Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54328 times)

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2014, 05:39:34 am »
+1
Holy shit the Siege Spawn Timers.

20 sec countdown= 40 sec waiting time.

(click to show/hide)

Also explain
Tydeus: Tweaked hand/wrist rotation in the onehanded right-to-left swing.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:45:54 am by Sharpe »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2014, 06:17:59 am »
+2
Pretty sure I've oneshot your horse with a long axe... those leg hits, man.
More than once.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2014, 06:53:15 am »
+1
I still fondly remember this time on siege, when Finnian with horse and shield charged at me, and I stabbed his horse in that magic sweet spot with my MW short arming sword and 0PS and killed both horse and rider, oh, it was magical.

Unfortunately, I also remember the time I could fearlessly play chicken with an oncoming horse, and shoot it in the head causing it to drop dead. This no longer ever happens. *sigh*.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2014, 06:57:18 am »
+6
i'm 21/21, 140 wpf pole, +3 red tassel spear, and i wear between 30 and 55 body armour :)))

as for the horses, i'm not exaggerating, +3 mamluk horses i regularly rear to the face with their full speed bonus, and this can happen 5, 6 times in a round without them dieing.

it's honestly ridiculous.

EDIT: if you have a +3 mamluk and would like to come on eu3 to test how many hits it takes i would be more than willing

Altough you're a good player I think you obviously suck at killing horses. I barely survived a rear with, lets say 3 enemies or more around. I mean yeah, if they are weakling agi shits why the fuck should they be able to deal massive damage to a heavily armored horse?
And yes I own a +3 mamluk horse, but guess what... I cant use it anymore unless I reach lvl 39 thanks to that patch.

Now seriously, the fact that statistcs of horses were changed is just a joke and a distraction - the real purpose was obviously a simple item denial which is just totally not what crpg used to be. One of the really great and awesome things always was that you had so many choices.
But hey, lets do some item-chocolate chip cookieing.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2014, 08:54:07 am »
+2
I mean yeah, if they are weakling agi shits why the fuck should they be able to deal massive damage to a heavily armored horse?

Coming from a weak little agi shit, it's still damn easy to kill a horse. I tend to use a long axe, and (say what you will about it) it is probably one of the worst anti-cav weps. Unless you can get on the left side of the cav (so you can use that long right-to-left swing), you're doomed. You either have to completely evade the horse, or try and take a swing (most likely at the cost of your life). That said, I still find it laughably easy to take down cavalry. I've got a whopping 6 PS and can oneshot a +3 warhorse (or large warhorse? I can't tell the difference). That's kinda ridiculous. If they are coming at me full speed, and I notice them, I have almost every advantage. I can easily evade, or run at them (super duper speed bonus time) and take them on with confidence. The only times I complain about cav, it is because of my own fault. That, or while I'm fighting other guys in melee they cut me down from behind... that can't be helped, but whatever, no honor among cav (those backstabbing sons of bitches). Also, anyone who is a hoplite (without a staff... I'm talking a real, peirce-damage-doing hoplite) or two directional polearmer... hell, any polearm with a pierce stab, really, has no reason to complain about cav. Using my bec, voulge, or swiss is a cakewalk against cav. Hell, even my long hafted knobbed mace and long maul are noticeably easier than the long axe simply due to their length. I am noticeably more frustrated about cav as my 1hand shielder, but with the new stab, it's not at all that bad. If you're using a 3 directional 1hander, yeah, you're fucked... but that's simply how this game works. It's rock, paper, scissors (and shotgun... but the shotgun isn't cavalry).

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2014, 09:50:58 am »
+1
Okay so now I am almost lv. 35 and my build is all messed up? I have a Champion Cataphract that I can not ride because it requires 7 riding now? Not to mention cav nerfed all to shit. I think a full respec is needed for cav not a half ass one. Especially for the people above lv. 30 that no longer retire. Also think a loom reset for horses is in order since you changed the riding skill level.

Please consider this.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2014, 10:58:57 am »
Okay so now I am almost lv. 35 and my build is all messed up? I have a Champion Cataphract that I can not ride because it requires 7 riding now? Not to mention cav nerfed all to shit. I think a full respec is needed for cav not a half ass one. Especially for the people above lv. 30 that no longer retire. Also think a loom reset for horses is in order since you changed the riding skill level.
VOTE YES 2014! http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/petition/?topicseen
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2014, 11:17:31 am »
I like the new change.

Making the heavy horses 8 riding just means people will either choose, heavy horse or high HP. Great for balancing to stop 95% of the terrible cav players who play EU1 without a risk. heck, I can't even name 3 good lancers. Only Torben springs to mind when thinking of good lancer who isn't using a heavy horse.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2014, 11:21:55 am »
+1
I like the new change.

Making the heavy horses 8 riding just means people will either choose, heavy horse or high HP. Great for balancing to stop 95% of the terrible cav players who play EU1 without a risk. heck, I can't even name 3 good lancers. Only Torben springs to mind when thinking of good lancer who isn't using a heavy horse.
yes heavy cav might have to chose but most of players wont be able to use their horses without full respec. So thanks devs for fucking us in our dry assholes.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2014, 11:31:39 am »
+6
Thanks for a great patch, guys.

Now just nerf rain and lawlpike.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2014, 11:37:57 am »
yes heavy cav might have to chose but most of players wont be able to use their horses without full respec. So thanks devs for fucking us in our dry assholes.
I agree that you should get -9 str but you can be effective as cav from level 25+. I honestly doubt respeccing is going to effect anyone. You lose 3 points (if you're level 31+). Just put less in IF or WM.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #266 on: May 30, 2014, 12:01:13 pm »
+2
Still waiting for a better respec. I have "only" 110Mxp on my heavy cav and I know a lot of other people in the same situation have a lot more, but I'm not going to respec it any time soon. I don't mind the stat changes, although I don't think it was necessary and it broke the balance, but we need a respec so we can adjust our builds to use the gear we have.

And I still think cav needs a speed bonus nerf as this patch did nothing to reduce the actual problem which is the onehits 1H/2H cav are able to pull off.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 30, 2014, 01:04:28 pm »
+2
I agree that you should get -9 str but you can be effective as cav from level 25+. I honestly doubt respeccing is going to effect anyone. You lose 3 points (if you're level 31+). Just put less in IF or WM.
but thing is i want to use my horse and without respec it is impossible so i have nice useless item in my inventory that nobody will ever buy, which means i have 3 wasted LP in my inventory. Do devs actualy think befor doing such things?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #268 on: May 30, 2014, 01:12:46 pm »
You could use 3 of the 123 LPs you have harvested by now and loom another horse.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 30, 2014, 01:17:32 pm »
+1
i dont want another horse i want my plated hippozaur