Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54330 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2014, 12:12:15 am »
+3
I play a lot on my large warhorse +3 lately, and pre/post patch I very rarely survive being reared once, except if I'm lucky.

Corsair testimony looks like he had a bad nightmare where he got raped by Cicero  :P

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2014, 12:30:04 am »
Great patch.

The retardedly OP heavy cav was killing the mod making it unfunny for everyone.

We will still have them around, but riders will be more vulnerable and specialized. It's not the end of the world for them either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2014, 12:34:59 am »
+6
I don't really understand why people claim cav was such a problem. Awareness is enough to not die to them ever, no matter what weapon choice you make. Once you learn that, cav is incredibly weak.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2014, 12:48:54 am »
+1
Don't argue with Corsair, hes exaggerating alot and mad because he gets killed by heavy cav with 2 bumbs cause high-agi 1h + light armor. All you said so far is correct and also normal on EU, no somewhat good player has problems with dodging cav or rearing/damaging them without being damaged alot himself.

I play 2h, hoplite/polearm and 1h medium-heavy cav- chars and have no problems with any class against any class in any situation, except ranged of course.

i'm 21/21, 140 wpf pole, +3 red tassel spear, and i wear between 30 and 55 body armour :)))

as for the horses, i'm not exaggerating, +3 mamluk horses i regularly rear to the face with their full speed bonus, and this can happen 5, 6 times in a round without them dieing.

it's honestly ridiculous.

--------------as for dodging cav and awareness etc etc, sure, if it was a 5v5, np.

it's not though, it's eu1; 30v30, 40v40, 50v50. these guys take ridiculous chances; they repeatedly attack you in the back even when you have a spear ready, trying to 1 shot kill you, they're completely relying on luck (which is massively boosted by the fact that their horses are so tough); i can be paying attention 9/10 times, rear 9 horses (if they're all heavy horses none of them will die), but that 1/10 times when a heavy cav guy gets through and 1 shot kills me, purely relying on stats and luck, it's just stupid.

this patch, however, has solved that, so it's fine. these people complaining that they can't play as invincible 8 kdr battle tanks anymore is pretty dumb though, just grow a pair and play a fair class guys

EDIT: if you have a +3 mamluk and would like to come on eu3 to test how many hits it takes i would be more than willing
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:02:21 am by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2014, 01:16:38 am »
+4
i'm 21/21, 140 wpf pole, +3 red tassel spear, and i wear between 30 and 55 body armour :)))

as for the horses, i'm not exaggerating, +3 mamluk horses i regularly rear to the face with their full speed bonus, and this can happen 5, 6 times in a round without them dieing.

--------------as for dodging cav and awareness etc etc, sure, if it was a 5v5, np.

it's not though, it's eu1; 30v30, 40v40, 50v50. these guys take ridiculous chances; they repeatedly attack you in the back even when you have a spear ready, trying to 1 shot kill you, they're completely relying on luck (which is massively boosted by the fact that their horses are so tough); i can be paying attention 9/10 times, rear 9 horses (if they're all heavy horses none of them will die), but that 1/10 times when a heavy cav guy gets through and 1 shot kills me, purely relying on stats and luck, it's just stupid.

this patch, however, has solved that, so it's fine. these people complaining that they can't play as invincible 8 kdr battle tanks anymore is pretty dumb though, just grow a pair and play a fair class guys

EDIT: if you have a +3 mamluk and would like to come on eu3 to test how many hits it takes i would be more than willing
hit horse in the legs, 2h hero can sometimes onehit +3 plated charger if lucky, i dont see what is the problem, if people dont know weak spots of horse they should be playing hello kitty or something.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2014, 01:18:11 am »
Upkeep is pretty much solely used to keep item usage in check. So I would refrain from using the argument "but you pay xxxx more gold". Well, either you're great at cav and you don't really worry about the upkeep at all as it's either minor or nonexistent for you, or you're bad and should really only be playing it every now and then. Zero sympathy.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2014, 01:30:45 am »
Every time speed or maneuver gets nerfed, the dumb cav game gets even more dumb.

