Author Topic: Nerf ranged  (Read 14390 times)

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
Re: Nerf ranged
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2013, 10:01:57 pm »
I'd get a proper 1-slot melee weapon instead of extra arrows, so would probably 90% of the archers do.

More melee power, less kiting since you might be able to some damage in melee, and perhaps we will see less pure archer builds with 200 wpf. Hybrid builds would be more attractive
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2013, 10:26:50 pm »
I'll stay pure archer anyway, because i suck in melee ;(
Archer forever :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2013, 10:33:56 pm »
+5
Anyway, the problem is all the fucking turds playing as an archer with non-loomed equipment and are doing just as much damage as me. Maybe if they were to recieve an damage nerf people would get so bored playing it cause they get 0 kills and then they try something else.
Yeah so unfair that someone gets to play a class effectively without grinding for 400 hours first to loom the stuff, such poor game design.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2013, 11:08:50 pm »
Yeah so unfair that someone gets to play a class effectively without grinding for 400 hours first to loom the stuff, such poor game design.
When i were starting this game i were forced to do this.

Even non loomed long bow or rus bow is effective (i mean state from before patch). Only thing you need to do it is learn how to use it in most efficient way. Looming bows is same as looming melee weapons.

Ppl using low tier bows are compensating their lacks in skill by fire ratio, they are just spamming arrows.

For me it's normal that if you want to kill, you have to be good and have proper weapon, not whining all the time: "this is op, why he is killing so many ppl"

Even without loomed bows from times before patch killing enemies were possible, as proof look here: http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/achievements/135/ page 10.
cheers :)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2013, 11:30:08 pm »
When i were starting this game i were forced to do this.

Even non loomed long bow or rus bow is effective (i mean state from before patch). Only thing you need to do it is learn how to use it in most efficient way. Looming bows is same as looming melee weapons.

Ppl using low tier bows are compensating their lacks in skill by fire ratio, they are just spamming arrows.

For me it's normal that if you want to kill, you have to be good and have proper weapon, not whining all the time: "this is op, why he is killing so many ppl"

Even without loomed bows from times before patch killing enemies were possible, as proof look here: http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/achievements/135/ page 10.
cheers :)
All looms should be removed and your entire post is completely bullshit.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2013, 12:30:20 am »

That and let's not forget the fact that if the entry barrier for archery was as high as before, we would have less archers, a lesser ranged overpopulation problem, and less archer nerfs in the end.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2013, 01:28:37 am »
+1
<trollolololololol>
@devs
make a lottery for all ranged chars, whoever wins, his char wont be deleted  :twisted:
just keep 1/3 of all ranged chars
</trollolololololol>
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2013, 01:33:03 am »
+1
I'd get a proper 1-slot melee weapon instead of extra arrows, so would probably 90% of the archers do.

More melee power, less kiting since you might be able to some damage in melee, and perhaps we will see less pure archer builds with 200 wpf. Hybrid builds would be more attractive

Fuck that, I can't block.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2013, 06:17:30 am »
+1
Fuck that, I can't block.

Give handicapped players/ranged players auto block, without banning them  :?:lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2013, 07:54:11 am »
All looms should be removed and your entire post is completely bullshit.

Tell me exactly why it's bullshit, prove it.

Low tier bows have higher missile speed than rus bow and lond bow, that's a bullshit.

Pauls argumentation telling that weaker bows were shooting with lighter arrows have no sense here, because all arrows have same weight and dmg.

To give it more sense let's say that to use barbed arrows you need at least 5 PD and for tatars and bodkins 6 PD, problem solved. That going to be less whining that low tier bows are delivering hi dmg , because most of it comes from  arrows dmg.

Also to nerf ranged just nerf dmg on all kinds of arrows.  8-)

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2013, 09:18:13 am »
Lets not kid ourselves here, adding good 0 slot weapons did not really change kiting ranged. The only thing it did was make them much more deadly when cornered. There are a few ways to nerf xbows that would work nicely:

Nerfs that must happen: Reduce missile speed. I have been shield pierced through a heavy round shield way too many times. It is laughable actually.

Other nerfs:

-Raise arbalest strength requirement to 18. It would not break the class, but it would be a pretty strong nerf.
-Add some form of PD for xbow only.
-Ranged limit per map.
-Raise to 3 slots, effectively limiting xbows to ONLY 0 slot weapons.
-Modify the effective WPF equation for ranged only. This, if possible, could be in effect when a character possess over X wpf in a ranged category. This would force all ranged into lighter armor to be effective at their class, making them easier to kill.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2013, 09:26:56 am »

-Modify the effective WPF equation for ranged only. This, if possible, could be in effect when a character possess over X wpf in a ranged category. This would force all ranged into lighter armor to be effective at their class, making them easier to kill.

WPF problem is mostly for x-bow, archers and throwers have penalty due to PD and PT.

Lowering missile speed for x-bows won't change anything because they will still hit like a truck...

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2013, 09:48:29 am »
+1
Lowering missile speed for x-bows won't change anything because they will still hit like a truck...
Of course it will, missile speed is one of the most important attributes of ranged weapons. It influences how much you have to lead your target instead of just lazering them to death. I am in favour of lower missile speeds because it makes playing crossbow more skillful. The lower the missile speed, the more you have to read the movement of your target, anticipate it and then adjust your aim accordingly. It will seperate the experienced crossbowmen from the nubs. It also creates the opportunity to dodge, instead of just having no chance against most arbalesters.

Nerfs that must happen: Reduce missile speed. I have been shield pierced through a heavy round shield way too many times. It is laughable actually.
Now if this is what Steevee meant exactly he is right. Lowering missile speed will have no effect on shield piercing. Shield piercing depends on damage and the armour of your shield as far as I know, and I think it is a fairly shitty and unneeded mechanic.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2013, 12:41:50 pm »
idk about missile speed. It's a very lame nerf that effectively makes shooting more random. In theory it sounds okay, but since very few players run in straight lines anyway it rather gives shooting a sense of luck than skill. I know from my long range throwing how hopeless it is to predict where players go.

I'd rather just see a damage nerf. Either in nerfing unloomed gear, but since that smells more of postponing a problem rather than dealing with it, an overall ranged damage nerf would be more sensible.

We have to protect the core of the game that is melee mechanics. Fight ranged and other lameness, and try to fix the abused and glitchy gameplay..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2013, 12:42:47 pm »
Why this tread still in Suggestion corner? It's wet and salty like an ocean.