Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54365 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2014, 08:45:59 pm »
Now you can kill him with one blow, before with 2, if, of course, not be a noob.

lol :P
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2014, 08:55:55 pm »
+3
me and hate more were just practicing this on eu3, me with 7ps, 140 pole wpf, +3 red tassel, he charged at me full speed on a flat plain and i tried to kill him, took me

9 hits for a +3 plated charger
7 hits for a +3 cataphract
6 hits for a +3 charger
3 hits for a +3 arabian warhorse

remember hate more has 10 riding skill meaning he goes very fast and it increases the damage i did to him
this is all after the armour and hp of most of these horses was significantly nerfed as well

with my 57 body armour and 46 head armour i am regularly one shot killed by cavalry

this patch was a very necessary change.
ha NOOOB
how you dont know weak spots
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline lienlook

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2014, 09:04:46 pm »
+1
By the way, not sure if this was mentioned before but you broke siege.
3 maps in a row with 3-0 for attackers.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2014, 09:40:09 pm »
By the way, not sure if this was mentioned before but you broke siege.
3 maps in a row with 3-0 for attackers.
Thats a bug that was fixed this morning. We're waiting on a few things for the hotfix.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2014, 10:21:07 pm »
Not sure if this has been asked, but if I may divert the attention away from cav and riding for just a moment - are the weapon proficiency bonus points working properly? I have a bonus in both 1h and polearm for an alt of mine, (153 and 156 respectively) but in game they are the value without the bonus (134 and 137 respectively) and it does feel like I have 134~137 wpf as opposed to 153~156. Is it just me feeling a little slow or are those bonus points not working for me in game?

Thanks.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2014, 10:30:02 pm »
+9
Every once in a while I'll spec into cav, but I definitely consider myself an infantry player (when I actually play this game anymore).

That being said, the changes to cav went way, way overboard. It's like you came across a dirty window and your solution to fix it was hit it with a sledgehammer.

Originally, this was a game about choice and fun. Now it just keeps getting diluted down and the variety of builds just keeps getting reduced. I never thought cav was a problem. The one thing that cav is REALLY good at, is killing idiots and rambos who charge in without paying attention. Cav is pretty easy to avoid or kill if they're coming at you. A lot of people in this thread complaining that armored horses were OP seem to have no idea how to combat cav. They complain that once they stop the cav, hitting it with their tiny, no-speed-bonus weapon takes a million hits to kill it. Well, it is an armored horse. Why not, I dunno hit the rider instead? You know, the guy with less armor & hp? Or, when the horse is running at you, hit it in the legs which will 1-shot a hell of a lot of horses.

Adjusting armor, hp values or even difficulty by a point or two is totally reasonable. Changing the difficulty by 3(!) skill points is not. Especially since you need 9(!) attribute points to make up that difference. I think the 3 point attribute reset just adds insult to injury.

All this patch really does is dramatically reduce the amount of heavy cav on the field, which is a real shame. There goes even more variety. So what if it was easy for heavy cav to kill idiots? That person's 10:1 kdr doesn't mean a damn thing to me. The reduction of variety, viable builds & the unending grind just makes me play this game less and less. I miss the good 'ole days. Sure it was unbalanced as fuck, but my god was it fun.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2014, 10:47:17 pm »
+2
[Logical argument that brings up great points]

Exactly... c-rpg first attracted me because you were promised you could "be any class you want." Arguably you still can, but with limited efficiency. The amount of viable builds has only decreased over the years. Yes, things like a flamberge-in-your-back-pocket archer aren't exactly fair classes for everyone else, so the slot addition was a necessary change. However, something like this is simply uncalled for. I for one am thinking of changing my cav alt (first and only cav character I've ever made) into a pure shielder after this patch, and the difficulty of my horse only went up by one. That said, I simply don't want to run around with only 15 strength as a 1hander as I prefer to be as effective in ground combat as possible since I get bored on horseback real fast. I've only ever done a minimum of 18 str on a pure shielder since 1handers typically do shit damage. Being only level 30, I'm not a high enough level where I can crutch on high speed bonus either. What to do... what to do...

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2014, 11:02:10 pm »
Exactly... c-rpg first attracted me because you were promised you could "be any class you want." Arguably you still can, but with limited efficiency. The amount of viable builds has only decreased over the years. Yes, things like a flamberge-in-your-back-pocket archer aren't exactly fair classes for everyone else, so the slot addition was a necessary change. However, something like this is simply uncalled for. I for one am thinking of changing my cav alt (first and only cav character I've ever made) into a pure shielder after this patch, and the difficulty of my horse only went up by one. That said, I simply don't want to run around with only 15 strength as a 1hander as I prefer to be as effective in ground combat as possible since I get bored on horseback real fast. I've only ever done a minimum of 18 str on a pure shielder since 1handers typically do shit damage. Being only level 30, I'm not a high enough level where I can crutch on high speed bonus either. What to do... what to do...

being able to play any class is great

but as "Mr. X" said so beautifully in the balance thread, playing cavalry [before the patch], is like playing a regular infantry, who has just got a couple more levels and put the points into "riding"

there is no reason not to do this; even if you just run around at the start of the map on a mamluk holding up your shield and bumping people, then dismounting when your horse is at half hp, you'd still get more kills than if you did the same build but as pure infantry.

the way the patch has changed it now, you're either specced as a cavalry player, or you're specced as an infantry player. not as an infantry who can ride a horse, like it was pre-patch -_-.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2014, 11:11:06 pm »
+8

but as "Mr. X" said so beautifully in the balance thread, playing cavalry [before the patch], is like playing a regular infantry, who has just got a couple more levels and put the points into "riding"

there is no reason not to do this; even if you just run around at the start of the map on a mamluk holding up your shield and bumping people, then dismounting when your horse is at half hp, you'd still get more kills than if you did the same build but as pure infantry.

the way the patch has changed it now, you're either specced as a cavalry player, or you're specced as an infantry player. not as an infantry who can ride a horse, like it was pre-patch -_-.

