Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 56689 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2014, 12:59:54 am »
+2
Am I the only one who thinks riding requerement increase led to increased variety?
Before we had everyone with the same type of builds - take an infantry lvl 30 build, add riding on higher lvls.
Now if someone is an infantry, - he's fast on foot but can't use a horse. If someone is a cav - he's fast on horseback but slow on foot.
Cavalry and infantry are now different classes - that's what I call variety.
This.
Especially strength builds on plated chargers with 2h were just silly.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2014, 01:07:42 am »
+1
Variety lol...

It's been 2 days right, so people have decided what they wanna be...take a look at eu1..trololo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2014, 01:14:05 am »
+5
PEPE NEEDS MOAR POLES !!!!

GUISARME :
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:20:01 am by pepejul »
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2014, 01:25:52 am »
+3
NUNTI NINJA HAST : visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2014, 01:50:55 am »
Am I the only one who thinks riding requerement increase led to increased variety?
Before we had everyone with the same type of builds - take an infantry lvl 30 build, add riding on higher lvls.
Now if someone is an infantry, - he's fast on foot but can't use a horse. If someone is a cav - he's fast on horseback but slow on foot.

good man, this man

exactly what i'm trying to say
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2014, 02:01:43 am »
+1

Except...not really. There are a lot of 21/18 builds. I'm guessing that number will increase. Those people can still be great on foot and on cav. You'll just see less variety in horses. At level 30 with 6 riding, you can ride a Courser, Destrier, Barded Warhorse or Padded Warhorse. All good choices. I doubt that there will be many dedicated cav who go to 15/24 builds, because balanced builds are soooo much better. A few may just for shits and giggles, but I think the variety of the heavier horses will be used mainly by HA's and HX's.

This didn't affect cav/infantry hyrbids at all. It just reduced the amount of horses you'll see used.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #307 on: May 31, 2014, 03:03:21 am »
Except...not really. There are a lot of 21/18 builds. I'm guessing that number will increase. Those people can still be great on foot and on cav. You'll just see less variety in horses. At level 30 with 6 riding, you can ride a Courser, Destrier, Barded Warhorse or Padded Warhorse. All good choices. I doubt that there will be many dedicated cav who go to 15/24 builds, because balanced builds are soooo much better. A few may just for shits and giggles, but I think the variety of the heavier horses will be used mainly by HA's and HX's.

This didn't affect cav/infantry hyrbids at all. It just reduced the amount of horses you'll see used.
Previously the only thing you saw on NA was heavy cav, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. The only time you saw other types of cav on eu from what I noticed, was when there were so many cav on the field that anything you spawned with already had unusually high survivability, simply due to the fact that there were so many other targets. That's a pretty damn artificial case of "variety" to me.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #308 on: May 31, 2014, 03:16:15 am »
+4
Previously the only thing you saw on NA was heavy cav

Sure, just turn a blind eye to the worst type of cav, the courser lancer.  :rolleyes:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2014, 03:34:34 am »
+5
Maybe 8 was too large of a change, but I had my doubts about the maximum damage from charge with the increased speed. I spent the last few months playing all types of agility cav to make sure that such builds designed around high riding were still viable. Respec could have been handled differently, but at the time I was thinking that -9str and riding refund would've been too much. Could have just not refunded the riding skill.

I think the biggest problem right now is 0 leg armor for the horse. It makes sense realistically, but I think it should be a % of armor, not fully reduced to 0. Hopefully, the armor for the legs can be changed to the amount of armor on the horse / 2 or 1.5 or something. The intent is to increase the minimum # of hits to kill the horses (0 leg armor change, higher HP) while reducing the maximum number of hits (base armor on the horse). Many of the changes were internal so war horse doesn't have as much charge as large war horse, the very maneuverable horses have less charge than the horses that are centered on speed, and that there are no horses that are excellent at absolutely everything.

Hybridization as a whole is easier. Even 0 riding isn't *too* bad for pure melee, and many of the cheaper horses stats aren't inferior enough to never really use them when compared to those above.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 31, 2014, 03:40:22 am »
Even 0 riding isn't *too* bad for pure melee

:?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #311 on: May 31, 2014, 03:41:40 am »
Why does jumping negate almost all of the bump damage?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2014, 03:43:35 am »
You can have some fun with it is what I was getting at. It's not unplayable.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2014, 03:49:12 am »
Oh, I thought you meant 0 riding was good for pure melee infantry (guess you meant melee cavalry), which is why I was confused. To me melee = 1h/2h/polearm (infantry), ranged = crossbow/archer/thrower (on foot), and cav = 1h/2h/lancer/HA/HX. Nevermind then.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2014, 04:58:50 am »
+2
Previously the only thing you saw on NA was heavy cav, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. The only time you saw other types of cav on eu from what I noticed, was when there were so many cav on the field that anything you spawned with already had unusually high survivability, simply due to the fact that there were so many other targets. That's a pretty damn artificial case of "variety" to me.

So we go from lots of heavy cav to pretty much no heavy cav? Not much of a change, really. 8 riding skill is a point that hardly anyone goes to.

Instead of dropping all the heavy cav at 7 or 8 riding skill, they could be spread out like the lighter horses. You could have a 5 skill heavy cav, but just make it slow and turn like a bus. Then drop one at 6, 7, 8 whatever. It gives players more options instead of, "if you want to ride this horse you must have this build." Or, lower the stats on all horses and give larger increases with higher ride skill. Again, it gives players more options.

I like all the changes done to light cav, but with heavy cav...going from servers full of heavy cav to servers with no heavy cav isn't really a fix.