Poll

I prefer

Battle
113 (48.9%)
Siege
118 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Author Topic: Battle vs Siege  (Read 5596 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Battle vs Siege
« on: November 27, 2013, 02:27:36 pm »
+5
Simple question, which do you prefer and why, would you miss any mode, what would you vote removed if the time came.

I'm a Battle nerd, almost never play Siege, the mod simply doesn't appel to me, always liked non respawn type mode is any game so it continued here too, makes me bit less wreckless and despite Siege having an objective respwaning makes forna difficult pub organisation, not so bad if you have HRE or Greys rolling in one team tho.

You opinion?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Re: Battle vs Siege
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:31:28 pm »
+3
No fun in owning evrything at siege since they will respawn and aren´t forced to watch you teabagg em.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 02:31:48 pm »
+3
I prefer Siege and Strategus battle/siege since its basically teamdeath match, I dont know why i always liked siege , maybe cuse of high number of ppl playing there and cuse of respawn time, i personally dont like when i die and have to wait whole round to end to spawn again i find that as time wasting.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 02:31:54 pm »
I'm with battle, I don't play anything else actually and spent about 90% of my time on battle servers in both native and crpg (same for other mods though most other mods are usually having battle servers only).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:41:42 pm »
Siege, because there is no cav in it, get to play more, there is an objective (even if the teams are almost always full of people who ignore it), and a few more reasons.
Yet again, I like to sometimes hop on a battle server and play a few rounds, having to wait is alright a few times, but after a while it gets annoying.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:48:46 pm »
+8
Well, I am fairly sure that if the game could only support one server, the devs would go for battle. Simply because battle actually allows some degree of effectivity for any class whereas siege would shit in the face of a huge part of the playerbase.

I prefer battle because it is much more intense. No respawns makes that any action you do matters for your team's chances at victory. I like that you can completely turn the tide of your team by kicking ass for a short while. In siege I feel like I have much less of an influence on my teams winning chances, also valour system is really crappy for siege, because laddercamping defenders usually prevent attackers from getting it.

I for one think I have to wait less in battle than in Siege, if you consider the running time to the fight as attacker waiting. Battle rounds usually only take 3-4 minutes and I rarely die within the first two. As defender on siege 30 seconds for each death usually amounts to like 1.5-2 minutes of waiting in a 6 minute round. As an attacker it is much worse, with running into certain death scenarios all the time and having to run again. I can stand siege only for short periods, if I could only be a defender it would be much more fun, I fucking hate attacking.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 02:53:46 pm »
Meh, its more about builds for me. Battle if im using serius balanced builds. And siege if im using trollbuilds or fullagi/fullstr builds. Generally whenever I use nonbalanced builds I seem to die a lot more and staying in spectate for a long time is just not enjoyable.

However, I consider battle to be the real only test of skills in this whole game. Cause you acctually want to stay alive and kill someone too, cause 1 death means getting kicked into spectate. Plus all classes can generally pitch into the fight and counter eachother. In siege some classes turn ineffective and there is a lot less tactics involved. I once briefly played Crpg while my friend was looking at the monitor. I started with Siege and later played Battle. And he was like: "wow, whats this now?" I said its a different gamemode, from what I gathered he seemed lot more fond of that. Cause people acctually gave 2 shits about dying and werent storming random.

Despite my love for battle, I dont think I could live without siege either.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 02:54:45 pm »
i personally dont like when i die and have to wait whole round to end to spawn again i find that as time wasting.

having to wait is alright a few times, but after a while it gets annoying.

Then don't die early, useless swabs. Be aware, don't play the game if you don't feel like it, be useful for your team, don't just spawn-run straightforward & die. Siege (in its currents state) is for useless brainfarts who like it easy mode: pop in, spam your mouse and if you die you can just go on within a few seconds. How great & awesome.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 02:58:11 pm »
+2
1. battle
2. duel
3. dtv
4. siege

Offline musketer

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 02:59:58 pm »
+3
It's not like just that...

I prefer siege if there are more than 20 players
I prefer battle if there are less than 20 players

The problem of battle is that there isn't any type of tactical implementation in it, everyone runs around like lost cows, and that isn't funny nor even realistic, what would be great is a more tactical battles, with formations and strategic maps, that would be really great.

Siege is good and funny but with less than 20 players it becomes boring.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 03:01:09 pm »
+1
Siege for me.

Getting shot to pieces or bumped endlessly or getting ganked is not really my kind of fun. People are scared, if they dont have their whole team with them, always run.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 03:01:55 pm »
+1
I play battle most of the time but i find myself playing siege more often the last week just because the sheer amount of ranged and cav on eu1 sometimes just makes it too frustrating to play (getting to the point where i dont even bother to log into eu1 to check how much ranged and cav there is :/ )where as on siege i can chill out a bit more. I don't get rage when i get shot to death and i find quite often i get more melee action in siege :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 03:06:30 pm »

Then don't die early, useless swabs. Be aware, don't play the game if you don't feel like it, be useful for your team, don't just spawn-run straightforward & die. Siege (in its currents state) is for useless brainfarts who like it easy mode: pop in, spam your mouse and if you die you can just go on within a few seconds. How great & awesome.

Im not saying im dieing early, i dont like to wait till round ends.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »
And you can just stand on the wall and bash down on people that comes up the ladder with your str build and great maul  :P

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 03:13:00 pm »
+2
Siege because I like the fact that not a single map is different and every map has a lot of different tactics that can be followed. There are also multiple different things you can decide to do to help your team.
Also, the siege tactics are much more fun than battle tactics for me personally.