Author Topic: Nerf ranged  (Read 14418 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Nerf ranged
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2013, 06:25:07 pm »
A shadownerf of sorts to crossbows :

Make crossbow Steelbolts 2slot.
While regular bolts stay 1slot.

Same amount of bolts in each pack.
Steelbolts should weigh 2x as much as regular bolts.

When was the last time you saw anyone using regular bolts?

A dedicated crossbowman would then not be like regular infantry when "caught", due to 0slot weapon and shield.

wrong thread? ... :D

Oh boy.. Top ideas here. Make xbows 3 slots and steel bolts 2 slots. And double the weight? Again?
Now dont get me wrong I dont like the amount of ranged just like you but wtf are you suggesting...

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2013, 07:32:20 pm »
+5
Stream of people leaving cRPG atm.. I think it has to do with the current metagame.

Wake up Shik & Paul.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2013, 07:41:27 pm »
Stream of people leaving cRPG atm.. I think it has to do with the current metagame.

Wake up Shik & Paul.

Go back to the old system where only longbows had pierce, that wasn't actually bad.

double post because it is a good idea. oh and tweak the arrow damage back to what it use to be as well.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:45:42 pm by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2013, 11:00:08 pm »
Oh boy.. Top ideas here. Make xbows 3 slots and steel bolts 2 slots. And double the weight? Again?
Now dont get me wrong I dont like the amount of ranged just like you but wtf are you suggesting...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2013, 11:44:53 pm »
+1
There is nothing wrong with ranged in itself, purely in the number of ranged.

Reducing the ammo available reduces the number of arrows in flight due to archers having to be more careful with their shots which in itself reduces ranged projectiles.

This is also significant because with the lower player counts the usually acceptable levels of arrows per player has increased because there are less targets to shoot at.

Running out of ammo may even reduce kiting because the arrows that will be scavenged will be around the melee combat area meaning while archers can refill their quivers they will be closer to the enemy infantry and cavalry to manage this.

I can't see a problem with this.

It'll even nerf the lower tier bows a touch because they just machine gun people. Less ammo less machine gunning.

Currently 2 stacks of +3 bodkins give me 40 arrows. 40 arrows on a server with 50 people in is far too high. Especially with bodkins being the more damaging arrow. If you're having problems hitting your targets use tatars or something...

If this was to be changed I would like to see a system used to change arrow type rather than just guessing. This would promote people using arrows or tatars vs general targets or enemy ranged while keeping the less available bodkins for heavier targets which would also make sense.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2013, 11:03:07 pm »
Here's what I think should be done:

-current steel bolts should double (or maybe triple) in price + give them +3 more damage
-all crossbows should be reduced by -3 damage
-current bolts should become 0 damage and change damage type to cut

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2013, 02:14:22 pm »
+2
There are too many ranged on eu servers, atm i mostly play with hi agi 1h no shield alt.

If you want to nerf amount of ranged you can do:

1. Reduce amount of arrows per quiver. 40 bodkins on +3 is too many, Bring it back to 34 as it was long time ago, do the same to other kinds of arrows.
2. Revert archery buff for non loomed equipment. After Wpf buff it's no needed.
3. Add skill for using x-bows
4. If not 3 increase str requirements for using xbows. To use most powerfull x-bow in game you 15 str only, for bows: 18 str AND 6 PD wich decreases your WPF
5. Make bolts and steel bolts weight higher.
6. For horse archers, make them shoot slower with bows while sitting on herseback compared to foot archers.

You can whine that for foot archer like me only nerf will be reducing ammo, but belive me, IMO it will be enought, no missiles, no shooting.
Archer forever :D

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2013, 03:08:41 pm »
There are too many ranged on eu servers, atm i mostly play with hi agi 1h no shield alt.

1. Reduce amount of arrows per quiver. 40 bodkins on +3 is too many, Bring it back to 34 as it was long time ago, do the same to other kinds of arrows.
4. If not 3 increase str requirements for using xbows. To use most powerfull x-bow in game you 15 str only, for bows: 18 str AND 6 PD wich decreases your WPF
6. For horse archers, make them shoot slower with bows while sitting on herseback compared to foot archers.

You can whine that for foot archer like me only nerf will be reducing ammo, but belive me, IMO it will be enought, no missiles, no shooting.

Hopefully devs can at least listen to actual ranged players like Steevee.

Another thing they could do about HA's/HX's is to nerf their horse somewhat. Like each point of horse archery reduces your riding by 1 point. Then they actually have a half decent counter since ranged can shoot their horse in a more reasonable amount of shots and slow them down a bit so they are in a bit more danger. Ranged is like the only counter to HA/HX so at least make it a real counter

I would go for even less ammo for archers, but if they added half of what was on what I quoted it would be a start.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2013, 03:23:22 pm »
I thought around 28 for bodkins would be fine.

Would still love the ability to switch ammo types though. Would allow a bit of variety at least.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2013, 03:34:00 pm »
+1
Facehug shooting is by far the biggest issue with ranged though.

this.  introducing sth that would have ranged need to pick up a weapon at some point would be nice.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2013, 03:45:42 pm »
+1
Each time you move the crosshair should get much wider then take time to settle and get tighter when you stop. Running and gunning with xbows and running up to guys and shooting in the face makes it look like an oldschool FPS game

Archer has that a bit anyway because of draw time, so this would be mostly for xbows
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2013, 06:41:41 pm »

I respect Stevee's opinion here and think he's ideas are enough. They are all achievable with some creativity.

* Make the bows equip-able on horseback worse.
* Skill required for xbows might be hard to code, so nerf has to come another way. Strength is a good measure, there is absolutely no need to have as low STR requirements as we have for them. To use the heaviest xbow you should be super-strong. (at least 21STR, preferably more.)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2013, 06:57:15 pm »
+5
Katana 21 strength requirement, at least
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2013, 07:03:46 pm »
Right now there are 3 archers and 2 crossbowmans / 62 players on EU_1. How is that too many ranged?
Can we see server stats: amount of ranged, their damage and kill count compared to other classes? I'm pretty sure most people here are overacting.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2013, 07:07:34 pm »
I thought around 28 for bodkins would be fine.

Would still love the ability to switch ammo types though. Would allow a bit of variety at least.

I'm talking about bodkins on +3, switching ammo types would be good also :)

Right now there are 3 archers and 2 crossbowmans / 62 players on EU_1. How is that too many ranged?
Can we see server stats: amount of ranged, their damage and kill count compared to other classes? I'm pretty sure most people here are overacting.

I could join, but after last night strat battle I'm enought of pew-pew for a while  :mrgreen:
Archer forever :D