Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 4  (Read 8857 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Assassin's Creed 4
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2013, 09:22:36 pm »
haha not sure that's a good thing
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2013, 01:08:04 am »
I really don't see the problem.

AC has never been hard, it's always been a doddle since the first one because they have always had insta-kill counter attacks. But it's a game that's never been about difficulty. For me it's always been about presenting me with cities, terrain and places that I'd have loved to have seen in those time periods and doing a good job of bringing them alive. And so far (except maybe for AC3) they have fulfilled that for me. To expect any different isn't really realistic, and it also doesn't particularly seem to be what people want considering how well these games sell.

The future side of AC has always been a sideline for me as well and I've never been all that interested in it so I'm not fussed about the plot holes ect.

everytime I am just hoping in vain they drop the future bullshit and just concetrate on the real appeal of the game; time tourism. the just don't have the balls to drop the assassin's creed name tho

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2013, 06:14:26 am »
isn't watch dogs just gunna be ac in modern times?

might as well enjoy the sea shanties while you can?
Turtles

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2013, 09:10:59 am »
+1
There never was any point of doing assassination homework in any of the ACs. You can pretty much just run into any fight and come out of it with ease. Cause the enemies mainly attack in turns, so theres no danger into charging to an entire pile of them. AC would be a superb game if they acctually forced you into stealth, forced you into doing the homework, by making straightforward combat extremely hard. Atm this all scouting and stealth thing feels like pointless cocking around, when almost in all these situations you can just charge in and win with less amount of time. But they probably wont do that. Cause they probably think this easypeasy counter combat makes the protagonist look cool and helps with sales.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:14:28 am by TiberiusX »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2013, 09:32:26 am »
+1
Well, the stealth is AC is fucked anyways. Which is retarded. You can't even crouch. So you have to abuse crappy game mechanisms if you want to stealth; such as running around like a retard right in front of guards and into a stack of hay. But hey, that's okay, because the guards apparently have worse memories than goldfish. Rinse and repeat.

That's perhaps my biggest complaint. An assassin game with the crappiest stealth mechanisms ever.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2013, 12:15:12 pm »
True stealth could be better that's for sure.

Anyway, this arrived yesterday so I installed it. Psyched about getting home from work and playing it tonight.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2013, 01:09:32 pm »
+3
True stealth could be better that's for sure.

Anyway, this arrived yesterday so I installed it. Psyched about getting home from work and playing it tonight.
Have a little teaser :)

(click to show/hide)

I still like it. Compared to boring Italy and lame USoA... the Caribbean is very nice.

And they worked on the stealth which is rather obvious. It is way better than before. Sure, mechanics abuse that Xant mentioned is lame and yes, the combat is piss easy. I still demand of myself to kill as stealthy as possible cuz that's how I wanna play it. If you wanna charge in and kill everyone off... well, if you like to play that way then do it. I think it's weird to complain about it when the game offers both ways you can choose from.
If you barge in... you chose to play that way. The game offers always a way through the trees or jumping bushes - I choose to play that way.

Why would you complain about choice?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:15:59 pm by benkei »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2013, 04:47:10 pm »

I still like it. Compared to boring Italy and lame USoA... the Caribbean is very nice.

+1 for acknowledging boring Berlusconi Italy land AC2. All you need is shanties, sun, tropical islands, palm trees, black slaves fighting white devils and you got GOTY 2013.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »
If you barge in... you chose to play that way. The game offers always a way through the trees or jumping bushes - I choose to play that way.

Why would you complain about choice?
You can also play with your eyes closed to add challenge. If you have to do that to get challenge, that means the game is flawed. Sure, you can choose to play stealthily, but there's still absolutely zero incentive to do so, and if you get discovered it doesn't matter in the slightest, you just kill everybody. If you get discovered: because of the crappy stealth mechanisms, they had to make the guards total retards, which means getting discovered is very hard.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2013, 06:48:54 am »
So started playing anyone else got shit fps? seems horribly optimised for amd, getting beta driver incase it helps.

