but then it only became the way for accellerate the end of Crpg/M&B. Congratulation, you have really did something of relevant!

You are forcing me to quit forever this game that i love and that is the only videogame that i play and that i enjoy since 4 years, and i bet i'm not the only old player that is seriously thining to stop forever with this. I can't have fun anymore with this server half empty that become full empty when a conquest map arrive, and Eu1 during daytime is only a ganking festival incredibly boring. We are arrived at the point that even with a normal siege map you can't hope to find more than 30 persons at 15 pm...not at 4 am!

DO YOU WANT TO KEEP WATCHING THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS GAME, MAKING POLLS AND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND IF PEOPLE WHO NEVER PLAYS INGAME DO LIKE CONQUEST, OR DO YOU WANT TO SOLVE A SITUATION THAT IS ALWAYS WORSE?

Remove immediatly conquest from the rotation and THEN do all the polls you want. When you will know what to do with that modality, so you will do it. In the while this indecision is killing the mod, accept this fact and stop, please.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 03:24:13 pm »
We finally reached 30players on EU2, and bam conquest.

20players......

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 04:23:39 pm »
Moar QQ plz.

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 04:31:01 pm »
Sure,here you go:

Conquest sux,remove or fix multi.NAOW
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 04:33:50 pm »
Sure,here you go:

Conquest sux,remove or fix multi.NAOW
You can do better :O

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 04:35:16 pm »
Last time I played Conquest I had multi...atm I cant do better

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 04:35:42 pm »
We finally reached 30players on EU2, and bam conquest.

20players......

Stahp polluting this forum, isnt there a merc forum or something you can spray your QQ
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 04:36:48 pm »
Stahp polluting this forum, isnt there a merc forum or something you can spray your QQ

Someone
(click to show/hide)
just asked us to QQ...

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2014, 04:52:53 pm »
+2
Super QQ incoming Fips!  :mrgreen: (5 posts were made since I started typing this!)

Somehow, SOMEHOW, we kept an 8v8 last night on NA2 (which in itself is amazing cause most NA just grinds on battle) but what's even more amazing is, we played on ONE siege map (which was way too easy for attackers so I'm gonna remove one of the ladders and see what happens.... back on topic) and then TWO CONQUEST MAPS! YES, we played 2 conquest maps, 3 rounds each. Defenders won the first map each round (first and seconds rounds were damn close though) and then the second map, attackers won each round (last round was damn close, and when I've been saying damn close, I mean we had overtime). Now, I was lucky enough to be winning this whole time, so the second conquest map gave me almost 1.5 hours of x5! Needless to say, I leveled from 27 to 30 during these two conquest maps!

Now, how I forced myself to stay THAT FRIGGIN LONG? Cool peeps, and the fact that I spent almost half of that time running in peasant gear with stick to keep the serious down may have helped.  I dunno. 30 minutes is a long time to spend on any map I think. Even strat battles don't last more than an hour I think. I wouldn't want the timer any lower with some of these conquest maps, but playing the same map for 1.5 hours straight...... well, let's just say the second round of the first conquest map, defenders almost lost because we didn't care. It was awesome fun the first 30 minutes, but multiple rounds on these maps gets cumbersome and tiring. Our motivation as attackers on the 2nd map (after the first round) was to end it as fast as we could....which wasn't that fast because of good defenders.   :rolleyes:

Overall, the two conquest maps I played last night (didn't check the names, but I'd know them if I saw any screenshot) were, for the most part, enjoyable and kinda balanced for our small numbers, albeit, long. Very long. Too long. And we were lucky because either defense always won (barely) or attacker always won (again, barely). The barely part is good, but after 3 rounds on each map, I was sick of that map. Not because I had to find enemies, oh no, they found me. :D Not because of the constant running or dying, cause dat spawn time - wow.... like 3 seconds! May want to modify that a teensie bit. It was simply because I was sick of playing the same map that long. Good maps, but even good maps get tiring to look at and play on for what some people consider a day's worth of playing cRPG.  If one team had not won each round, we'd have been there even longer (and if that had happened, I guarantee you, most, if not all, of the small NA2 population would have left. Not from losing a high multi over a good 30 minutes (some of us were playing this whole time with a x2 or less), but because it would mean the same map for at least another 30 minutes.

tl;dr

Conquest was fun last night. We had a good population for NA2. Fix multi. Fix spawn times. Make it first to 2 wins or just have 2 rounds per conquest map, period. Hell, maybe even 1.  :D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2014, 06:29:38 pm »
Hmm yes, i like that.. Less rounds +1.

Btw, thranduil, can you edit the maps?

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2014, 06:39:50 pm »
Everyone could,the question is if they would be accepted.

Offline Brucia

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2014, 07:43:57 pm »
Moar QQ plz.

Well..honestly this wasn't the answer i was hoping for. If you are really sure you are doing good for this game, so keep on your road..but it will be a real pain when it will end against a wall...

If you really don't care about the players who populate the server (even if i thought THIS was one of the main duty of an admin), at least care about your own poll: Get rid of them until multi is fixed

P.S: is fun that most of the persons who write here appreciament for this modality are NEVER online when conquest is on..if you want really to know something from the REAL players, come ingame on any afternoon and you will read about some real thoughts with your own eyes. Most of people who plays ingame don't lose time writing here..i'm doing this only because i'm forced since, thanks to decisions made by other persons, i can't get any kind of amusement ingame now...otherwise i would be there too!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:48:16 pm by Brucia »

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2014, 07:52:35 pm »
Hmm yes, i like that.. Less rounds +1.

Btw, thranduil, can you edit the maps?

If they were my own, or if I had permission, yes. Technically I could anyway, but that's disrespectful to the original map maker should they be available and compliant to edit it. In the case that they are not, then yeah, typically anyone could edit it. Usually one of the scene managers will I think, but yeah, Namakan is right. The changes would be reviewed (usually) and have to be accepted, but in most cases they would be because you have to test the changes to see if they will work, and that usually means live guinea pigs players testing and giving their opinions.

Well..honestly this wasn't the answer i was hoping for. If you are really sure you are doing good for this game, so keep on your road..but it will be a real pain when it will end against a wall...

If you really don't care about the players who populate the server (even if i thought THIS was one of the main duty of an admin), at least care about your own poll: Get rid of them until multi is fixed

P.S: is fun that most of the persons who write here appreciament for this modality are NEVER online when conquest is on..if you want really to know something from the REAL players, come ingame on any afternoon and you will read about some real thoughts with your own eyes. Most of people who plays ingame don't lose time writing here..i'm doing this only because i'm forced since, thanks to decisions made by other persons, i can't get any kind of amusement ingame now...otherwise i would be there too!

Fips can do whatever he or the community wants to the rotation, but the changes won't go into effect until the servers are restarted, so all he can do is ask for a server restart, but he can't force the devs to restart the servers. Typically servers won't restart until a patch or hotfix is implemented. Just how it goes I'm afraid.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login