Poll

I prefer

Battle
113 (48.9%)
Siege
118 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Author Topic: Battle vs Siege  (Read 5917 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Battle vs Siege
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2013, 10:21:06 pm »
+4
I prefer objective based gamemodes so obviously I chose:
(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:33 pm »
+3
Bring back commander mode! and rageball! and eu4! and defend the village! and conquest!
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2013, 11:52:45 pm »
+2
If I'm not mistaken you always play as a shielder with huscarl shield and high shield skill?
you are mistaken,
4th gen(nearly 5th) thrower, but i play him only very rarely.
High Shield skill yes, but that doesnt help with ranged. It increases HP and slightly the block speed. The effect on the so called 'forcefield' is gone for quite a while now.
Huscarl i use less and less as with the 2h/pole high agi/ath and high levels i needed to keep up and Huscarl is too slow for blocks and too heavy so that 2h(pole get too easy in my back. 9 months back i used huscarl only for eu2 and elite cav only for eu 1, now i prefer elit cav at all times. On eu 2 as cosntant and often death is near gurantee, the shield doesnt coem close to breaking anyhow most of the time, more important for eu1 the shieldskill. And well 1 out of 30 days i may show up for one hour or two on eu 1 ...

How then shooters are a problem for you? Recently I started playing with shield(a small one) and the comfort of being covered from misiles is so huge
If you can't see it, perhaps you need 5k+ hours as shielder, to see the averrage and deduct the trends.

... I just can't get your opinion, kinngrimm, would you like only pure melee fights?
No i don't want pure melee fights, what i stated in another thread also, i imagine a maximum quota/% for weapons per team. like
on a 60 men team not more then say f.e.
15 shields
20 pole
20 2h
10 throwing
5 horses

the numbers cant be adjusted, but you get the idear ...

You could have changes from week to week, like a flavour of the week/month team composition, depending on that then the tactics should change drasticly on the server and the need to paly more with your alts may increase, because when you cant play your main char then you need to choose an alt.

Again i dont want pure Melee fights, but i want to be able again to go onto the flancs and not get shot to pieces all the time. *sigh*

I am realist enough to know that i still will be interrupted regularly from shots or th in the same way, well this game is rage inflicting after all that makes part of the apeal. Then again their are limits to my patience and to what i see still as fun. If i get constantly into situations which are not solvable by thinking it through and avoiding them, effort and improvment of my own skills, then a stage is reached where i have to decide if the fun factor is still there and if not, think about consequences. The consequence atm i have to live with for quite a long time is eu 2. You may or may not see the trends, i told admins and devs and the community about them a long time ago and i reminded them from time to time and i haven't seen anything yet which would have proofen me wrong.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2013, 01:53:19 am »
@ kinngrimm
well, most time I saw you with your infamous steelpick and some shield :P
Anyway as a long time no-shielder I know the irritation and stress caused by shooters and shield really makes playing easier when you don't need to hide, 'dance' and dodge missiles like crazy all the time. So I'm still a bit surprised that it's you and not some no-shielder that points so hard at the trend. I'm not so sure was there really pro-shooter trend lately, but after recent patch it might be true(theoretically for sure, wpf boost says that).
However I'm against class limits in this mod, it just doesn't fit the idea of "play what you want, because in this mod you can".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2013, 03:11:11 am »
+1
@ kinngrimm
well, most time I saw you with your infamous steelpick and some shield :P
Anyway as a long time no-shielder I know the irritation and stress caused by shooters and shield really makes playing easier when you don't need to hide, 'dance' and dodge missiles like crazy all the time. So I'm still a bit surprised that it's you and not some no-shielder that points so hard at the trend. I'm not so sure was there really pro-shooter trend lately, but after recent patch it might be true(theoretically for sure, wpf boost says that).
However I'm against class limits in this mod, it just doesn't fit the idea of "play what you want, because in this mod you can".
the trend exists since about 2 1/2 years, at least thats when i got aware of and i never saw it stop. There was not a particular event or patch or anything wich pointed toward it, just more and more ranged players i counted. Not only archers , but also xbow and throwers i include. Kafein and others called it a positiv feedback loop, where the more ranged there is , do create even more of the same kind, as it is the only real counter.
Surely there had been ups and downs, but in comparison to 2 1/2 years back with perhaps 20-30% in average of the server populations being ranged players we are now at 30 to 50% in average or more at times.
Also who else then a nolifer, often playing 24/7, would notice?^^

The irritation and stress with ranged as shielder has many sources.
- Xbow being able to shoot through
- kiting with high ath
- shooting into melee, the enemy aswell the friendly ^^ ranged, interrupting strikes and blocks
- if you meet more then 1, wich is the default, they spread into different directions, whoever you cant follow will shoot you anyhow in the back or in the side, shield = not worth jack shit
- eu 2 specific, we are now loosing rounds, because ranged is forgetting to cap. While we dont have enough melee for that, they play counterstrike ... that guys is fucked up!
... i guess i could think of more ...
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2013, 03:58:26 am »
+1
Playing the siege as an attacker you can use lots of different tactics. You can even capture the flag alone, without a single fight with the enemy. Or you can hunt for the best player of the opposing team to kill (or at least distract) him and help your team in this way. Or you can form multiple groups and take the flag from different sides. Or you can hunt ranged who shoots at your teammates. Or you can try to keep the gates opened. And in the end it is the best place where you can just fooling around not caring about how often you die :)