Hybrids are terrible and are the scourge of this game alright. I mean, how horrible is it to have variety? I propose that if someone equips a bow, they can no longer equip any melee weapon. Then they will be specced as a ranged player. Not a ranged player who can use a sword. See why your argument is dumb?

Cav are a counter to people who are dumb and people who ignore teamwork. They are terribly easy to avoid. And your gleeful cackles about reducing variety in this mod makes me think you won't be happy until it is reduced to the point where it resembles pong.

Cav only get a lot of kills when the other team ignore them. As a dedicated infantry player, I've always considered cav doing well having more to do with the opposing team being terrible rather than the cav doing well.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2014, 11:14:01 pm »
+3

you have potential to be politician

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2014, 11:15:48 pm »
+2
i think capping the high end difficulty requirement at 7 would alleviate a lot of these issues (without lowering everything else at the same time). 8 might be asking a bit too much in altering a build to be able to ride a certain horse, but 7 is right in the sweet spot of or near average builds that could choose to put their points into cav over other things if that's what they wanna do. but at least it would still be a choice that'd have to be made, to specialize more into cav or not. as well as less of a fucking over of people getting only 3 points back when now they're already owned horse might need more than that to use.

but i do like that most of them now take at least 6 cav skill, hell i'd even like to see the lesser requirement ones raised another +1

and yes, i have an 18/21 build. coulda chosen to respec into 15/24 with the skill refund to be able to ride em all, but i'm not interested in riding em all, i have my horses and am happy with those.

oh and for people complaining about lack of variety, make an alt

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2014, 11:31:43 pm »
+7
Am I the only one who thinks riding requerement increase led to increased variety?
Before we had everyone with the same type of builds - take an infantry lvl 30 build, add riding on higher lvls.
Now if someone is an infantry, - he's fast on foot but can't use a horse. If someone is a cav - he's fast on horseback but slow on foot.
Cavalry and infantry are now different classes - that's what I call variety.

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2014, 11:54:45 pm »
+4
You're right. I've never once tried to convince anyone that the flamberge is actually OP, especially in comparison to the Glaive. I realize you don't sit in the chaos TS, so you're simply not in touch with the people I converse with, but not making assumptions about things that really can easily be debunked from several angles, might be a good thing to start practicing.

One reason we have an Item Balance TEAM, is specifically for reasons like this. While I may not play a lot of cav, both Gurnisson and San do. So I don't see how you could think "bias" is the cause of the recent patch changes.
*NOTE* I am using my situation as an example because I know that there are more of you out there, especially higher levels that are facing the same problem. Don't take this as a selfish discussion. I think I am pointing out some obvious unfair issues with this patch.

Look, I have dealt with the nerfs before; my +3 warhammer, steel pick, huscarls shield.... All things that countered 2h with speed with the penalty of reach, or coverage with the disadvantage of weight. But they keep getting nerfed until they are about useless.. (mainly huscarls). Oh.... almost forgot about strength builds as well. But I have not spoke up until now because I accepted that it happened and it was small enough that I could deal with it.
However this nerf has taken it too far because not only are you making my +3 horse useless to me, but you are also messing up my build that took a long time to create. I am lv. 34 right at 60 mil left to 35 (I took a break for a while...) where my build would have been complete. The upkeep for cav has made me about broke... So I really do hope you see my point in this argument. I was coming back to the game, but if this is all I have to look forward to.... seems like 4 years wasted. Because I would either be stuck with a half ass build or forced to retire (which is not going to happen).

All I am asking for is at least a full respec so that I may choose whether I want to be cav or foot.
A loom respec on the horse would make the decision easier for me... (back to foot for sure)  but I am not going to push that issue because the respec is more important.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:29:09 am by Devestater »
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2014, 12:16:40 am »
+2
*NOTE* I am using my situation as an example because I know that there are more of you out there, especially higher levels that are facing the same problem. Don't take this as a selfish discussion. I think I am pointing out some obvious unfair issues with this patch.

Look, I have dealt with the nerfs before; my +3 warhammer, steel pick, huscarls shield.... All things that countered 2h with speed with the penalty of reach, or coverage with the disadvantage of weight. But they keep getting nerfed until they are about useless.. (mainly huscarls). I have not spoke up until now because I accepted that it happened and it was small enough that I could deal with it.
However this nerf has taken it too far because not only are you making my +3 horse useless to me, but you are also messing up my build that took a long time to create. I am lv. 34 right at 60 mil left to 35 (I took a break for a while...) where my build would have been complete. The upkeep for cav has made me about broke... So I really do hope you see my point in this argument. I was coming back to the game, but if this is all I have to look forward to.... seems like 4 years wasted. Because I would either be stuck with a half ass build or forced to retire (which is not going to happen).

All I am asking for is at least a full respec so that I may choose whether I want to be cav or foot.
A loom respec on the horse would make the decision easier for me... (back to foot for sure)  but I am not going to push that issue because the respec is more important.

Devastated.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi