Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54446 times)

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #270 on: May 30, 2014, 02:25:46 pm »
one more thing.
above the point that heavy horses must to require less riding skill then light ones.

why don't u set flamberg is required 9 PS skill. sounds fair enough. this way all dumb  nerded 2hs can't use the weapon like this. u wanna use it get a lot of STR.

u want balance, u ll got balance. fuck those 70% of players who playing with 2h. time to balance.

still, light horses are more demanding then heavy ones.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #271 on: May 30, 2014, 03:58:18 pm »
+3
one more thing.
above the point that heavy horses must to require less riding skill then light ones.

why don't u set flamberg is required 9 PS skill. sounds fair enough. this way all dumb  nerded 2hs can't use the weapon like this. u wanna use it get a lot of STR.

u want balance, u ll got balance. fuck those 70% of players who playing with 2h. time to balance.

still, light horses are more demanding then heavy ones.
Because Tydeus uses the Flamberge.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #272 on: May 30, 2014, 05:12:00 pm »
Because Tydeus uses the Flamberge.
You're right. I've never once tried to convince anyone that the flamberge is actually OP, especially in comparison to the Glaive. I realize you don't sit in the chaos TS, so you're simply not in touch with the people I converse with, but not making assumptions about things that really can easily be debunked from several angles, might be a good thing to start practicing.

One reason we have an Item Balance TEAM, is specifically for reasons like this. While I may not play a lot of cav, both Gurnisson and San do. So I don't see how you could think "bias" is the cause of the recent patch changes.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #273 on: May 30, 2014, 06:03:30 pm »
+1
Is anything planned so we're able to unfuck our cav chars a bit? Like giving back 9 STR instead of 3 or something similar

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #274 on: May 30, 2014, 06:58:35 pm »
+3
One reason we have an Item Balance TEAM, is specifically for reasons like this. While I may not play a lot of cav, both Gurnisson and San do. So I don't see how you could think "bias" is the cause of the recent patch changes.

because item balancing teams are comprised of humans and humans are self interested and self interest results in biased decisions, even if rationalized and apparently justified sufficiently to themselves and others

and the player base is human and they're gonna complain if their self interests aren't met by the particular biases driving patch changes by the balancers

and we're all gonna die and none of this matters
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lienlook

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 30, 2014, 07:49:26 pm »
this kind of messed up my thrower build; no respec for throwers?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #276 on: May 30, 2014, 07:50:06 pm »
because item balancing teams are comprised of humans and humans are self interested and self interest results in biased decisions, even if rationalized and apparently justified sufficiently to themselves and others

and the player base is human and they're gonna complain if their self interests aren't met by the particular biases driving patch changes by the balancers

and we're all gonna die and none of this matters
Indeed, but you're not analyzing "human values", nearly enough. I value balance (not to mention several other qualities) higher than anything else I get out of this mod at the moment. So intentionally leaving an OP weapon as is, simply because I use it, is in conflict with a higher priority value(s). Thus leaving an item unbalanced because of this type of personal bias, is less likely, and uncharacteristic of my personality. I'm not saying I don't have any personal bias to certain things, I clearly do, you just won't it here of all places.

this kind of messed up my thrower build; no respec for throwers?
Eh... really? How? Horse Thrower, perhaps?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 30, 2014, 07:55:27 pm »
They pay 3 times or maybe even 4 times more upkeep ONLY for their horse than you pay for your whole equipment, don't you think it's fair that it survives some hits?

I am using a +3 War Horse and it dies in 3-4 hits no matter what weapon, and I already pay 2.3 k upkeep for it, I guess 2 times more than your whole equipment. I think thats more than fair.

firstly, upkeep under no circumstances should affect the balance of the game; at this point in crpg many players have basically unlimited money, and especially with the valour system, many of the better players have nearly permanent x5's.

secondly, a war horse is a medium horse, and has significantly weaker stats than the mamluk horse, with it dieing in 3-4 hits "no matter which weapon", the mamluk dies in 6-8 hits "no matter which weapon".

this was a big problem, considering that it's taking me ~4-5 hits to kill a medium horse and ~8+ hits to kill a heavy horse, whilst they 1 shot kill everyone else because of their combined high strength and the damage done by ACS/2h weapons/lances from horseback (they almost always hit you in the head, + speed bonus, + high powerstrike from strength-based cavalry).

new patch was direly needed.

I'm not exaggerating either. I am 24/21 with 155 pole wpf and I can two-hit horses with a+3  long awlpike thrust, 2-3 hits with a +3 red tassel spear thrust. A side swing from +3 long maul can kill the horse and rider if they are charging at full speed.

What are you doing that makes it take so many more hits?

let's just go to eu3 and test it
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2014, 07:57:47 pm »
with 8 PT it takes 2 throwing lances to kill a cloth archer. even pre-patch i couldnt kill a charging rouncy with 1 lance. i dont find any use for them now. other throwing weapons better

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 30, 2014, 08:16:40 pm »
me and hate more were just practicing this on eu3, me with 7ps, 140 pole wpf, +3 red tassel, he charged at me full speed on a flat plain and i tried to kill him, took me

9 hits for a +3 plated charger
7 hits for a +3 cataphract
6 hits for a +3 charger
3 hits for a +3 arabian warhorse

remember hate more has 10 riding skill meaning he goes very fast and it increases the damage i did to him
this is all after the armour and hp of most of these horses was significantly nerfed as well

with my 57 body armour and 46 head armour i am regularly one shot killed by cavalry

this patch was a very necessary change.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2014, 08:20:11 pm »
+3
me and hate more were just practicing this on eu3, me with 7ps, 140 pole wpf, +3 red tassel, he charged at me full speed on a flat plain and i tried to kill him, took me

6 hits for a +3 charger

remember hate more has 10 riding skill meaning he goes very fast and it increases the damage i did to him
this is all after the armour and hp of most of these horses was significantly nerfed as well

with my 57 body armour and 46 head armour i am regularly one shot killed by cavalry

hit legs
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »
+1

6 hits for a +3 charger

What if we nerfed ranged dmg to a maximum of 10% per hit and 30% per headshot so nobody can oneshotkill anyone except infantry.

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2014, 08:24:58 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

death to grellenort! :D

TY!
I'm fine!
First i go to 18/24, to use my mamluk horse and plated charger.
(click to show/hide)

But mamluk horse not more so immortal. Plated charger now die like fly!
So i go back to 21/21.
Warhorse.
(click to show/hide)
Rouncey on strat.
(click to show/hide)

If it makes no different, why i should pay more?
Elite horses are not worth the money, believe me.
Patch hurts only STR cav and horsemen newcomers, and makes shity balance of horses.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:32:55 pm by T_Grellenort »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2014, 08:26:13 pm »
+1
with 8 PT it takes 2 throwing lances to kill a cloth archer. even pre-patch i couldnt kill a charging rouncy with 1 lance. i dont find any use for them now. other throwing weapons better

You mean it takes 1 and a quarter of a throwing lances to kill a cloth archer, surely?
Its power could be bettered to one shot most of everything light and some medium, but then it would quite IMBA.

I find throwing lance excellent on a HT, and on foot to severely maim any horses or unshielded opponent. You dont have to finish them using a 2nd throwing lance, you already took out 90% of their health.

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2014, 08:29:03 pm »
+3
Now you can kill him with one blow, before with 2, if, of course, not be a noob.
(click to show/hide)