But I don't really like to play as a defender cuz sometimes teammates do not pay any attention to a team-chat. And if once I'm see a tons of enemies coming and then I write "FLAG" and nobody gives a shit... So then I basically raging a bit  :(
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:21:46 am by Portos »
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2013, 07:06:28 am »
+1
Funny thing about this poll is that, if you just came in these forums and read some posts, you'd basically come to this conclusion : "well, only a handful of people like siege, most people here like battle"...and you'd expect battle to win this poll with like 70% of the votes or more.

Interesting....
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2013, 09:24:24 am »
Battle4lyfe. I maximum manage to play 2 rounds of siege before I leave because of boredom. Also in battle you can have / spectate end round duels which are always fun to watch.

Offline Jeraz

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Woodland
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2013, 11:22:02 am »
As ranged i like battle the most, i like the fact that you make a difference by killing a good player so that he won't be here to win the round for the enemy team.

I have tryed siege a lot and i enjoy it but i noticed that the thing i hate the most is that if i'm attacking and i'm in the castle, shooting people, i suddenly get backstabbed,because an enemy respawnd right behind me. Really enoys me cause there is nothing i can do about it.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2013, 11:23:38 am »
+4
Battle is now infested by endless bundle of sticksry, though it's what I play 90% of the time. (Because I'm masochistic??) I guess I get more pleasure from killing min-maxers, cav my old friends, all kinds of ranged.. ! Killing scrubs on siege doesn't give me a lot.  Battle has 1 thing and that is challenge! :D

Only reason I manage to survive is throwing, going medium armor/no shield is just murder. At least I can keep cav at bay, and throw shit to xbows and archers..

Why has Battle degenerated into a hardcore metagaming trollish nightmare?  (for infantry)

-- Skill levels in melee are much much higher.
-- This is pushing lots of players to go ranged or heavy cav. Or simply pushing melee to siege, so what we have left on battle is ranged and cav.
-- Ranged classes are still too easy. Especially xbow. (My lvl15 alt with no looms does fine with a heavy xbow)
-- Cav is too powerful, especially the bump mechanic, long 1handers with speedbonus etc..

What's the medicine? (just my opinion..)
-- Make ranged harder, aka nerf them somehow. Especially xbows who have a way too easy time. Hide'n reload, point and click.
-- Cav is by nature OP compared to Inf, and is only fully utilized by a very minority of players. They could be safely nerfed, leaving only people with brains to do well with them. 1 grain of teamwork makes them vastly more powerful i.ex. (Like, I saw Tommy and 1 more do a nice sandwich against 5 enemies yesterday.. Bumped half of them, killed 2 outright and survived.)

About a specific cav nerf, I think adjusting the maneuverability of horses would do a lot. This would make sure they travel in more predictable paths, can't turn on a dime, and will generally force them to teamwork more, aka bump trains, sandwiching, timing their charge etc.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2013, 11:33:35 am »
+1
Why has Battle degenerated into a hardcore metagaming trollish nightmare?  (for infantry)
bla, bla, blabity bla

And/Or maybe because of useless unaware soloing-hero scrubs & swabs like you, who refuse to do anything useful for their team in the battlefield and care only about their own "fun", no matter how twisted, selfish & (possibly) against the common sense rule it might be.  You know - those guys who spend time hugging each other instead of killing themselves, solo "flankers" who rarely or never actually flank someone, etc. :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2013, 11:38:36 am »
+2
idk but I think I do better than you.. :D

I do fine on the flanks btw.. At least I have the decency not to degenerate into a filthy, nasty xbower like you. Using dirty throwing against ranged and cav is just fine. They deserve it.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2013, 11:39:41 am »
With friends/TS : siege
Without friends/ music + muted : battle

BTW - Gnjus u r useless for team - just egoistic K/D ratio whore (I saw this many times on EU1) so stfu  :wink:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2013, 11:45:32 am »

And/Or maybe because of useless unaware soloing-hero scrubs & swabs like you, who refuse to do anything useful for their team in the battlefield and care only about their own "fun", no matter how twisted, selfish & (possibly) against the common sense rule it might be.  You know - those guys who spend time hugging each other instead of killing themselves, solo "flankers" who rarely or never actually flank someone, etc. :twisted:

idk but I think I do better than you.. :D

I do fine on the flanks btw.. At least I have the decency not to degenerate into a filthy, nasty xbower like you. Using dirty throwing against ranged and cav is just fine. They deserve it.

When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2013, 11:46:04 am »
No excitement in Siege, I don´t get punished for dying so why care.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:53:50 am by george »