Poll

I prefer

Battle
113 (48.9%)
Siege
118 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Author Topic: Battle vs Siege  (Read 5921 times)

Offline _schizo321437

• Yes Man
  • Duke
  • Renown: 549
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ ... lazy
  • Game nicks: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ .. lazy
  • IRC nick: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ . lazy
Re: Battle vs Siege
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2013, 12:32:46 am »
+1
銃を積んだすがだ
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bugün foto

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2013, 01:52:34 am »
Lancer is stronger than 1h cavalry. :?
even than Royanss?
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2013, 02:36:15 am »
+1
even than Royanss?
Player skill is not very relevant to class balance
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2013, 03:09:24 am »
I disagree i fear 1h cavs far more than lancer cavs. Lancer cavs do far less damage and poss far less of a threat imo. often a bump slash is enough to 1 shot me while lancing does maybe 50% if that. not to mention bump lancing is near non existant so i can downblock. i can hold a shield against a 1h cav and he will jump bumb slash
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2013, 05:43:06 am »
+3
Make weapon and armor weight affect horse speed and maneuver, the same way it affects speed on foot. Afaik horse stats aren't any different whether the person riding them is a tincan using a heavy lance, shield and 1H or naked with no weapons.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2013, 06:06:51 am »
As for elitism of battle > siege...

I play a lot of both and generally do well enough in both - a little better in siege cause im used to it and because as infantry, sometimes battle can create scenarios that are difficult to deal with.

There are some SUPER good players in battle like San, Riran, Rohy, Cyranule, etc (NA people) and they come to siege and rape - but THEY RAPE in battle too just the same way, so that doesn't prove anything about the skill levels of the general population.  Players from battle that are not as good as those types of players come to siege and from my observation do not do any better than they do in battle.

Honestly?  General population - I find siege's population on NA to be just as good as battle's overall.  Siege on NA has become a small and vet filled conflict and so sometimes there's more "easy kills" in battle than in siege on NA.

Plus, many of you may find this counter to your thoughts - but having played a lot of both I generally find my performance in battle to be MORE situational (a result of teams or team makeups) than in siege.  You will lose a siege round if the other team is stacked, but your personal performance may not be as effected by it....whereas in battle, you will lose AND you have no hop of doing anything when your team gets steamrolled (unless you are one of those really good players I listed above or similar).

So again, the best players are good in both, and under  that (at least in NA) I find siege to actually have an equal to or slightly higher general skill level.

Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2013, 06:15:26 am »
+1
The divide in skill between siege and battle was true in the past, but hasn't been for quite a while. A lot of the people on siege now used to play battle a lot, or still do, and a lot of the people on battle also play siege. It's more or less the same player base anyways.