I played AC1,2,3 and I like them all in many ways, but the controls are still complete ASS. they use 1 or 2 buttons for every major action, so your trying to sprint then your guy is climbing the wrong direction or you tell your guy to jump up and instead he jumps the opposite way and falls all the way down. I get used to it each time but when I start one of these games I really want to beat a puppy to death.

also from what I gather (barely pay attention) the craptastic future justification this time is; your playing genetic memories to make a feature film for absturgo entertainment. that justification could have been explained entirely through the animus, or even just hinted at/implied. instead of us having to to briefly play as a person in the present tense, which is really jarring to the overall imersion of the experience (since that too obviously feels like playing a game, because it IS a game)- especially since this time around its completely non essential to the overall story of the game. not sure I explained myself properly, maybe you understand what I mean.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2013, 09:34:41 am »
+2
I just wish there was a separate key for running and freerunning. So annoying to start running up a wall when all you wanted was to run through a gateway or something.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2013, 10:19:19 am »
You can also play with your eyes closed to add challenge. If you have to do that to get challenge, that means the game is flawed. Sure, you can choose to play stealthily, but there's still absolutely zero incentive to do so, and if you get discovered it doesn't matter in the slightest, you just kill everybody. If you get discovered: because of the crappy stealth mechanisms, they had to make the guards total retards, which means getting discovered is very hard.
Most of the time you get more money if you do the kill stealthy. Otherwise, I don't disagree with you that the mechanics are flawed but they've put some work in them. It ain't as bad as it used to be.

So started playing anyone else got shit fps? seems horribly optimised for amd, getting beta driver incase it helps.

I played AC1,2,3 and I like them all in many ways, but the controls are still complete ASS. they use 1 or 2 buttons for every major action, so your trying to sprint then your guy is climbing the wrong direction or you tell your guy to jump up and instead he jumps the opposite way and falls all the way down. I get used to it each time but when I start one of these games I really want to beat a puppy to death.

also from what I gather (barely pay attention) the craptastic future justification this time is; your playing genetic memories to make a feature film for absturgo entertainment. that justification could have been explained entirely through the animus, or even just hinted at/implied. instead of us having to to briefly play as a person in the present tense, which is really jarring to the overall imersion of the experience (since that too obviously feels like playing a game, because it IS a game)- especially since this time around its completely non essential to the overall story of the game. not sure I explained myself properly, maybe you understand what I mean.
Intel [email protected], 8GB RAM, HD6870... running like a charm with nearly everything maxed out. As I said before, runs way better on my rig then AC3 did. I am using the Ati Beta 13.8 drivers atm.
And yes, the "future" part is total garbage. Every single time I get ripped out of the "real game" I feel annoyed :(

I just wish there was a separate key for running and freerunning. So annoying to start running up a wall when all you wanted was to run through a gateway or something.
That happens to me quite often too. And having two separate keys would be wonderful. I'm playing with an xbox controller and it happens less often since I do, tapping the freerun button helps a little too. Everytime I see a passage I wanna run through not up I release the button for a brief moment. He doesn't instantly stop running but slows down over distance... it helps.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2013, 10:33:11 am »

Mines running fine on my radeon 5750 HD and phenom 2 x4 955. I have all the normal setting on high. I've only turned shadows from soft shadows to high normal and the ssao stuff off as I know that always drops my fps.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2013, 11:03:22 am »
+4
The out of the Animusparts are frustratic as hell. I think that they are trying to show the pretty building they worked so hard on, so they forcefully rip you out of the Animus and make you take the damn detour in it every once and a while, cause otherwise you wouldnt really even bother getting out of your office.

It was especially cute when I got dragged in the massively stereotypical and insane french accent having CEOs office and he went to the balcony and we had a view of the town. He went "It is a beautiful city isnt it?" or smthing. All I could think of was "jejeje, its nice I quess, can I go back downstairs now and pirate?"

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2013, 06:46:43 pm »
+2