I guess it is true, but still I dont mind and don't notice a large difference, and I dont even play with a loomed arab.  :lol:

Im still doing the same, but ive never been a type of player that played at the very reach of the items/horses possibility  :wink:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2014, 01:35:10 am »
+3
Full wipe would've been a much easier solution to all the problems, most notably for:

a) 90% of people being high level/fully loomed/untouched by repairs even in full plates riding heavy horses/etc

As ive been saying

Remove looms 2k12
Remove looms 2k13
And now
Remove looms 2k14

But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2014, 01:39:21 am »
Corsair, Sanderson is NA, where things are a bit different than EU. Entire clans don't saddle up on Plated Chargers with Full Plate armor every day for weeks consecutive. Now, we do see entire horse archer regimes who probably giggle their hearts out at the amount of anger it causes everyone, and CS-GO Pro snipers with every ranged weapon possible. The only way to have your horse survive past the 5:00 mark while having someone like Robert Namo Astralis(NA) on was to have mamluk or something with similar armor. This patch helps with using a heavy horse for the high agi ranged cav and gets rid of alot of people who used to armor up their horse and counter that type of gameplay, in atleast NA.

Evading arrows isn't véry hard, aslong as you dont get focused down..

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2014, 02:40:58 am »
+6
Okay so now I am almost lv. 35 and my build is all messed up? I have a Champion Cataphract that I can not ride because it requires 7 riding now? Not to mention cav nerfed all to shit. I think a full respec is needed for cav not a half ass one. Especially for the people above lv. 30 that no longer retire. Also think a loom reset for horses is in order since you changed the riding skill level.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:59:50 am by Devestater »
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2014, 02:44:34 am »
+2
Okay so now I am almost lv. 35 and my build is all messed up? I have a champion cataphract that I can not ride because it requires 7 riding now? Not to mention cav nerfed all to shit. I think a full respec is needed for cav not a half ass one. Especially for the people above lv. 30 that no longer retire. Also think a loom reset for horses is in order since you changed the riding skill level.

Same Issue :/ but im almost level 33 ( Dont play everyday :P )

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2014, 04:31:18 am »
+5

I'm not exaggerating either. I am 24/21 with 155 pole wpf and I can two-hit horses with a+3  long awlpike thrust, 2-3 hits with a +3 red tassel spear thrust. A side swing from +3 long maul can kill the horse and rider if they are charging at full speed.

What are you doing that makes it take so many more hits?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2014, 04:47:04 am »
+2
Since we are forced not to be cav any longer, The ONLY fair thing to do is give a FULL Character respec to anyone with riding skill AND a loom respec for loomed horses. I could loom my helmet instead and go back to on foot.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:09:48 am by Devestater »
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2014, 05:23:21 am »
+2
I'm not exaggerating either. I am 24/21 with 155 pole wpf and I can two-hit horses with a+3  long awlpike thrust, 2-3 hits with a +3 red tassel spear thrust. A side swing from +3 long maul can kill the horse and rider if they are charging at full speed.

What are you doing that makes it take so many more hits?
He's either exaggerating Witchcraft or not thrusting properly because your account on these weapons is far more accurate. The corseque is also a polearm that can almost always 2hit +3 heavy horses, just ask Bonsai. Pretty sure working class has 1hit my horse and I with the great long bardiche side swing too.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2014, 05:31:02 am »
+2
He's either exaggerating Witchcraft or not thrusting properly because your account on these weapons is far more accurate. The corseque is also a polearm that can almost always 2hit +3 heavy horses, just ask Bonsai. Pretty sure working class has 1hit my horse and I with the great long bardiche side swing too.

Pretty sure I've oneshot your horse with a long axe... those leg hits, man.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador