Poll

I prefer

Battle
113 (48.9%)
Siege
118 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Author Topic: Battle vs Siege  (Read 5494 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Battle vs Siege
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 07:03:51 pm »
The goal of battle is not your own survival, it is to kill the last survivor of the enemy team before your team loses its own last survivor.

And if you don't care about your own survival how do you expect to be the last survivor to kill off their last survivor and bring victory and multi to your team, so yes it is both about your own survival and killing too.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 07:35:55 pm »
+2
I prefer battle but due to constant increase of ranged, not playing it regularly for nearly 2 years now. If at any time the count of ranged players would feelable drop on eu 1 again, then i would be there also a constant player. As from what i saw in the past years concerning that topic, nothing was happening or the positiv feedback loop of ranged palyers was even increased, i see there no big chances taht every happening ... which makes me a sad panda  :cry:
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 07:39:27 pm »
+2
Battle can be fun late at night when you dont get banks of ranged or squadrons of cavalry.

However you can get 1 or 2 HA on low pop servers who while justified in playing that way means over half the time its watching an HA randomly galloping around occasionally firing which is seriously boring.

Basically siege has more melee, more fun, less down time.

Offline Sir_Senior_the_Eldest

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Sir_Senior_the_Eldest, Son_Sonsonsonson
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 07:52:22 pm »
+1
Siege of course (with more than 40 players). Battle is fine (with less than 40 players) but I like to have some story and tactics behind it.

No matter which terrain, the tactics on eu_1 is in general: Kill the enemy on the most effective way. There's no place to defend some special tower or a bridge or attack that beach. If you stay somewhere, you are often considered as ineffective or even a leecher only because you want to have some epicness.

In siege you can declare to defend this gate with your life(s) or take that tower on every price for the whole round.

And finally I love the HRE squatting when the yellow fellows special unit clashes into flag area and clears it like a pro or goes down in a flood of randomers or looks for an even enemy in a side skirmish vs greys.

I have a dream that one day this mod will rise up, and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all classes are created equal.’

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2013, 07:58:53 pm »
+2
Battle is filled with lamers who only attack in groups and from afar or horseback.
If you want to actually fight people siege is the only gamemode that works atm.

I dont really like siege, i would like CTF or TDM instead.

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 08:02:30 pm »
I prefer battle but due to constant increase of ranged, not playing it regularly for nearly 2 years now. If at any time the count of ranged players would feelable drop on eu 1 again, then i would be there also a constant player. As from what i saw in the past years concerning that topic, nothing was happening or the positiv feedback loop of ranged palyers was even increased, i see there no big chances taht every happening ... which makes me a sad panda  :cry:
If I'm not mistaken you always play as a shielder with huscarl shield and high shield skill? How then shooters are a problem for you? Recently I started playing with shield(a small one) and the comfort of being covered from misiles is so huge... I just can't get your opinion, kinngrimm, would you like only pure melee fights?
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2013, 08:06:50 pm »
+1

Relying on range to counter range is the biggest problem of the game, and what I believe is the biggest contributer to the mod not flourishing like it could have. They even make it worse by making ranged effective melee hybrids, so they can get the best of both worlds as long as they can manual block
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2013, 08:11:01 pm »
+1
Siege = Goal to have fun

Battle = Goal to stay hidden from range, an hope your team survive the range fest.

I dont mind range, but when they start to take over 60% of each team, that just sucks out the fun in battle  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2013, 08:32:12 pm »
Never happened. Ladders coincided with the largest amount of ranged ever present in the game. No melee wasted time carrying ladders in case some xbow or archer happened to be camping 3 mins into the round. The only people that got a use out of them were ranged, camping otherwise unreachable spots. Suggesting that they were some kind of tactical buff for melee vs ranged is nonsensical.

That depended on the map. The maps where buildings were close enough to each others, one could make a roof-to-roof ladder path and cause some serious headache to archers. I do remember rounds when half the team actually went behind enemy lines over the roofs. However the maps where there were lone buildings, it ended up with ranged standing up there, unreachable (which was one reason why the ladders were removed as far as I know).

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2013, 08:32:43 pm »
Siege = Goal to have fun

Battle = Goal to stay hidden from range, an hope your team survive the range fest.

I dont mind range, but when they start to take over 60% of each team, that just sucks out the fun in battle  :lol:

What if you are the ranged?  :lol:

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2013, 08:37:09 pm »
I think im in the minority because rather than hammer one class for ages I have lots of alts that I like to play in different modes. It depends what I want to play:

Wanna play cav - battle
Wanna play ranged - no preference
Wanna play 2h/pole - siege

Never want to play shielder... It just feels like im on my 1h cav but someone has killed my horse.
(click to show/hide)
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2013, 08:50:07 pm »
Before I GTX cavalry I used to be a 100% battle player... duh

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2013, 09:55:29 pm »
+3
Battle. You barely have to use your brain in siege.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2013, 09:56:48 pm »
+1
With friends : battle
Without friends : battle again.

siege is for people who dies too much.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2013, 10:07:42 pm »
+1
eu1
eu6
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags